Technology and the Middle Class

Werbung:
Where did anything say higher education was required to work on an assembly line? My father, whom I spoke of earlier, never got out past the sixth grade, and as I pointed out did quite well. Hamburger flippers need a college degree? Wasn't Bill Gates, and many others, college drop outs? Limbaugh, your cowardly hero, is a college drop out, not to mention a drug addict.

No, what you fail to understand is that no an education has not proven to be of a benefit to many. People with multiple degrees are flipping burgers, driving truck, cleaning toilets, etc. And really, until you idiots come up with some sources to support your *********, you will always be what you are now, ignorant, and irrelevant.

In fact, look at this chart, and compare education with work experience, and apprenticeship.

http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_table_education_summary.htm

You need reading and math neither of which are assured in high school grads. You also need basic computer skills for anything remotely high tech. Twitter-fu wont cut it.
Perhaps popping a peg into a hole doesnt require much but machines can do that better and cheaper so they get the job. But who maintains the machines ? Only those willing to learn.

You need reading and math neither of which are assured in high school grads. You also need basic computer skills for anything remotely high tech. Twitter-fu wont cut it.
Perhaps popping a peg into a hole doesnt require much but machines can do that better and cheaper so they get the job. But who maintains the machines ? Only those willing to learn.
But what about the entitlement .... :eek:

the notion of entitlement is a big factor in WHY Americans lost their mojo.

Yes, couldn't be the loss of opportunity, now could it. Do you really think all of those millions of jobs created in China, India, etc., were given to college graduates?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012...disappearing-and-what-workers-can-do-about-it

Perhaps this is an answer though:

http://www.parade.com/150111/robertreich/what-america-needs-now/

There is, however, a possibility for a win-win outcome. More than 12 million students are projected to drop out of high school over the next decade; the millions more with diplomas face bleak job prospects. Many young people (and their parents) still assume that the only gateway to good jobs is a four-year college education. But we can learn from Germany, a world leader in technical training, and offer two-year degrees in manufacturing technology, starting the last year of high school and extending a year beyond. This education reconfiguration could solve two problems at once—and strengthen the economy.

Then too, it is much easier for you to blame Obama rather then Republicans, corporations, globalism, etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...raged-by-economic-recovery-leave-labor-force/

Part of the drop reflects the baby boom generation's gradual move into retirement. But such demographics aren't the whole answer.

Even Americans of prime working age — 25 to 54 years old — are dropping out of the workforce. Their participation rate fell to 81.1 percent last month, tied with November for the lowest since December 1984.

"It's the lack of job opportunities — the lack of demand for workers — that is keeping these workers from working or seeking work," says Heidi Shierholz, an economist at the liberal Economic Policy Institute. The Labor Department says there are still more than three unemployed people for every job opening.

Yes, couldn't be the loss of opportunity, now could it. Do you really think all of those millions of jobs created in China, India, etc., were given to college graduates?

do you really think a college degree is necessary ? basic communication, math and science are needed and the working class managed to not make the grade.
There is, however, a possibility for a win-win outcome. More than 12 million students are projected to drop out of high school over the next decade; the millions more with diplomas face bleak job prospects. Many young people (and their parents) still assume that the only gateway to good jobs is a four-year college education. But we can learn from Germany, a world leader in technical training, and offer two-year degrees in manufacturing technology, starting the last year of high school and extending a year beyond. This education reconfiguration could solve two problems at once—and strengthen the economy.
liberal policy did its best to eliminat technical education as well as to make seeking it seem undesirable. huge mistake. college degrees are no magic talisman especially when issued out in insupportable numbers. (nevermind AA forcing kids who could not possibly succeed in hiugher education to try and fail).

Then too, it is much easier for you to blame Obama rather then Republicans, corporations, globalism, etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...raged-by-economic-recovery-leave-labor-force/

Part of the drop reflects the baby boom generation's gradual move into retirement. But such demographics aren't the whole answer.

Even Americans of prime working age — 25 to 54 years old — are dropping out of the workforce. Their participation rate fell to 81.1 percent last month, tied with November for the lowest since December 1984.

"It's the lack of job opportunities — the lack of demand for workers — that is keeping these workers from working or seeking work," says Heidi Shierholz, an economist at the liberal Economic Policy Institute. The Labor Department says there are still more than three unemployed people for every job opening.
couldnt possibly have anything to do with the obama led worst recovery in history could it ?

do you really think a college degree is necessary ? basic communication, math and science are needed and the working class managed to not make the grade.

