Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

I get the point behind the question, but would challenge your definition of "lie for money" because lying can be a very broad issue (if you really think about it!) Let me provide an example:

Suppose an educational institution charges $500 per credit hour for a degree that turns out to be worthless. Would the institution be wrong for advertising that they offer training that can lead to a successful career? What if they imply, but don't actually say it?
I could be way off, but IMHO, its the difference between a purchase and a donation. In the end you know if you got screwed on a purchase, and you can take steps to remedy the situation, or at least keep someone else from making the same mistake. With a donation you're forced to rely on faith. You, nor anyone else, will know what happens to the money once its out of your hands. If you rely on someone's word, and its all lies, you're not going to really want to donate again, to anyone. The only way for a charity to continue to exist, and help the people they're supposed to be helping is to weed out the bad ones. They make me think of dandelions. They look so pretty, and fun but if you allow them to stick around they'll end up hurting the awesome garden you rely on for good veggies year round.

Werbung:
I could be way off, but IMHO, its the difference between a purchase and a donation. In the end you know if you got screwed on a purchase, and you can take steps to remedy the situation, or at least keep someone else from making the same mistake. With a donation you're forced to rely on faith. You, nor anyone else, will know what happens to the money once its out of your hands. If you rely on someone's word, and its all lies, you're not going to really want to donate again, to anyone. The only way for a charity to continue to exist, and help the people they're supposed to be helping is to weed out the bad ones. They make me think of dandelions. They look so pretty, and fun but if you allow them to stick around they'll end up hurting the awesome garden you rely on for good veggies year round.

Thank you for your response! I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about charity. Charities rely (and legally are required) to rely on faith and trust to keep their doors open. This isn't a blind trust, as most charities provide documentation of their use of that faith and trust through reports and marketing material.

My comment about colleges was more geared toward for-profit colleges (but can include expensive non-profit colleges as well). At what point does tuition become a matter of paying for an even more expensive campus versus helping students gain the training needed to move forward in life?

How dare we ask Christians to walk their talk.

Regards
DL
Here we go again..The Word of God entitles no one, not even the poorest person, to something he's unwilling to work for. I didn't say "unable," but unwilling. When upside-downers want to defend state compulsion as "charity," finding nothing resembling that in the Bible they will often bring up the law of gleaning. The government had nothing to do with gleaning, so it's irrelevant to their argument. But beyond that, gleaning was the practice by farmers back in the times of Jesus… They would leave the edges of their crops un-harvested, so that the poor could come and pick their own food. Yes, imagine that: The unfortunate had to physically go to the field and work for their meals, like everyone else! How dignifying, compared to the liberals solution of groveling dependency.

We have to get our dignity back…………….Doug

The most famous case was Jim Baker from PTL ministries, in the Charlotte area. He actually got 40 years for it. I don't know if his sentence was commuted or not
The most famous case as of today.. IS BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON.. look them up.. see what percentage goes to charity or none profits.. or if you would like i'll post it..

Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money? How about Plane Parenthood....
Christians believe conscience to be God speaking to us through our natures. H. L. Mencken called it “the still, small voice that reminds us that someone might be watching.” Materialists and secularists refuse to discuss it at all.

As is often the case, there are many theories. As is always the case, there is only one answer, and we the living cannot know it. But we can and do know this: it is real. It has effects upon our thoughts, words, and deeds.

And if you really don't... see the problem with harvesting the organs of purposely murdered babies, you are seriously disturbed.

The fact that the organs are readily identifiable, marks these as partial-birth abortions, not just 'disposing of a clump of tissue.' And don't start throwing exceptions at me -- the vast majority of abortions are NOT to save the mother's life, nor the result of rape. They're for convenience. They're done so that women can let themselves be used carelessly without being 'punished' with the creation of a new human life.

Christians warned us that legalizing abortion would lead to things like this. They were right, and the liberals were wrong.

I got nothing else to say... I'm just trying not to completely lose my shit over the fact that so many people really don't seem to see anything wrong with this.

God help us.
God help us, indeed.

wow! that just took a really sharp turn.

If it were that cut & dry it wouldn't constantly be brought up for debate. You don't know why anyone does it, and anyone who presumes to know someone else's motivation for something as serious as this is delusional. You're entitled to your opinion. Just like liberals are. You're entitled to your religion, just like everyone else. But your religion and opinions have no place in anyone else's lives. I disagree on both counts. Why do you assume you're right and I'm wrong? What makes you an expert in anyone else's life, so much so that you feel entitled to force your point of view on them?

You should live YOUR life the way you see fit. And you should thank your god everyday that you live in a country thats pro-choice rather than one where your decisions are made for you. Like China.

