The feds continue to give money away.

PLC1

Staff member
In the middle of the financial meltdown, and debate about "bailing out" big banks to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, Congress is also working on passing an "omnibus" spending bill containing billions in earmarks.

New Billions in Earmarks Approach Enactment

WASHINGTON — As Congress tried to cobble together a plan to spend huge sums on a financial bailout, lawmakers also moved Thursday toward final approval of an omnibus spending bill with more than 2,300 pet projects, including a $2 million study of animal hibernation.

I just thought you might like to know. Your tax dollars are at work, along with borrowed money from the Social Security fund, from China, and from anyone else who can be turned to for additional borrowed money.

Since the projected deficit, before the bailout and not counting any extra money approved for the war or for natural disasters, approaches half a trillion, I thought you might like to know just how all of that borrowed money is being spent.

Werbung:
In the middle of the financial meltdown, and debate about "bailing out" big banks to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, Congress is also working on passing an "omnibus" spending bill containing billions in earmarks.

New Billions in Earmarks Approach Enactment

I just thought you might like to know. Your tax dollars are at work, along with borrowed money from the Social Security fund, from China, and from anyone else who can be turned to for additional borrowed money.

Since the projected deficit, before the bailout and not counting any extra money approved for the war or for natural disasters, approaches half a trillion, I thought you might like to know just how all of that borrowed money is being spent.

Most earmarks that are put in bills are really not all that bad.

Also notice that Chinese banks have stopped loaning us money. And in London, the currency trading exchange did not trade any dollars.

Most earmarks that are put in bills are really not all that bad.

Also notice that Chinese banks have stopped loaning us money. And in London, the currency trading exchange did not trade any dollars.

I am glad China is not loaning money, we should not be borrowing it anyways. but its a bit scary about London not trading dollars.

Werbung:
If that wakes people up that we can't keep borrowing money, I'm for it. Let the government shut down, have the social security checks stop printing, and have Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac close their doors.

Unfortunately, that's what it's going to take for people to figure out they need to vote these tax and spenders out. Maybe they'll figure out we can't afford a government take over of health care too.

Back