The HOP Official Inauguration Thread

we should be good, wave the flag and just do what ever the leader says...

That's exactly what you'll be doing for Obama... Following a doctrine of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"... at least where Democrats are concerned.

If the people that voted politicians into power were just as skeptical, fearful, and watchful of them as they are of the politicians they didn't vote for, we'd be much better off as a nation.

Werbung:
That's exactly what you'll be doing for Obama... Following a doctrine of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"... at least where Democrats are concerned.

If the people that voted politicians into power were just as skeptical, fearful, and watchful of them as they are of the politicians they didn't vote for, we'd be much better off as a nation.

I certainly agree. I know speaking for myself, I often times lose support of politicians, especially those elected to high executive positions by the time re-election comes around.
GWB is an example of this. I voted for him in 2000 and despised him 4 years later. While I didnt vote for Palin, I supported her until early last summer. Now there is no way I will be voting for her in 2010. And no this doesnt have much to do with her running against Obama. Mostly policies concerning Alaskan issues.

Obama took the oaf again last night, though he would not let it be video taped he did let them snap a photo and record the words on tape. It went smooth this time but I noticed it was different than I remembered, or maybe its not the same oath as senators take?

These words were left out but I thought they were always said

"Against all enemies foreign and domestic"

Is that normal?

Hey Bunz, on another thread yoou described yourself as a liberal and yet there you are supporting Bush and Palin.

Busted

Hey Bunz, on another thread yoou described yourself as a liberal and yet there you are supporting Bush and Palin.

Busted

The problem is Dawkins that you might be out of touch with American politics and their meaning... Liberal does not consitute Democrat... nor does being a conservative consitute being a Republican. They are definitions of view-points only and/or the polarized lens someone views the world with.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/liberal
While typically associated with the left... it also is a view-point that can be given regardless of what side your on.

Werbung:
*cough* if someone wanted to .. you could actaully describe someone wanting smaller government as a liberal now since it would be "CHANGING " the currently huge government we have now ...as well as putting more freedom is the publics hands... while simulataously saying conservatives are those who want to keep the government the way it is now ...

The basic definition of conservative is those who dislike change or reform.

Back