The Daily Show & The Colbert Report

Brandon

What is everyones thoughts on Jon Stewart's and Stephen Colbert's Shows on Comedy Central?

I personally like both shows. Although I find the audience rather biased and one-sided. Even when conservatives make broad comments that practically everyone would agree with, the audience is silent and you can hear the birds chirping it's so quiet.

Overall it is a rather funny show (well, so is The O'Reilly Factor).

Werbung:
Funny shows, but in a differant way then the O'Reilly Factor. I would personally rather watch the Daily Show/ Colbert Report any day, O'Reilly bothers me.

I enjoy both shows. I wonder if the media is getting the message these shows are trying to express. Obviously if we didnt have such a biased and abused media system these shows wouldnt be so highly viewed and thought to be funny. These shows speak volumes to me about the probelm we face with the media monsters we have created.

I enjoy the Daily Show, but I do think sarcasm and cynicism are becoming as much a trend of our society as anything.

I read somewhere that an amazing amount of people cite these shows as their major news source.

The funny thing is, these shows have so many viewers that people seem to be forgetting that.

I personally think Fox news is worse, mostly because it claims to be a 'real' news station.

I personally think Fox news is worse, mostly because it claims to be a 'real' news station.

I dont think Fox News is worse. Fox News is a news network not a parody show. While they both have their biases, one of them is actually reporting the news.

I guess that is the issue. Fox actually takes itself seriously.....

I dont think Fox News is worse. Fox News is a news network not a parody show. While they both have their biases, one of them is actually reporting the news.

Werbung:
I read somewhere that an amazing amount of people cite these shows as their major news source.

This should be explored more. Why, should be asked. I dont think for a moment the audiance these shows attract are dumb people. I think its more like realize they are given a BS view from all the media outlets and figure "F-IT" let me laugh at the state of this mess i see around me. Thats why i watch.

The funny thing is, these shows have so many viewers that people seem to be forgetting that.

Honestly i understand why. Jon Stewart isn't afraid to ask the politicians some serious questions hidden in sarcastic humor. I haven't seen any other news program even try to take on the BS we see in the news.

Maybe the politicians and news outlets should take a closer look at what the daily show audience is really watching. I think the statements about how crazy the whole political machine has become and this seems to be the only show on that genuinely holds a opinion which i agree with.

Back