The most famous case as of today.. IS BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON.. look them up.. see what percentage goes to charity or none profits.. or if you would like i'll post it..
Bill and Hilary aren't a church. This comment was specifically talking about churches. As for Bill and Hillary, no need to post, but thank you for the offer. I know they're crooked.

Thank you for your response! I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about charity. Charities rely (and legally are required) to rely on faith and trust to keep their doors open. This isn't a blind trust, as most charities provide documentation of their use of that faith and trust through reports and marketing material.

My comment about colleges was more geared toward for-profit colleges (but can include expensive non-profit colleges as well). At what point does tuition become a matter of paying for an even more expensive campus versus helping students gain the training needed to move forward in life?
I look at college as a hardware store. You aren't buying a future, you're buying the tool to build a future. Some of those tools are going to break right off the bat, while others, like Harvard brand tools, will last forever. you'll get the quality of tool that you -pay for. and sometimes you find that type of carpenter who could build ANYTHING with ANY brand of tool

@cashmccall: "And if you really don't... see the problem with harvesting the organs of purposely murdered babies, you are seriously disturbed."

Do you really have any doubt?

Yes I remember when abortion was legalized, and all the lies that surrounded the decision, that MULTITUDE of poor helpless women who were victims of rape and incest, and after all, it was just a bunch of cells that weren't viable anyway, blah blah blah! And look where we are! For some reason, after 40 years, so many strong, empowered women can't even seem to have the presence of mind to use birth control, or keep their legs together! There seems to be a thread of sociopathy running through society, and I don't even think it's a matter of good people in denial. I think a lot of people just don't care! There is a real element of evil here, and there are those who would mock it, at their peril!

Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money? How about Plane Parenthood....
Christians believe conscience to be God speaking to us through our natures. H. L. Mencken called it “the still, small voice that reminds us that someone might be watching.” Materialists and secularists refuse to discuss it at all.

As is often the case, there are many theories. As is always the case, there is only one answer, and we the living cannot know it. But we can and do know this: it is real. It has effects upon our thoughts, words, and deeds.

And if you really don't... see the problem with harvesting the organs of purposely murdered babies, you are seriously disturbed.

The fact that the organs are readily identifiable, marks these as partial-birth abortions, not just 'disposing of a clump of tissue.' And don't start throwing exceptions at me -- the vast majority of abortions are NOT to save the mother's life, nor the result of rape. They're for convenience. They're done so that women can let themselves be used carelessly without being 'punished' with the creation of a new human life.

Christians warned us that legalizing abortion would lead to things like this. They were right, and the liberals were wrong.

I got nothing else to say... I'm just trying not to completely lose my shit over the fact that so many people really don't seem to see anything wrong with this.

God help us.
God help us, indeed.

I don't see how so many people can just ignore this. It's sickening and horrifying. When I first heard, it of course bothered me, but to see the clip... that woman sitting there enjoying lunch talking nonchalantly about murdering babies for their parts! Like she's just casually talking about any other job. How do people sleep at night? Seriously. How does anyone get to the point where this doesn't bother them?

God help us is exactly what I said when I heard about this atrocity.

Just an observation... but its a little odd how everyone blames the woman, and only the woman. the fact is she wouldn't have to worry about birth control if he learned how to put a condom on. And keeping her legs closed isn't necessary if there aren't men always waiting for opportunity to jump in.

Bill and Hilary aren't a church. This comment was specifically talking about churches. As for Bill and Hillary, no need to post, but thank you for the offer. I know they're crooked.
The question asked.. Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?.. So does my response fit or not..

Just an observation... but its a little odd how everyone blames the woman, and only the woman. the fact is she wouldn't have to worry about birth control if he learned how to put a condom on. And keeping her legs closed isn't necessary if there aren't men always waiting for opportunity to jump in.
My Bad.. You are correct, I should have said, The Man and woman..

The question asked.. Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?.. So does my response fit or not..
in my opinion it could, for one reason...

They never tell the women the emotional repercussions, like the statistics of women who have had to seek therapy afterwards because its a pretty big deal. It can devastate a woman, even if she started out a firm believer in the process. I've said repeatedly that I'm pro-choice for everyone else, but pro-life for me. Regardless of what my beliefs are, I don't know how well I would handle it, personally.

Werbung:
My Bad.. You are correct, I should have said, The Man and woman..
I'm a little sensitive about that, I guess. I'm so tired of hearing why these women are at fault, the dad's are all just victims, the only reasons she got raped and impregnated is because her dress was showing some ankle, and on & on & on.

Back