The Falkland Islands

Interesting comment about Btitain and manufacturing I think you've possibly created a new oxymoron. At the time Britain was known as the "sick man of europe" but leave that aside for the moment. Thatcher had an opportunity to bring Britain into the 20th Century which she did - possibly the laws in unintended consequences played a strong hand in the aftermath but at least she got us out of the hands of the unions. Now you will of course remember the scurge of BL and the delightful Brenda of nalgo? Are you telling me we are not better off without their likes?

Werbung:
Oh dear

As I said, growth under Thatcher was no better than in the 70s when this was happening but the 70s was a much happier and cohesive decade.

And as for your comments about the unions..

The labour party and trade unions were forced into existence by the appaling way the Toires were treating the working man.

They came into existence to fight for workers rights and for a tiny period of time went a little too far and for that people like you think that it was just that they were 'smashed' that villages in wales and yorkshire were turned into ghettos.

I dion't notice anyone recommending smashing the tories for the crap they have dealt out to the poor.

Unless you are a member of the aristocracy you are a traitor to your ancestrors some of whom would have had to fight and die for the rights you now enjoy and which the tories tried to stop you getting.
Free education, free healthcare, equal rights, the minimum wage etc were ALL won by the labour governments and the tories voted against them.

You should be ashamed of yourself

But then you don't mind people blowing themselves to pieces so what chance is there that you might feel some compassion for your mere fellow countrymen

Look you sad litlle acorn

Why don't you google it and find substantive errors in what I have said and expose what I have written?

The only one you might find differences on is the interest rates. Some quote 15% instead of 18% but as both crippled people it hardly matters.

Now, go on, knock yourself out.

I won't hold my breath

Werbung:
...had to fight and die for the rights you now enjoy...
Free education, free healthcare, equal rights, the minimum wage etc

There is no right to the labor of another individual. If you are provided a good or service by government it is not a right, it is a violation of the rights of those who are forced to provide you with the good or service.

Back