The average Fox News viewer has an IQ 20 points lower than the US average

Openmind

Having watched Fox News (reluctantly) at least once a week for over 4 years and having debated with Fox addicts in several forums . . I had a strong suspicion that this may be true.

But this is actually a scientific study ran by a CONSERVATIVE establishment!

Intelligence Institute Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average.
PRWeb – Tue, Dec 4, 2012
shows that the Americans who watch Fox News have an average IQ of 80, whereas the national average is 100. Researchers were not "shocked" by findings.

Birmingham, Alabama (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
The results of a 4 year study show that Americans who obtain their news from Fox News channel have an average IQ of 80, which represents a 20 point deficit when compared to the U.S. national average of 100. IQ, or intelligence quotient, is the international standard of assessing intelligence.
Researchers at The Intelligence Institute, a conservative non-profit group, tested 5,000 people using a series of tests that measure everything from cognitive aptitude to common sense and found that people who identified themselves as Fox News viewers and 'conservative' had, on average, significantly lower intelligent quotients. Fox Viewers represented 2,650 members of the test group.
One test involved showing subjects a series of images and measuring their vitals, namely pulse rate and blood pressure. The self-identified conservatives' vitals increased over 35% when shown complex or shocking images. The image that caused the most stress was a poorly edited picture of President Obama standing next to a "ghostly" image of a child holding a tarantula.
Test subjects who received their news from other outlets or reported they do not watch the news scored an average IQ of 104, compared to 80 for Fox News viewers.
Lead researcher, P. Nichols, explains, "Less intelligent animals rely on instinct when confronted by something which they do not understand. This is an ancient survival reaction all animals, including humans, exhibit. It's a very simple phenomenon, really; think about a dog being afraid of a vacuum cleaner. He doesn't know what a vacuum is or if it may harm him, so he becomes agitated and barks at it. Less intelligent humans do the same thing. Concepts that are too complex for them to understand, may frighten or anger them."
He continues, "Fox News' content is presented at an elementary school level and plays directly into the fears of the less educated and less intelligent."
The researchers said that an IQ of 80 is well above the score of 70, which is where psychiatrists diagnose mental retardation. P. Nichols says an IQ of 80 will not limit anyone's ability to lead happy, fulfilling lives.
The study did not conclude if Fox News contributed to lowering IQ or if it attracts less intelligent humans.
P. Nichols concludes that he wasn't shocked by the studies' results, rather how dramatic their range. "Several previous studies show that self-identified conservatives are less intelligent than self-identified moderates. We have never seen such a homogeneous group teetering so close to special needs levels."
More info to this study can be seen here
P. Nichols
The Intelligence Institute
numbers_button_skype_logo.png
202-656-1746

And we wonder why a country that selects such a station as their most SUCCESSFUL source of news is in trouble!
I guess, adults believing that "an elementary school level" news outlet is the best way to understand America and the political, social and economic problems we face is not optimal for taking this country to a better place!

Werbung:
I guess, adults believing that "an elementary school level" news outlet is the best way to understand America and the political, social and economic problems we face is not optimal for taking this country to a better place!
Rules for Radicals rule 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
For the sake of argument let's say it's true, your MSM group is smarter than the Fox group, that still wouldn't give you a right to violate the individual rights of others. Now if you want to have an actual conversation, like reasonable adults, you can explain why you oppose a society based on volitional consent and mutually beneficial exchange. That would be a conversation worth having.

I'm sorry but I just can't let such a preposterous comment about Fox viewers pass

There is no way they are only 20 points below the average

LOL.... I did an internet search and couldn't find the "Intellectual Institute" or a P. Nichols writing such a report. Are you sure this isn't an Onion article?

Being this was posted without a link to the original story, did they test those who watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and Comedy Central?

self described. regular Fox viewer open crowing about Fox viewers having lower IQs huh...
perhaps there is something to this.
I hear fringe lefties like her admitting they watch Fox 'to research' seeming oblivious to the fact that this counts toward their dominance in ratings.would it be any wonder that they drag IQ down while pumping ratings up ?

A search of "The Intelligence Institute" brought up several copies of this same story, but nothing else. Does this group even really exist? How did they test 5,000 people? Who paid for this "study"?

A search on Snopes did bring up a reference. Their conclusion: "Probably false." Several reasons are given here, but this site won't let me copy quotes. If you're interested, you can read all about it here.

One thing is for sure

You need to be retarded and or delusional to believe the stuff that spews out of Fox

At the election they actually counted how many times god was mentioned by each of the candidates to present the democrats negatively.

If that is not scraping the bottom of the journalistic barrel I don't know what is

The Left has a long history of trying to silence dissenting views. They long for the day when TV news spewed only liberal think, which was only a few years ago and had existed for decades.

I am willing to bet if they did a poll of libs, most would want Fox News shut down. So much for their believing in the freedom of the press.

Just another example, in a long list of examples, of the intolerance of the Left.

A search of "The Intelligence Institute" brought up several copies of this same story, but nothing else. Does this group even really exist? How did they test 5,000 people? Who paid for this "study"?

A search on Snopes did bring up a reference. Their conclusion: "Probably false." Several reasons are given here, but this site won't let me copy quotes. If you're interested, you can read all about it here.

good of you to look into this but it was fairly obvious.

One thing is for sure

You need to be retarded and or delusional to believe the stuff that spews out of Fox

At the election they actually counted how many times god was mentioned by each of the candidates to present the democrats negatively.

If that is not scraping the bottom of the journalistic barrel I don't know what is

I would think manufacturing purported government documents from many years ago on a modern word processing package is closer to the bottom of that barrel. standing by it when caught doing it even moreso.

I would think manufacturing purported government documents from many years ago on a modern word processing package is closer to the bottom of that barrel. standing by it when caught doing it even moreso.

Good one....but I suspect you are going to have to explain that post as it is most likely he/she/it has no clue of what you mean.

This story isn't surprising in the least bit . Conservatives always blindly accept the crap on Fox news ,no matgter how blatantly biased
and misleading .

Werbung:
The good thing is that despite the outrageous lies spouted by Fox news in an effort to attack the democrats Romney still got a sound thrashing

Shame that the retardlicans controlling the house would rather try to destroy the US than work with Obama but then as we all know the perps only want to look after the rich.

They even hate the buffoons who vote for them

The average Fox viewr. Thick, ignorant, parochial, nationalistic religious fundamentalist racists

Back