And here I thought you posted it was due to the lack of education by American workers. Oh wait, YOU did say just that. Seems like you, the teabagger, and jdrp can't remember from one post to the next what you say:

"You need reading and math neither of which are assured in high school grads. You also need basic computer skills for anything remotely high tech"

liberal policy did its best to eliminat technical education as well as to make seeking it seem undesirable. huge mistake. college degrees are no magic talisman especially when issued out in insupportable numbers. (nevermind AA forcing kids who could not possibly succeed in hiugher education to try and fail).

Since you cannot seem to even use spell check one could assume you got a public education. Yet you feel you are more competent then others. The too, I remember when the right wing lunatics were outraged at the idea of schools teaching a trade when it was suggested by the left such as Hillary Clinton.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Hillary_Clinton_Education.htm

Q: Has the debate so far in this campaign paid enough attention to education?

A: I don’t think it has. In the debates that we’ve had, education is an afterthought. But when I go out and campaign all over the country, it’s really on the minds of people. And I’ve outlined a very vigorous education agenda starting with universal prekindergarten, changing No Child Left Behind, making college affordable, finding programs for training and apprenticeship for kids who don’t go to college.

Then too, I can remember when Goldwater, and Reagan, opposed any federal funding for education (something I would support save for maybe the smaller, less populated, States), and then in 1981 both supported the federal funding, and elimination of the DoEd., and then Reagan funded, and expanded, the powers of the DoEd.

couldnt possibly have anything to do with the obama led worst recovery in history could it ?

Was he also responsible for the loss of million of jobs to offshoring, or the sending of thousands of corporations to foreign countries?

And here I thought you posted it was due to the lack of education by American workers. Oh wait, YOU did say just that. Seems like you, the teabagger, and jdrp can't remember from one post to the next what you say:

"You need reading and math neither of which are assured in high school grads. You also need basic computer skills for anything remotely high tech"

Since you cannot seem to even use spell check one could assume you got a public education. Yet you feel you are more competent then others. The too, I remember when the right wing lunatics were outraged at the idea of schools teaching a trade when it was suggested by the left such as Hillary Clinton.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Hillary_Clinton_Education.htm

Q: Has the debate so far in this campaign paid enough attention to education?

A: I don’t think it has. In the debates that we’ve had, education is an afterthought. But when I go out and campaign all over the country, it’s really on the minds of people. And I’ve outlined a very vigorous education agenda starting with universal prekindergarten, changing No Child Left Behind, making college affordable, finding programs for training and apprenticeship for kids who don’t go to college.

Then too, I can remember when Goldwater, and Reagan, opposed any federal funding for education (something I would support save for maybe the smaller, less populated, States), and then in 1981 both supported the federal funding, and elimination of the DoEd., and then Reagan funded, and expanded, the powers of the DoEd.

Was he also responsible for the loss of million of jobs to offshoring, or the sending of thousands of corporations to foreign countries?
techschools were phased out many years before HRC got into politics. and just how difficult is it to comprehend that education is not limited to college ? you even bother to repeat it and still haven't the wit to grasp it. indicates your reading level is well below 12th grade. there is no role for the federal govt in education and curiously enough its about the time DoEd was founded that schools went from bad to worse. but mainly it was the donkeys that made tech ed undesirable.
BO was not responsible for offshoring but liberal policies to which he ascribes were.

techschools were phased out many years before HRC got into politics. and just how difficult is it to comprehend that education is not limited to college ? you even bother to repeat it and still haven't the wit to grasp it. indicates your reading level is well below 12th grade. there is no role for the federal govt in education and curiously enough its about the time DoEd was founded that schools went from bad to worse. but mainly it was the donkeys that made tech ed undesirable.
BO was not responsible for offshoring but liberal policies to which he ascribes were.

Actually, I repeat things because you keep saying they are wrong, and then prove them to be right. Then you have such a lack of comprehension as to not be able to see you have to back peddle on your claims while I never do. Then too, not every one can be smarter then a fifth grader.

Tech schools are still in existence if you want to go to one. Just a few are
  1. Portland Trade School1 (888) 418 9547
    www.heald.edu/Portland‎

2. ITT Technical Institute‎1 (855) 664 5550
    www.itt-tech.edu/‎

3. Local Tech Schools - Day & Evening Classes Available‎
    www.everestinstitute.edu/Tech-Schools
  1. American School of Technology
    www.ast.edu/‎

2. American College of Technology: Welcome | Accredited Online ...
    acot.edu/‎
  3. American Technical Institute, LLP (On Line Courses)
    www.atiinspectortraining.com/‎

4. Georgia Institute of Technology
    www.gatech.edu/‎

5. Education America | Remington College | Career Colleges ...
    www.educationamerica.com/‎

6. America's Best School Bus Technician
    www.americasbesttech.org/‎

7. MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Recognize any of them?

Now, as to teaching a trade in the schools, such as public schools, when I was growing up we had shop classes, wood, metal, automotive, Home Ed., etc. Same was true when my youngest brother was in school in the '80's, a0nd 90's. In fact, in the small town I live outside of they still teach wood working, and automotive. Still, you are so blind as to want to blame the liberals for everything, and then you will be disingenuous enough to try and claim you believe both parties are at fault.

