Subject: A $50 Lesson

I see you don't have the whole answer about homeless people ...

• You will also find those who will take the job and ask for a $20.00 advance to get a pack of smokes and a bite for breakfast who will then take off because another free hand out was scammed ...
  • Then there are those who will barely pull any weeds and let YOU point out the ones that bother you the most so they won't have to preform like expected so they can get out and hang with their friends, throw back a few swallows and talk up the job they barely did.
  • Then there are the ones who want you to give them a few buck because they have to catch the bus to get to a REAL job (the real job is separating the money from another sucker who buys their B.S. story)

If you have NEVER been a LONG TERM homeless person you will NEVER KNOW their cat & mouse games
Is it not interesting that the worse the economy gets, the more cons and "people unwilling to work", welfare bums there are?
Poverty must cause laziness. But, this is nothing new, the "hobos" who rode trains in the vain attempt at finding work during the Great Depression were demonized the same way(con men, too lazy to work, etc.).

Werbung:
Your analogy is also flawed in the fact that by continually reducing the amount paid there would be "some point" when the pay would not be enough for their needs.
Hello!!!! This is the state of the working class in the U.S. today. Only Republicans say that working in most factories (the few that are left), McDonalds, Walmat, etc., provides health care for the kid, money for food, a working car, let alone a house payment. An that is because they have never done it.

Do you actually believe that a person can feed themselves and pay for a home on what they could make doing those jobs? You seem to live in an ideological dream world.

No I do not
but I belive its a start on getting on your own feet instead of only relying on
government, missions and people who drive by you

do you believe that people should once homeless just give up and wait for the govenrment to give you a food stamp voucher and wait in line at the mission and the local church for the food box then go to your local store corner with your sign saying I will work for food.

Is there any part of you that thinks a person should be expected to at least try to help them self or are you as dumb as your anal president who thinks the government is the end all and be all to everyones problem.

Do you actually believe that a person can feed themselves and pay for a home on what they could make doing those jobs? You seem to live in an ideological dream world.

actually - YES! Even if it wasn't $50.00 but just $25.00 - do 6 in a day.

How long do you think it takes to do a $25.00 lawn? half hour with an $8.00 an hour worker? forty five minutes if you two are slow?

I've done it! I would get a guy started on a lawn and then I would go door to door and offer to cut their lawn too and usually pick up 1 to 4 other lawns on the same street! ... then I would go back and start the weed eating!

$200.00 of used equipment would take you a long way!

there is a guy that lives in my subdivision who has 2 employee's that cuts lawns and is not a renter.

Think about the fortune made selling 25-cent packs of gum.

Ask people who wash windows in shopping centers if they as business owners own their home.

When you figure out that EVERYTHING you look at has a cash value, you can start moving ahead with a little effort.

What about cleaning garages? and salvaging stuff people don't want by vending it to swap meet sellers.

Look at people who make a living hauling pallets from businesses. A guy I know does that and owns his own home.

He gets paid for hauling them off - tears down the destroyed ones and repairs the oak ones and sells them to other companies at a nice profit.

... and the broken hunks of wood burn in the fire place for FREE HEAT!

One thing I forgot to add to what I wanted to say, a very important part.

If you, like many libs dont think the poor homeless can make it then YOU GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO MOW THE FRAKIN LAWN FOR HIM! DONT ASK TAX PAYERS TO DO IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BLEEDING HEART!

USE THAT BLEEDING HEART AND WORK ON YOUR DAY OFF OR AFTER YOU GET OFF WORK DOING WORK FOR THOSE WHO CAN NOT DO FOR THEMSELVES.

If just two bleeding heart liberals got together and worked for 2 hours a day after work and then 8 hours a day on your days off, you can set a homeless guy up better than you are yourself! and you dont even have to be president and you wont even have to rape tax payers to do it for you.

Something my brother told me he does for money is sell his food stamps. They give it to you in a credit card looking thing now so the new way is to find someone willing to let you buy their food with your food stamps and what ever the bill comes to they give you half the value in cash.

He said you have to be careful who you ask, he said sometimes republicans turn you in to the state and you can get your food stamps taken away so you have to feel out the person first. I personally think he meant conservatives not republicans but he probably does not know the difference. Either way he finds usually people in the flats. Those are generally hippie types, defiantly Dems. You know the make love not war types. They are the ones he makes these deals with. Now they know he wants the cash for booze and they know this will only hurt him later in the month when he is hungry. But they do it. These same creeps who say we should all pay higher taxes so the very poor have food stamps buy the damn things for half their value knowing it makes them suffer later, and enable the drinking problem now.

So who is to blame…

The bleeding heart lib who wants the program

The homeless person who gets the food stamps and sells them

The jerk who buys them for half their value

Or the conservative who says this whole thing is a bad idea and some reforms must happen!

A $50 Lesson

I recently asked my friends little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?

She replied, I' d give food and houses to all the homeless people.

Her parents beamed with pride.

Wow what a worthy goal, I told her, but you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?

I said, Welcome to the Republican Party.

Her parents still aren't speaking to me

why are you not offering him the job?

Hello!!!! This is the state of the working class in the U.S. today. Only Republicans say that working in most factories (the few that are left), McDonalds, Walmat, etc., provides health care for the kid, money for food, a working car, let alone a house payment. An that is because they have never done it.

So sorry Sport, but wrong again. I'm a CONSERVATIVE, but since you're hung up on the Republican thing, fine. Neither my husband or I have college degrees. We've been "working stiffs" our entire adult lives. We have worked hard and paid our own way. We pay for our health care insurance. We make our house payment. We pay our bills, and play by the rules.

When my husband lost his job in 2004, we risked losing everything. He ended up with work making half what he had, and we realize that there may be no retirement in our future, and possibly no help from SS or Medicare. Fine.

So please don't tell me "they have never done it." We have done it, raising our kids and living a modest lifestyle so that we could just get by at times. We didn't get any breaks, and we bid it without handouts.

I'm thankful that we live in a society where those who truly need help typically have it available. That safety net is there, even if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

I AM the working class in America. So you can't just drop the condescension.

So sorry Sport, but wrong again. I'm a CONSERVATIVE,...

...I'm thankful that we live in a society where those who truly need help typically have it available.
An unusual Conservative view. Sounds more like a Liberal.

since you like stereotyping ... this post is indicative of a liberals post ...
It should have looked something like THIS :rolleyes:
messing up what has ALREADY been done correctly.

How did you mess up a simple quote? ... and you were allowed to vote??

It is so mediocre - couldn't even pay attention enough to notice you messed it up - and you want WHO to think you can vote for the RIGHT President.

Claim to do a complicated thing like pick the BEST person for President and UNABLE to do a simple post!

It is so mediocre - couldn't even pay attention enough to notice you messed it up - and you want WHO to think you can vote for the RIGHT President.

Claim to do a complicated thing like pick the BEST person for President and UNABLE to do a simple post!
"...mess up a simple quote?" How was the quote "messed up"? Do you mean the missing text replaced with ellipses?

Hey! I have an idea. Lets just trade insults instead of commenting/discussing politics.

Werbung:
Hey! I have an idea. Lets just trade insults instead of commenting/discussing politics.
the problem with the discussion of politics on MOST forums - is everyone yaks it up and anything that may look like an ACTUAL SOLUTION gets ignored.

That is a BIG PART of America's problem - most people lay on the porch and cry like a puppy ... EXCEPT for those who are undermining the path which took America to her former greatness.

besides that - its fun to watch how foolish people can't get out of a SIMPLE insult yet they want to be accepted as a real formidable thought processor!

Back