The HOP Official Inauguration Thread

I liked the new president's speech because it appealed to world nations as well as our own people. I liked it because it was about reality instead of lofty ideals. I liked it because it was the verbal spanking we've needed for awhile now.

I liked the helicopter with Bush leaving and the crowd singing "nah nah nah...bye bye!" I liked Cheney leaving in a wheelchair...though it would be more appropriate for him to have left in leg irons.

Do dreams really come true?

Werbung:
An idea. Why not shut the f-- up and let the man get on with the business of running this godforesaken nightmare and turning the Titanic around?
It's lookin' like you can take Porky Limbaugh off your list.

:rolleyes:

"The premise is, what is your "hope." My hope, and please understand me when I say this. I disagree fervently with the people on our side of the aisle who have caved and who say, "Well, I hope he succeeds. We've got to give him a chance." Why? They didn't give Bush a chance in 2000. Before he was inaugurated the search-and-destroy mission had begun. I'm not talking about search-and-destroy, but I've been listening to Barack Obama for a year-and-a-half. I know what his politics are. I know what his plans are, as he has stated them. I don't want them to succeed."

I hope Kennedy can hang in there. Often when people are terminally ill they'll hang on for a significant event like this and then just immediately afterwards will die.

In any event, it may be a symbol that the guardians of our country, the Kennedys, as imperfect as they are, are now passing the torch over to Obama's administration and the people in it to carry on the work they started.

I hope Kennedy can hang in there. Often when people are terminally ill they'll hang on for a significant event like this and then just immediately afterwards will die.

In any event, it may be a symbol that the guardians of our country, the Kennedys, as imperfect as they are, are now passing the torch over to Obama's administration and the people in it to carry on the work they started.

Yes I know what you mean, my thoughts are with Senators Kennedy and Byrd

This is a wonderful day for all of America. Today shows the gleaming truth to the whole world that in America we peacefully transfer power.

When I look (and I'm watching it right now) all those millions of Americans smiling and cheering and waving American flags at our new President it almost brings a little tear to my eye realizing that America can just be happy!

I also got a little choked up when Aretha Franklin sang today. And every time they pan to the Obama kids it's just something special. It's just a good day.

Today I wish the best for everybody... friends and competitors alike... we're all just Americans today.

This is a wonderful day for all of America. Today shows the gleaming truth to the whole world that in America we peacefully transfer power.

When I look (and I'm watching it right now) all those millions of Americans smiling and cheering and waving American flags at our new President it almost brings a little tear to my eye realizing that America can just be happy!

I also got a little choked up when Aretha Franklin sang today. And every time they pan to the Obama kids it's just something special. It's just a good day.

Today I wish the best for everybody... friends and competitors alike... we're all just Americans today.

Well I can agree with you that its a wonderful day because we are a great country that does a transfer of power peacefully even when its to someone that a little under half of us hate thier freakin guts as it was today and as it was in 2001. That part I can agree with you.

I also agree about Aretha Franklin and anything patriotic. Its actually nice to see libs and dems showing patriotism. That did make me smile :)

The two prayers that were given today were interesting. All the anti Jesus people must be messing their pants because not only did Rick Warren (who I don’t care for much) invoke the name of Jesus, he did it in at least 4 languages. I thought that was great that he stood his ground for his beliefs.

But the other prayer by I don’t know who he was, offended me greatly and I am sure others. As the liberals usually do he separated everyone by their race but he used words I have not heard in a very long time and thought were gone.

I have not been called a red person in ages and the part of me that is Spanish (so always tagged as Mexican) has not been called brown in almost as long as I have not been called a red. I know of no one who would openly call an Asian American yellow except for this pastor that obama picked to give a couple of curses on us. And the part where he said he wanted the whites to start embracing what is right? Did he not get the memo at least 30 million drooling whites voted for the oaf! Other than those very offending things, the rest of his prayer was good.

Well I can agree with you that its a wonderful day because we are a great country that does a transfer of power peacefully even when its to someone that a little under half of us hate thier freakin guts as it was today and as it was in 2001. That part I can agree with you.

I also agree about Aretha Franklin and anything patriotic. Its actually nice to see libs and dems showing patriotism. That did make me smile :)

yes because we know libs hate America....again on behalf of the left, I am sorry that we care enough to want to change the nation for the better. we should be good, wave the flag and just do what ever the leader says...provided the leader is a Republican right?

and no actually not even close to half the nation hates Obama, actually your a very small amount. You must be looking at Bush's and Dicks Last polling numbers...not Obama.

yes because we know libs hate America....again on behalf of the left, I am sorry that we care enough to want to change the nation for the better. we should be good, wave the flag and just do what ever the leader says...provided the leader is a Republican right?

and no actually not even close to half the nation hates Obama, actually your a very small amount. You must be looking at Bush's and Dicks Last polling numbers...not Obama.

I am talking about the 47 mil who voted against him. I am not saying the man is not loved, he is loved by more an in a way that I could never understand.

BTW waving flags does not help anymore than burning them do

I was wondering

when he took the oaf of office and flubbed up the lines, was that the SCJ fault or obamas?

Despite my satirical rant in another thread, it was obviously Chief Justice Roberts flub. You can tell President Obama knew it was wrong right away, but they recovered fairly well.

I am talking about the 47 mil who voted against him. I am not saying the man is not loved, he is loved by more an in a way that I could never understand.

BTW waving flags does not help anymore than burning them do

So why do you think there was such a flap about the flag pin issue?

So why do you think there was such a flap about the flag pin issue?

The only reason there was a big deal about the flag pin was because of what obama said about it when asked.

It was a reporter who should have asked him real questions but instead after noticing he was the only guy in the room without a flag pin
She said I noticed you’re not wearing a flag pin, is there a reason. It was his reply that started the whole thing.

He said he wont wear that pin on his chest. He said would find other ways to show his patriotism.

First …..The way he said “that pin on my chest” really was kind of strange, he may not have meant it the way some took it but it sounded like it was something he didn't like.

Then the second part about deciding in advance, a thought out effort about not wearing one. It was just strange.

The tapes of his pastor bashing America and saying black men should not solute the flag coming out in the public at the same time did not help the situation.

Personally I don’t think he meant what he said when first asked about the flag pin. I think he wanted to come up with an interesting answer for the reporter that seemed well thought out and it backfired. He probably didn’t have a flag pin anymore or left it at home but wanted a more interesting answer.

It did for sure backfire because he said he would show his patriotism in his ideas but eventually started wearing it all the time again the closer we got to the general election. Leading some to laugh at the idea that he must have ran out of ideas.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/story?id=3690000

Werbung:
Despite my satirical rant in another thread, it was obviously Chief Justice Roberts flub. You can tell President Obama knew it was wrong right away, but they recovered fairly well.

Yeah I saw your other thread. I thought it was funny. Sometimes you get on others for making useless threads and complain of pettiness, almost always when its something you disagree with. Often you close them and once deleted the whole dang thing. I hope your not a cop in your RL that could prove dangerous.

Back