The earth is flat!

Werbung:
Rapper BoB is getting what he wanted - publicity. Famous astrophysicist Neil Tyson is having fun with him by tweeting arguments against flat earth.

I actually discussed this issue in another forum and came to the same conclusion that Lagboltz came up with. Rapper BoB needs some publicity because it sells. I also argued that, deep down, it doesn't matter what the rapper really believes. The world, luckily, will keep spinning regardless of whether we're smart enough to realize it.

While I think it's obvious that this is just a way if getting a bit of of attention and publicity, what's worrying for me is that people are actually believing what's ges saying.

I don't know if these are just loyal fans of his that will believe every word he says, or they're just easily lead and naive people in the first place? Maybe both...

I was astounded when I first found out there were actually still flat earthers out there. It's just crazy. The human ability to deny obvious fact in the face of all sense never ceases to amaze me.

I was astounded when I first found out there were actually still flat earthers out there. It's just crazy. The human ability to deny obvious fact in the face of all sense never ceases to amaze me.

Just recently in the media there's been a some Muslim clerics that have also come out and said they will not be fooled by the wicked wears attempts to fool them, and they know the world is flat.

I genuinely don't understand how people are blind to the facts that are in front of them?

Just recently in the media there's been a some Muslim clerics that have also come out and said they will not be fooled by the wicked wears attempts to fool them, and they know the world is flat.

I genuinely don't understand how people are blind to the facts that are in front of them?
There seems to be a compulsion among many people to ignore or deny facts that they view as inconvenient or a threat to other beliefs they have. It is the same thing with global climate change. It's an inconvenient reality for these that make money of off polluting practices and inconvenient to politicians that rely on those people for campaign funding. People deny things that are true because it conflicts with their interpretation of a religion all the time.

It's called confirmation bias, and it's seen in politics, in people who don't accept scientific proof (anti vaxxers, young Earth creationists, global warming denialists, believers in Sasquatch, the list is endless) It must be encoded in the human genome in some way.

There seems to be a compulsion among many people to ignore or deny facts that they view as inconvenient or a threat to other beliefs they have. It is the same thing with global climate change. It's an inconvenient reality for these that make money of off polluting practices and inconvenient to politicians that rely on those people for campaign funding. People deny things that are true because it conflicts with their interpretation of a religion all the time.
image.jpg

If he could travel to space, he will discover in under 15 minutes that the earth is round.

But how many people could afford such a trip? So it looks like he has to live forever in his belief that the earth is flat, and a ship could fall off at the edge of the world as depicted in the following picture:

flat-earth-society1.jpeg

https://financesonline.com/space-tourism-how-much-should-you-save-for-a-space-trip/

https://news.yahoo.com/billionaire-branson-completes-historic-space-221959954.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/1018279093/jeff-bezos-blue-origin-space-flight

Werbung:
Back