The average Fox News viewer has an IQ 20 points lower than the US average

Werbung:
Ain't it great that science reveals the details of the mechanisms so we will eventually have no need for God?

I can tease you as well as you can tease me. :)

cant happen imo. besides who created all this that it was permitted to be ? solve one mystery discover two more : )

Ahh yet another Christian fallacy

If you can't answer a hard question make one up

And in the case of god as creator make one up that just pushes the hard question one stage further back and creates loads of questions that are even harder to answer

You guys should try shaving with Ockham's razor every once in a while

If god allows shaving of hair of course

I guess he should as he seems quite fond of shaving babies' foreskins

Ahh yet another Christian fallacy

If you can't answer a hard question make one up

And in the case of god as creator make one up that just pushes the hard question one stage further back and creates loads of questions that are even harder to answer

You guys should try shaving with Ockham's razor every once in a while

If god allows shaving of hair of course

I guess he should as he seems quite fond of shaving babies' foreskins

hard questions ? no. questions framed in terms that dont apply perhaps.

Prizes for decoding that one

The universe must have come from somewhere

Therefore the god of the bible

Makes perfect sense

If you are a retard

What about it, Openmind? Are you game?

Funny, PLC. Once again, I believe you are trying to set me up for ridicule and bashing by all those who "love to hate openmind" in this forum. I must say that I didn't expect that from you.

I do not play "games." I express my opinion, and I bring factual information when my opinion is based on facts.

And yet, there is not ONE of my post that EVER gets passed the "hairsplitting" and "ridicule hunting" in this forum.

I would love to have a real debate, even on a subject as personal and subjective as religion as compared to science. But I am not into being placed in a box where the whole debates turn into "let's ridicule and attack Openmind. ..she doesn't stand a chance against all of us, and anything she say, whether it makes sense of not, whether it is based on facts or not, whether she express her comments as "opinions" or as "verifiable facts" can be spinned and twisted and provide all of us with an opportunity to bully."

Not a good basis for debate. I really didn't think you would participate in this.

Tells you how much I know!

Science is good at describing how the world works.
Religion is better at describing why.
That little declaration sounds catchy, but doesn't say much about religion.
Why is religion better at describing why? (Other than God did it.)

For example why is the speed of light 299,792,458 meters per second?

That little declaration sounds catchy, but doesn't say much about religion.
Why is religion better at describing why? (Other than God did it.)

For example why is the speed of light 299,792,458 meters per second?

because religion is very much about right and wrong while science is largely absent of that perspective.

to answer the question, you've just stated an observation, there is no aspect of right and wrong to it.

because religion is very much about right and wrong while science is largely absent of that perspective.

to answer the question, you've just stated an observation, there is no aspect of right and wrong to it.
So, in other words you are saying:

Religion is better at describing morality.

I'll accept that. But if that's what it means, it could have been worded more clearly.

Ok Christians explain the why of this one

Why does god need angels?

Not so good at the why now is it?

Religion creates far more why questions than it answers so it has negative 'why' value

So, in other words you are saying:

Religion is better at describing morality.

I'll accept that. But if that's what it means, it could have been worded more clearly.

things can always be better stated but you got the idea

Werbung:
Funny, PLC. Once again, I believe you are trying to set me up for ridicule and bashing by all those who "love to hate openmind" in this forum. I must say that I didn't expect that from you.

I do not play "games." I express my opinion, and I bring factual information when my opinion is based on facts.

And yet, there is not ONE of my post that EVER gets passed the "hairsplitting" and "ridicule hunting" in this forum.

I would love to have a real debate, even on a subject as personal and subjective as religion as compared to science. But I am not into being placed in a box where the whole debates turn into "let's ridicule and attack Openmind. ..she doesn't stand a chance against all of us, and anything she say, whether it makes sense of not, whether it is based on facts or not, whether she express her comments as "opinions" or as "verifiable facts" can be spinned and twisted and provide all of us with an opportunity to bully."

Not a good basis for debate. I really didn't think you would participate in this.

Tells you how much I know!

If an honest and open debate is setting you up for ridicule and bashing, then you're not much of a debater. That is disappointing, as you do have different views from most on this forum.

Back