The average Fox News viewer has an IQ 20 points lower than the US average

If an honest and open debate is setting you up for ridicule and bashing, then you're not much of a debater. That is disappointing, as you do have different views from most on this forum.

youre on the naughty list now bro but your points are valid.

Werbung:
If an honest and open debate is setting you up for ridicule and bashing, then you're not much of a debater. That is disappointing, as you do have different views from most on this forum.
What I find on this board is that too many people debate by taking things out of context, strawman conclusions, tiresome ridicule, overgeneralization of what all liberals are like, red herrings, etc.etc.

In short, very few debates here are honest and open. Trying to answer all the crap that comes out of the conservatives is often laborious and futile.

PLC. . .have you read the post that "invited me" to a debate?
Did you find it to be a "respectful" way to approach a debate? For one thing, I am neither a "kid" nor is my pen name "Openminded."

Maybe YOU are not used to being disrespected and having a half dozen person either totally ignore your posts or turn everything you say into ridicule, in addition to splitting hair and being baited by ONE (always the same) moderator (who should know better. . .in view of his position as a moderator).

But I have a long history of this. I am never afraid of a debate. . .but why should I set myself up for another bashing and another rotten eggs throwing? Ever wondered that?

You tell me how YOU would take those comments if you had the same history of abusive treatment as I have received in this forum basically since day one. . .and, please try to use your sense of fairness, in which I have always trusted . . .until recently, when you also began to totally ignore my posts, and ignore the baiting and trolling your fellow moderator engaged in towards me.

If you don't like my statements. . .fine. I'm used to it.

But I will not be set up as a sacrifice to the vitriolic attacks from the extreme Right in this forum. . .at least not unless I feel like answering.

PLC. . .have you read the post that "invited me" to a debate?
Did you find it to be a "respectful" way to approach a debate? For one thing, I am neither a "kid" nor is my pen name "Openminded."

Maybe YOU are not used to being disrespected and having a half dozen person either totally ignore your posts or turn everything you say into ridicule, in addition to splitting hair and being baited by ONE (always the same) moderator (who should know better. . .in view of his position as a moderator).

But I have a long history of this. I am never afraid of a debate. . .but why should I set myself up for another bashing and another rotten eggs throwing? Ever wondered that?

You tell me how YOU would take those comments if you had the same history of abusive treatment as I have received in this forum basically since day one. . .and, please try to use your sense of fairness, in which I have always trusted . . .until recently, when you also began to totally ignore my posts, and ignore the baiting and trolling your fellow moderator engaged in towards me.

If you don't like my statements. . .fine. I'm used to it.

But I will not be set up as a sacrifice to the vitriolic attacks from the extreme Right in this forum. . .at least not unless I feel like answering.
I respect you as much as any wrong thinking liberal..lol...now lagboltz, well he comes off a little arrogant, but he's a smart guy...just wrong!

I respect you as much as any wrong thinking liberal..lol...now lagboltz, well he comes off a little arrogant, but he's a smart guy...just wrong!

Yep. . .that makes sense! "a wrong thinking liberal!"

Well. . .I respect you just as much. . .and for the same reason: a wrong thinking conservative. And, mind you, I do not think that all conservative are wrong. . .in fact, I have a great deal of respect for some fiscal conservatives, who do not mix (or are honest enough to not fall into the trap) "social conservatism" with "fiscal conservatism" and "religious dogmas."

Thanks also for the subtle insult implying that, unlike Lagboltz, I am not smart!
That's okay. . .I also agree that Lagboltz is very smart, and CORRECT. English is also, obviously, his first language, while it is not mine. So. . .I will give you this much: I am not as articulate as Lagboltz. In terms of "smarts" I do not believe anyone in this forum can be a "smart judge!"

Thanks also for the subtle insult implying that, unlike Lagboltz, I am not smart!..see your alway's thinking the worst about conservative..that was not my intention, but it would have been a good one...as far as lag being articulate, i think your right

Gosh, I mean, well, ... this is embarrassing... but thank you for the complements anyway.

As far as arrogance, I think this forum forces arrogance to blossom in full glory with most everyone here.

Of course you forced me to click "Like" on the last three posts.

Gosh, I mean, well, ... this is embarrassing... but thank you for the complements anyway.

As far as arrogance, I think this forum forces arrogance to blossom in full glory with most everyone here.

Yes, I agree. However, in some case, arrogance is like a diamond on a pig's nose.

But in your case, I don't detect so much arrogance as a justified high self-esteem. But I will reserve my judgement (I know, my "opinion" is a moot point!") since I don't really know you, but can only "judge" by a few posts.

But, after all the praises, can you take a constructive criticism. . .from a "foreign speaker?" It is not "complements," it is "compliments." ;)

because religion is very much about right and wrong while science is largely absent of that perspective.

to answer the question, you've just stated an observation, there is no aspect of right and wrong to it.

Then explain why "religion" made the WRONG decision to persecute people for questioning the "fact" that the earth was flat?

Or why did "religion" make the WRONG decision to persecute and forcibly "convert" indigenous people in Mexico?

Or why did the Roman Catholic Church make the WRONG decision to support the Nazi regime for so many years before they began to denounce it?

Then explain why "religion" made the WRONG decision to persecute people for questioning the "fact" that the earth was flat?

Or why did "religion" make the WRONG decision to persecute and forcibly "convert" indigenous people in Mexico?

Or why did the Roman Catholic Church make the WRONG decision to support the Nazi regime for so many years before they began to denounce it?

flat earth ? not right and wrong matter
the rest is people issues nobody is perfect

flat earth ? not right and wrong matter
the rest is people issues nobody is perfect

The EARTH may not be a "right or wrong" issue. What the religious hierarchy did about it IS INDEED WRONG!

And may I remind you that religion is ALL about people. . . Avout people's beliefs and how these beliefs are at both Inluence and influence their culture and the sense of "right and wrong" you find so effective in explaining the world!

Sorry, I don't vuy it! Religion is man made, so it is imperfect and limited by men's own limitations.

Yes, I agree. However, in some case, arrogance is like a diamond on a pig's nose.

But in your case, I don't detect so much arrogance as a justified high self-esteem. But I will reserve my judgement (I know, my "opinion" is a moot point!") since I don't really know you, but can only "judge" by a few posts.

But, after all the praises, can you take a constructive criticism. . .from a "foreign speaker?" It is not "complements," it is "compliments." ;)
:) Speling was never my majer streingth. Its a gud thing my Opera internet browser has a speling chekar. It said my speling of complement was gud, but it didnt tell me it was the wrong wurd.

Werbung:
The EARTH may not be a "right or wrong" issue. What the religious hierarchy did about it IS INDEED WRONG!

And may I remind you that religion is ALL about people. . . Avout people's beliefs and how these beliefs are at both Inluence and influence their culture and the sense of "right and wrong" you find so effective in explaining the world!

Sorry, I don't vuy it! Religion is man made, so it is imperfect and limited by men's own limitations.

Why is it libs recognize and strongly condemn the wrongs of the past, particularly those committed by the Christian church, but NEVER recognize the CURRENT wrongs committed by liberalism?

Back