Two other falsehoods, I actually call them "lies of ignorance", (1) "offshoring", the basis of globalism, was a Republican thing back as far as Nixon, and Reagan, and finalized by the Republicans under NAFTA, GATT2, and the WTO. It was Bush that allowed China full membership in the WTO, and then we saw the massive "sucking sound" Perot predicted; (2) While it was Carter that founded the idea of the DoEd. it was Reagan that expanded its powers, and funded it.

Attachments

• upload_2013-9-4_16-42-36.png
    upload_2013-9-4_16-42-36.png
    251 bytes · Views: 2
  • upload_2013-9-4_16-42-36.png
    upload_2013-9-4_16-42-36.png
    251 bytes · Views: 2
Actually, I repeat things because you keep saying they are wrong, and then prove them to be right. Then you have such a lack of comprehension as to not be able to see you have to back peddle on your claims while I never do. Then too, not every one can be smarter then a fifth grader.

Tech schools are still in existence if you want to go to one. Just a few are
  1. Portland Trade School1 (888) 418 9547
    www.heald.edu/Portland‎

2. ITT Technical Institute‎1 (855) 664 5550
    www.itt-tech.edu/‎

3. Local Tech Schools - Day & Evening Classes Available‎
    www.everestinstitute.edu/Tech-Schools
  1. American School of Technology
    www.ast.edu/‎

2. American College of Technology: Welcome | Accredited Online ...
    acot.edu/‎
  3. American Technical Institute, LLP (On Line Courses)
    www.atiinspectortraining.com/‎

4. Georgia Institute of Technology
    www.gatech.edu/‎

5. Education America | Remington College | Career Colleges ...
    www.educationamerica.com/‎

6. America's Best School Bus Technician
    www.americasbesttech.org/‎

7. MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Recognize any of them?

Now, as to teaching a trade in the schools, such as public schools, when I was growing up we had shop classes, wood, metal, automotive, Home Ed., etc. Same was true when my youngest brother was in school in the '80's, a0nd 90's. In fact, in the small town I live outside of they still teach wood working, and automotive. Still, you are so blind as to want to blame the liberals for everything, and then you will be disingenuous enough to try and claim you believe both parties are at fault.

Two other falsehoods, I actually call them "lies of ignorance", (1) "offshoring", the basis of globalism, was a Republican thing back as far as Nixon, and Reagan, and finalized by the Republicans under NAFTA, GATT2, and the WTO. It was Bush that allowed China full membership in the WTO, and then we saw the massive "sucking sound" Perot predicted; (2) While it was Carter that founded the idea of the DoEd. it was Reagan that expanded its powers, and funded it.
heard of the Richmond Technical Center ? no ? probably because the city shut it down. so no more kids learning HVAC, auto repair, carpentry etc. The Dinwiddie one just down the road same 4hing (a work collegue's dad WAS principal. got a good education on the death of that from a guy intimately involved.it may be news to you that you dont go to MIT to be a plumber. and as for ITT Tech ? nobody in tech takes them seriously. quit while you're behind...

heard of the Richmond Technical Center ? no ? probably because the city shut it down. so no more kids learning HVAC, auto repair, carpentry etc. The Dinwiddie one just down the road same 4hing (a work collegue's dad WAS principal. got a good education on the death of that from a guy intimately involved.it may be news to you that you dont go to MIT to be a plumber. and as for ITT Tech ? nobody in tech takes them seriously. quit while you're behind...

Actually, I am so far ahead of you the only way I could get behind is if I went to sleep for 40 years. Even as you point out how two tech schools failed, and give no reason as to why they failed, you prove nothing of what I said to be false.

Now, here is what you said, and I proved to be *********:

"techschools were phased out many years before HRC got into politics... but mainly it was the donkeys that made tech ed undesirable."

Werbung:

Evidently you were lying about Richmond Technical Center:

http://newweb.richmond.k12.va.us/schools/specialty/rtc.aspx

and Dinwiddie:

http://www.rowanty.com/pages/general.htm

Please quit confusing me with the morons you are generally used to "debating" with.

Back