The average Fox News viewer has an IQ 20 points lower than the US average

Werbung:
Why touché?

Low viewing figures is a comment on the popularity of the program and if you are suggesting that this unpopular program is the dems equivalent of Fox then what you are really saying is that dems are much less likely to be sucked in by propaganda.

Which is a fair point and consequently a rather spectacular backfire rather than a touché

Why touché?

Low viewing figures is a comment on the popularity of the program and if you are suggesting that this unpopular program is the dems equivalent of Fox then what you are really saying is that dems are much less likely to be sucked in by propaganda.

Which is a fair point and consequently a rather spectacular backfire rather than a touché[/quote.. I can see where you might come up with that response..The truth is no one cares what they have to say..

Lots of good evidence here to support the hypothesis of this thread

Just to help you out ...they couldn't find three wise men and a pregnant virgin

Like they couldn't anywhere else 2000 or so years ago

So whilst you are scoffing at the few smart people on this board remember that you believe an angel impregnated a woman

It is no wonder you struggle with reason

And by the way...what is the point of angels?

Why does an omnipotent being need helpers FFS?

So whilst you are scoffing at the few smart people on this board remember that you believe an angel impregnated a woman

It is no wonder you struggle with reason
If he got that fact wrong then it indicates that he struggles with reason.

Then perhaps it will be of interest to you that he does not believe an angel inpregnated a woman and in fact that is not what Christianity teaches. The angel merely gave the message and had no role in mary becoming pregnant. By your reasoning then you struggle with reason?

Having watched Fox News (reluctantly) at least once a week for over 4 years and having debated with Fox addicts in several forums . . I had a strong suspicion that this may be true.

I'm a FOX viewer. Wanna try your hand debating me to see if you're really as smart as you think you are?? I'm ready when you are, kid, and I'm willing to tie half my brain behind my back so the debate is more fair! :)

I'm a FOX viewer. Wanna try your hand debating me to see if you're really as smart as you think you are?? I'm ready when you are, kid, and I'm willing to tie half my brain behind my back so the debate is more fair! :)

You and Limbaugh!

That remark is enough to give me a pretty good idea of your level of intellect and the arguments you would be rabashing again!

been there, done that. . . I'm not interested in what you have to say, not about after the best "come on" you have to offer comes straight out of the king Ass Hole half brain!

Have a nice life! LOL!

You and Limbaugh!

That remark is enough to give me a pretty good idea of your level of intellect and the arguments you would be rabashing again!

been there, done that. . . I'm not interested in what you have to say, not about after the best "come on" you have to offer comes straight out of the king Ass Hole half brain!

Have a nice life! LOL!

Typical leftwing retort! "Oh yeh, and your mother wears combat boots". Simple-minded kid! Bring on a real debate, kid, OR slink away and keep impersonating an intelligent human being to those you can fake-out. I AM a Fox viewer. You accused Fox viewers of being less intelligent than those watching MSNBC and other leftwing operations. I'm calling you out on your contention. PROVE if by debating me, any subject you choose! I don't see you doing that! Nevertheless, I'll be here anytime you want to try! WELL???? ;)

Eek the horror of debating with JPRD?

Can you imagine such a powerful adversary?

To be fair it is quite hard arguing with someone who uses as the foundation of their beliefs an older version of Harry potter, who is a genocide denier and struggles with consistency

But go on, I'm happy to give it a whirl

It is quite funny reading his fundamentalist rants that seek to rewrite any facts that get in the way of some good old fashioned White right rehashed propaganda

The below-posted comments illustrate the leftist approach to debating important issues of the day.

Eek the horror of debating with JPRD?
Can you imagine such a powerful adversary?

I doubt that you could imagine such a powerful adversary! This particluar leftist technique is one of their favorites. Our worthless CIC uses this technique frequently. The poster replies to my debate-challenge by trying to minimize and ridicule me. This technique is strongly recommended by the infamous, leftist guru, Saul Alinsky, as a great means of combat when the facts, logic, and common sense aren't on your side. The correct response to those trying to use this approach on you is to point-out the irrelevance of the leftist's attempt to demean and ridicule you, and try to keep the discussion directed toward issues.

To be fair it is quite hard arguing with someone who uses as the foundation of their beliefs an older version of Harry potter, who is a genocide denier and struggles with consistency

Note once again how the leftist throws out cute little blurbs that are not based on fact, and that serve no purpose but to minimize the opponent. Unfortunately for this leftist, he is and will be unable to minimize any Conservative who's knowlegable on the issues and the leftist techniques aimed at clouding the debate. Unfortunately, most leftists are so brainwashed these days that facts, logic, and common sense are no longer relevant to them.

But go on, I'm happy to give it a whirl

If you're suggesting that we debate one another, I'm "open-minded" enough to allow YOU to pick the subject." Any subject or issue is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Proceed at your leisure!

It is quite funny reading his fundamentalist rants that seek to rewrite any facts that get in the way of some good old fashioned White right rehashed propaganda

Ahhhh, I should have known we couldn't get out of this post without experiencing the other favorite technique of the political left; i.e., the infamous attack on the opponent's perceived religion, age, and skin color! I'm a bit surprised that the poster didn't also accuse me of being a Man..... but he would have been 100% right about me being a "Man"!

Now that the poster is aware that irrelevant leftwing accusations don't work with me, he should either put up or shut up! Well, kid, are you feeling lucky????? ;)

OK, how's this:
JRPD and openmind can open a new thread (or I'll do it if you prefer). Select any subject both can agree on. The rest of us will simply read along, remaining silent. After a couple of days, we'll all vote on the winner, based on:
facts that support the writer's opinion,
credible sources cited,
lack of logical fallacies,
(go ahead, suggest other factors)
and whoever starts with the personal attacks loses automatically.

Are you up for that?

OK, how's this:
JRPD and openmind can open a new thread (or I'll do it if you prefer). Select any subject both can agree on. The rest of us will simply read along, remaining silent. After a couple of days, we'll all vote on the winner, based on:
credible sources cited,

Are you up for that?

cool idea.

Werbung:
OK, how's this:
credible sources cited,

Are you up for that?

Sounds like fun! It should be recognized, however, that it's the logical interpretation of credibly-sourced facts that most-accurately reflect the winning position. Facts in and of themselves are not answers. Understanding what the facts do and don't tell us about the "issue" in question is what's important! I'd suggest that the debate be conducted in the classical style, with one debater accepting a premise, and the other arguing the contrary. I'll play whichever role openminded is afraid to take..... unless, of course, it's the leftist-progressive position that he/she fears to take. ;)

Back