The Insannnity of American Politics

If everyone did things in an honest ethical manor there would be no reason for rules and regulations.

You would think, but unfortunately those rules and regulations are also used against honest and ethical businesses by dishonest government employees.

What's happened to Katherine Engelbrecht and Gibson Guitars comes to mind.

Werbung:
It's a sad state that our political system is in. I have been refraining to bring political parties into comments; but it appears that I am in a minority that avoids extremes. I was thinking of flipping a coin to make the decision on who to vote for two elections ago. Sarah Palin was not a wise choice to win. That may have been the thinking at the GOP knowing that who ever won was going to be crucified and were smart enough to take a pass. I will vote for almost anyone that is running against Hilary Clinton in a few years. The problem with our political system is that extremism has taken over the two major parties with both convinced what they want to do is 100% correct and anyone disagreeing with them is 100% wrong. I will name it the Taliban Complex as the attitudes are much the same.

I never saw any good reason for OSHA.

I called them once with a complain and they didn't do crap. I worked next door to an auto repair/paint shop and the fumes from there got into my office and made me sick.

Then what's the purpose for OSHA, if not for the health and safety of wokers?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here Cru and say OSHA would be for more of the internal matter, another words for the workers within the paint and body company.

I think dog is right in saying that an external complaint, such surrounding businesses would be a matter for the EPA.

Either way, OSHA should not have ignored your complaint.

But, then again, when has a government regulating agency ever did anything that helped anyone other than themselves and their own agenda?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here Cru and say OSHA would be for more of the internal matter, another words for the workers within the paint and body company.

The fumes gave me horrific headaches, so much so, I had to leave work on several occasions. Can't imagine what they did to the workers.

Then what's the purpose for OSHA, if not for the health and safety of wokers?
the workers in the business next door are who OSHA is concerned about. Those guys may be just fine as the noxious stuff is effectively being eliminated. But its just been sent into the envirinment where its found its way to you. Different laws, different regulation, different enforcement.

I think dog is right in saying that an external complaint, such surrounding businesses would be a matter for the EPA.

Either way, OSHA should not have ignored your complaint.

But, then again, when has a government regulating agency ever did anything that helped anyone other than themselves and their own agenda?
one would have hoped that OSHA would have explained why they didnt care as opposed to doing nothing much less referring her to EPA. But this is the government we're talking about here.

Werbung:
If you read back you will see I have mentioned on a couple of occasions that government employees should be held responsible for performing the tasks assigned. In several cases I have seen inspectors should have been fired on the spot.
Have you ever heard the phrase "Government Job" It is common practice for politicians to use influence to get friends and people who have worked for them into Civil Service. It's a job with basically the best sick leave, vacation and retirement going, and today many positions pay higher wages than the private sector and it can take an act of congress to get things approved.
Not knowing the year and location of the paint shop I can't say much. Two issues must be looked at, one being that rules and regulations, most posting, don't like. So enforcement appears to be bad. A complaint was filed and action not taken. The other part of the issue is the lack of efficient management. A system may be used which grades a possible infraction and sends it down a pipe line to someone to check on. Now was the problem resolved and how soon after you contacted OSHA was it resolved. It can take weeks or even several months for an inefficient system to take action.
Like business a 20% cut can have a major effect, seldom does it effect management levels.

Back