Technology and the Middle Class

Absolutely right ....

But, I am sure he has 10 pages of propaganda from Mother Jones and Huffpo to dispute it .... will you be reading that garbage?
think ill pass. I have seen the thrust of his sources, I already know what they say. Trap is too invested in this vast no wing globalism boogyman. not much use discussing matters when he has bought in to what someone said.

Werbung:
Correct again dog ...
but I try throwing inconvenient facts out so that just maybe they will get some to question what they are told. when they start to realize the pictures they have been shown have been cropped to suggest a different reality then there is a chance. truth will out ev3ntually.

but I try throwing inconvenient facts out so that just maybe they will get some to question what they are told. when they start to realize the pictures they have been shown have been cropped to suggest a different reality then there is a chance. truth will out ev3ntually.
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

-Matthew 7:6

Absolutely right ....

But, I am sure he has 10 pages of propaganda from Mother Jones and Huffpo to dispute it .... will you be reading that garbage?

Interesting. I give you two days to find some facts to support your opinion, and all you can come up with is more ridicule, and *********. Kind of the mentality of fools which seems quite common place for the right wing lunatic. Sort of the same mentality that ignores the banking fraud that led to the housing crisis, or the mentality that seems to feel people suddenly quit looking for work. And I'll bet you have multitudes of ********* form the self confessed liar Glenn Beck to post at some point.

A brain is a hell of a thing to waste, however, you seem to enjoy doing so. Remember the definition for "texas tea" I posted. You fit the description quite well.

The same rules apply you just dont understand them. The industrial revolution was made possible by a better educated work force. Reading and writtingbecame necessary and thenworking class responded. The "rule" is that you thrive if you are ahead in the education curve. We are no longer so. I read your article, it misses the point regarding cause and effect.

Where did anything say higher education was required to work on an assembly line? My father, whom I spoke of earlier, never got out past the sixth grade, and as I pointed out did quite well. Hamburger flippers need a college degree? Wasn't Bill Gates, and many others, college drop outs? Limbaugh, your cowardly hero, is a college drop out, not to mention a drug addict.

No, what you fail to understand is that no an education has not proven to be of a benefit to many. People with multiple degrees are flipping burgers, driving truck, cleaning toilets, etc. And really, until you idiots come up with some sources to support your *********, you will always be what you are now, ignorant, and irrelevant.

In fact, look at this chart, and compare education with work experience, and apprenticeship.

http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_table_education_summary.htm

Warnings about advances in technology destroying the middle class have been around since the days of the "Luddites". However, it now appears they had a point albeit somewhat ahead their time.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/how-technology-wrecks-the-middle-class/?_r=0

Computerization has therefore fostered a polarization of employment, with job growth concentrated in both the highest- and lowest-paid occupations, while jobs in the middle have declined. Surprisingly, overall employment rates have largely been unaffected in states and cities undergoing this rapid polarization. Rather, as employment in routine jobs has ebbed, employment has risen both in high-wage managerial, professional and technical occupations and in low-wage, in-person service occupations.

So computerization is not reducing the quantity of jobs, but rather degrading the quality of jobs for a significant subset of workers. Demand for highly educated workers who excel in abstract tasks is robust, but the middle of the labor market, where the routine task-intensive jobs lie, is sagging. Workers without college education therefore concentrate in manual task-intensive jobs — like food services, cleaning and security — which are numerous but offer low wages, precarious job security and few prospects for upward mobility. This bifurcation of job opportunities has contributed to the historic rise in income inequality.

All of the other things aside -- why does income inequality matter?

And I guess the question of if a computer can do my job better than I can, why should I get paid a ton of money to do it? If that is the case, I might want to think about changing my skill set.

Where did anything say higher education was required to work on an assembly line? My father, whom I spoke of earlier, never got out past the sixth grade, and as I pointed out did quite well. Hamburger flippers need a college degree? Wasn't Bill Gates, and many others, college drop outs? Limbaugh, your cowardly hero, is a college drop out, not to mention a drug addict.

No, what you fail to understand is that no an education has not proven to be of a benefit to many. People with multiple degrees are flipping burgers, driving truck, cleaning toilets, etc. And really, until you idiots come up with some sources to support your *********, you will always be what you are now, ignorant, and irrelevant.

In fact, look at this chart, and compare education with work experience, and apprenticeship.

http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_table_education_summary.htm

You need reading and math neither of which are assured in high school grads. You also need basic computer skills for anything remotely high tech. Twitter-fu wont cut it.
Perhaps popping a peg into a hole doesnt require much but machines can do that better and cheaper so they get the job. But who maintains the machines ? Those who chose to educate themselves.
Same as it ever was...

All of the other things aside -- why does income inequality matter?

Income equality matters because it is the Communist way ......

The Marxist Income Inequality Lie

Richard Epstein of the New York University School of Law explained simple economics to the Leftists at PBS recently. Somebody will probably get fired for allowing this guy on the air at Propaganda Broadcasting System, but for now be thankful for the lesson.

Right now, the wealthy in America are NOT paying their fair share of the tax burden–they are paying far too much. Americans should all be treated the same before the law, which means, instead of a Marxist progressive tax scheme, all Americans should be paying taxes at the same rate.

The wealthy will still pay far more money (it’s simple math), but the law would not be penalizing them for doing better. In fact, much of the immense complexity of our tax system (and the resulting loopholes and finagling) are due to our government’s obsession with “sticking it to the rich.”

Werbung:
Income equality matters because it is the Communist way ......

The Marxist Income Inequality Lie

Richard Epstein of the New York University School of Law explained simple economics to the Leftists at PBS recently. Somebody will probably get fired for allowing this guy on the air at Propaganda Broadcasting System, but for now be thankful for the lesson.

Right now, the wealthy in America are NOT paying their fair share of the tax burden–they are paying far too much. Americans should all be treated the same before the law, which means, instead of a Marxist progressive tax scheme, all Americans should be paying taxes at the same rate.

The wealthy will still pay far more money (it’s simple math), but the law would not be penalizing them for doing better. In fact, much of the immense complexity of our tax system (and the resulting loopholes and finagling) are due to our government’s obsession with “sticking it to the rich.”

It doesn't seem to make any sense. For example, if the top 1000 richest people (or earners) in the country suddenly took all their money and left, income inequality would instantly be "better." But what has changed? And why is anyone any better off?

Back