The New US Plan For Iraq

As no one has even mentioned civil war, afraid I dont know what you are ranting about now or what it is that "happens in CIVIL WARS". MARK

Original post:

The New US Plan For Iraq

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that arming the Sunni insurgents to fight al-Qaeda is part of the new plan in Iraq. Maliki is sweating.

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki warned that US troops sometimes create new militias by arming Iraqi tribes, urging that such decisions be left to his government, in comments published Saturday.

"Some field commanders make mistakes ... by arming tribes sometimes, and this is dangerous because this will create new militias," Maliki said in an interview put out on Newsweek magazine's website.

"I believe that the coalition forces do not know the backgrounds of the tribes. It is a job of the (Iraqi) government," he added.

The premier said his administration seeks "to arm some tribes that want to side with us, but on the condition that we should be well aware of the tribe's background and sure that it is not connected with terror."

My observation to that original post:

Hello... It's a CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what happens in CIVIL WARS... especially if you deny there even is one.

Does the connection now seem clearer as you see both statements together?

Werbung:
Boy oh Boy, You people do not believe in facts do you?
In Iraq its a Holy War. How many of you know right off
the bat (without) looking up what is a Holy War?

The Republicians is calling the wars in the Middle East
civil wars, and others who believe in the Holy Quran
is calling it a Holy war.

Holy Wars (means) A war waged by religious partisans to
propagate or defend their faith.

A Civil War (means) A war between opposing groups of
citizens of the SAME country.

However the Middle Eastern conflicts was holy wars until
it became a oil control issue (Thanks to the Western world),
and now its a comination of both Wars.

The New US plan for Iraq? Damn when will the American
government ever sit their asses down to discuss peace?
The more and more I read about this bs that the American
government is pulling makes me want to throw up.

The world won't be at peace until every country gets in
a World War situation, and this will be the last war that
we will know about. Because of the powerful weapons
and bombs that will be used.

Its sad to say but I do not believe that homeland security
is all that tight, and IF we was ever hit by terrorist it would
be in a unexpected way. You think that the Power Blackout
that damaged all the northern and some of the midwest was
a incident? Well you better look at the situation again, and
to me it was a test. By whom I do not know, and I am on
my self alert.

If we can't trust the United States government who can we
trust, and we are suppose to be the government?

Original post:

Hello... It's a CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what happens in CIVIL WARS... especially if you deny there even is one.[/COLOR]

Does the connection now seem clearer as you see both statements together?

"field commanders make mistakes" and militias are created in all kinds of wars, civil or international. MARK

It seems that arming the Sunni insurgents to fight al-Qaeda is part of the new plan in Iraq. Maliki is sweating.

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki warned that US troops sometimes create new militias by arming Iraqi tribes, urging that such decisions be left to his government, in comments published Saturday.

"Some field commanders make mistakes ... by arming tribes sometimes, and this is dangerous because this will create new militias," Maliki said in an interview put out on Newsweek magazine's website.

"I believe that the coalition forces do not know the backgrounds of the tribes. It is a job of the (Iraqi) government," he added.

The premier said his administration seeks "to arm some tribes that want to side with us, but on the condition that we should be well aware of the tribe's background and sure that it is not connected with terror."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2007061...70617010709;_ylt=Au2jiIM0cJdTAHUKP5gVdVxX6GMA

not new....

"field commanders make mistakes" and militias are created in all kinds of wars, civil or international. MARK

We have no disagreement on that. However I would go much further and say a total lack of understanding of the dynamics of the region that led us to this point came from the administration and our field commanders are now just living that out first hand.

I'm glad that like the Pentagon we are now at least recognizing that Civil War and not just a war against the West does exist in Iraq. It's a start.

Soooo what is IT that "happens in civil wars". MARK

We have no disagreement on that. However I would go much further and say a total lack of understanding of the dynamics of the region that led us to this point came from the administration and our field commanders are now just living that out first hand.

I'm glad that like the Pentagon we are now at least recognizing that Civil War and not just a war against the West does exist in Iraq. It's a start.

I realize it jhas been stated in the past, but the tribal mentality and the lack of knowledge of the thinking has led to the present civil war and if you do not like that term, then holy war.

I realize it jhas been stated in the past, but the tribal mentality and the lack of knowledge of the thinking has led to the present civil war and if you do not like that term, then holy war.

I believe that Al qaeda is responsible for bringing about the present level of sectarian conflict, civil war, holy war or whatever it is you want to call it.
MARK

I believe that Al qaeda is responsible for bringing about the present level of sectarian conflict.

There's nothing to "believe". That is undeniable fact. There wasn't nearly as much sectarian violence until Zarqawi's bombing of the Samarra Mosque back in Feb of '06.

Soooo what is IT that "happens in civil wars". MARK

In Civil Wars you have a previously sovereign country that splits along some definable line. In this case Shiite and Sunni. They battle each other for overall control of said country.

This is not to say that is the only war going on in Iraq... far from it. You also have people from many different internal and external groups that fight against the US being in the Middle East or based on any Muslim soil.

None of that extra action makes the Civil War going on not a Civil War and it certainly doesn't make our position being there stronger. In fact it makes it much worse.

There is no definable Sunni/Shiite political divide fighting over the country. What you've got is the fabric of Iraqi society splintering along tribal lines. And why shouldn't it? The Iraqi people have not had self rule since 900 BC! Since Babylon fell!! Since then it's been one empire after another. The tribes are now the only indeginous politcal force left in the country. One of them will emerge dominant enough to pacify the country, but it won't happen without excessive blood-shed.

In Civil Wars you have a previously sovereign country that splits along some definable line. In this case Shiite and Sunni. They battle each other for overall control of said country.

This is not to say that is the only war going on in Iraq... far from it. You also have people from many different internal and external groups that fight against the US being in the Middle East or based on any Muslim soil.

None of that extra action makes the Civil War going on not a Civil War and it certainly doesn't make our position being there stronger. In fact it makes it much worse.

Werbung:
There is no "new" U.S. plan for Iraq.

The U.S. plan all along for Iraq was to invade and occupy as long as necessary to secure our continued receipt of their special light, sweet crude oil, thereby preventing Saddam (or his successors!) from diverting it to China as Iraq threatened in the fall of 2002 to do as soon as the sanctions against Iraq choosing new trading partners came to an end, and those sanctions were about to come to an end ... when we "suddenly" invaded.

That is the original and only U.S. plan for Iraq.

Back