The last five of the ten commandments

Werbung:
I have no doubt that they do:). I have heard it said that all the OT is repeated in the laws of Christ. Clearly hyperboly but interesting to the extent that it is true.

lot of truth in that.

Jesus Christ and the gang said:
Mt 22:36 “[Jesus], which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him, ’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.”

does this not put the ten commandment inconcise form ?
Christ did not think of himself as Christian, he was a jew and nothing in his teaching violated the law of Moses.

The holy spirit speaks to you?

You mean you hear voices in your head?

Ask your imaginary friend why the creator of the universe doesn't understand the basics of heliocentricity.

When I use the word leftist I am not talking about all Liberals...first let me say..It is no mystery at all, really why it seems leftists are against ANYTHING that is established in the society they inhabit.As I see it, they are always against the status quo, whatever that might be -- and America is a very religious country. To Leftists religion is a big, complacent target that they itch to tear down -- just as the Soviet Communists once did.the way I se it, Modern Leftism is just an attempt to achieve goals by stealth and attacking religion is an integral part of that. Leftists cannot stand any creed but their own -- with their own superior wisdom being the core of that creed.

"I use to be many years ago what you would call a classic liberal..(like JFK) I began voting for Republican presidential candidates, and thinking of myself as Republican, only after it became abundantly clear that people with my views on abortion, prayer in school and other moral issues were no longer considered welcome in the Democratic Party. A whole lot of us crossed over, taking our whiteness and our Christian beliefs into the party of what you leftist like to call the country-club set. We didn't feel so much that we had abandoned the Democratic Party as it had abandoned us. Borrowing the spirit of the "No Irish Need Apply" mentality of my grandparents' time, the Democrats posted a "no pro-lifers need apply" sign on their party doors....

So if the Republican Party has become the "white, Christian party," as leftist charge, it's partly so because the Democratic Party has made white Christians feel so uncomfortable in its ranks. The Democrats have bent over backwards to please minority groups - blacks, gays, angry feminists and atheists (no offense Gen) at the expense of us old white guys, who grew up not feeling guilty about being white or Christian..I love my what I believe.. and I hold on to it with all I have!​

Funny how god doesn't know that the earth goes round the sun. Perhaps he forgot

But then he does trizophrenic

Christians, how do you know if it is god the father, god the son or god the holy ghost that is talking to you? Do they sound different?

Personally I talk to the devil

Although weirdly the devil never responds

Probably busy with god arguing over who gets who in eternity

Well devil, pick me, pick me

If I had to spend an hour with those Christians I'd willingly hop into the fires of hell that god the bastard so lovingly created

Unless Harry Potter can save me

Or Merlin

Funny how god doesn't know that the earth goes round the sun. Perhaps he forgot

But then he does trizophrenic

Christians, how do you know if it is god the father, god the son or god the holy ghost that is talking to you? Do they sound different?

Personally I talk to the devil

Although weirdly the devil never responds

Probably busy with god arguing over who gets who in eternity

Well devil, pick me, pick me

If I had to spend an hour with those Christians I'd willingly hop into the fires of hell that god the bastard so lovingly created

Unless Harry Potter can save me

Or Merlin

If you would choose hell then you cannot blame anyone if the system is set up so that you get what you want. Those who love God get what they want too - sounds like a perfect system.

You can't choose anything if your version is true

Everything happens according to a preordained plan allegedly

That is why praying and preaching are not only ridiculous but illogical

Quite nice of god to make a universe with a devil in it when he didn't have to

God is clearly a satanist so if satan is good enough for god he's good enough to me

Boom, the atheist destroys Christianity yet again.

Luckily for Christians god gave them brains from the reject pile so they would carry on believing regardless

You can't choose anything if your version is true

Everything happens according to a preordained plan allegedly

That is why praying and preaching are not only ridiculous but illogical

Quite nice of god to make a universe with a devil in it when he didn't have to

God is clearly a satanist so if satan is good enough for god he's good enough to me

Boom, the atheist destroys Christianity yet again.

Luckily for Christians god gave them brains from the reject pile so they would carry on believing regardless

its a.misconception on your part thst there is a preordained plan. just because God can know what any of us will freely chose to do and makes it serve a purpose is not the same as him causing the actions in the first place.

its a.misconception on your part thst there is a preordained plan. just because God can know what any of us will freely chose to do and makes it serve a purpose is not the same as him causing the actions in the first place.

I believe there are things that are pre-ordained. However I don't see that things must be either pre-ordained OR the result of choice rather, things can be both pre-ordained and a result 0f our choices. Like two rails on a railroad track the exist in unison. Absolutely God chooses who will be saved. At the exact same time and with no contradiction each person makes his own choice about what he will believe.

I believe there are things that are pre-ordained. However I don't see that things must be either pre-ordained OR the result of choice rather, things can be both pre-ordained and a result 0f our choices. Like two rails on a railroad track the exist in unison. Absolutely God chooses who will be saved. At the exact same time and with no contradiction each person makes his own choice about what he will believe.

I see it as ripples on a pond that cross and intersect seemingly at random but each of us makes choices to cause those ripples but God uses grace to make meaning of all those intersections.

Sorry chum but it does

The only way you can know the future is if the future is fixed

But if you are saying god hasn't got a plan for the world and doesn't know the future then I'm right with you

I'm not altogether sure you are though

But thanks for providing a great example of how it is not possible that the god of the bible can exist

Keep going on this line dog and you will soon be joining the atheists

Werbung:
Sorry chum but it does

The only way you can know the future is if the future is fixed

But if you are saying god hasn't got a plan for the world and doesn't know the future then I'm right with you

I'm not altogether sure you are though

But thanks for providing a great example of how it is not possible that the god of the bible can exist

Keep going on this line dog and you will soon be joining the atheists

your assumption is that God is fixed in time and space as people are. God is not just a very clever person and so is not bound to the physical world.

Back