"Trickle down"?

It is stupid to think that if business has more money to expand and hire more people it won't help Americans have jobs.

One would have to be a true Uber Moron to think taking money from business, thus preventing business to grow could ever help Americans.

give a rich man 500 bucks he will not care or do anything with it
give a poor man 500 he will spend it and use it

Trickle up economics baby..dont piss on the poor and tell them its raining gold.

Werbung:

Trickle up economics baby..dont piss on the poor and tell them its raining gold.

Let the poor man kill the rich man for his money. I am so sick of hearing people complain someone else has more than them and its just not fair exc exc exc.

so just let the poor guy kill the rich guy and be done with it. why bleed him in portions when you can just gut him and get it over with.

the problem is the poor guy would kill the rich guy and because he is a fool he would be poor again in a short period of time and again complaining, and some other guy who knew how to make money work would be rich. Then I guess the poor guy could just kill him too.

The poor guy will probably always be poor because he doesnt know how to make his money work for him, but that is not the rich guys fault!

Give a rich man a million dollars and he will invest heavily or even start a business.

Give a poor man 500 bucks and he will buy groceries at Wal-Mart... big economic boost that is...

Give a rich man a million dollars and he will invest heavily or even start a business.

Give a poor man 500 bucks and he will buy groceries at Wal-Mart... big economic boost that is...

Right.

But more important than the stimulus value of where money is given is the simple idea that it should be taken from people equally and if returned then returned at the same rate that it was first taken.

And even more important than that is that it should not be taken unless absolutely necessary for the continuation of these United States. When taken for necessary reasons it is justified stealing, also known as taxation. When taken for frivelous reasons it is just stealing, also known as taxes supported by liberals.

When taken for necessary reasons it is justified stealing, also known as taxation. When taken for frivelous reasons it is just stealing, also known as taxes supported by liberals.
That is how liberals view the billions being used for a frivolous war; stealing that is supported by the conservatives.

There is a social contract between rich and poor and it goes like this.

If the rich don't share some of their wealth with the poor, sooner or later the poor will rise up and take the lot.

Remember, most rich people got their money through crime.

There is a social contract between rich and poor and it goes like this.

If the rich don't share some of their wealth with the poor, sooner or later the poor will rise up and take the lot.

And there is a constitution that says that anyone who wants to steal from others gets thrown in jail.
Remember, most rich people got their money through crime.
So if you have any proof at all to support this then by all means let's throw them in jail for stealing before we need to throw the poor in jail for taking what is not theirs.

Yes, after 8 years of Bush, there are so many more middle class moving into the upper class...Now I know where they are disappearing to!

From a site that is supporting Kerry's statement that the middle class is shrinking:

In the last 8 years the middle class (earning between 25K and 75K) has shrunk 1.2% now making up 45% of the population.

I would liken that to saying that a guy driving from New York to California at 1.2 MPH is making good time.

The economy is not doing as well as we would like. It is only growing at about 4%. Which just so happens, is average. It is not a recession and it is not a boom. Sounds mostly like normal business cycles. Throw in some instability due to the worlds dwindling oil supplies, the wars, and over regulation in the banking industry and you have what we have.

http://www.factcheck.org/update_on_kerrys_shrinking_middle_class_-.html

In CHINA! That is the point. They are investing in C-H-I-N-A!!!

So what...

When money is invested in China the person who receives the money has only a few options..

1) Take the money out of circulation. Who cares, because that just leaves the money in circulation for valuable.

2) Exchange the money. If the person is holding US dollars and wants to then exchange the money, the person who exchanges is this presented with the same options.

3) Spend the money where the US dollar is accepted. The number one spot for this, is of course, the United States. So, all the money that is being invested in China simply comes back to the US in the form of investment in the United States, ie buying US goods etc...

I cannot possibly see why you believe investment in the United States is a bad thing...

Ronald Reagan often stated that if the rich had tax breaks they would be able to increase business and and investment that would enable them to allow the money to "trickle down" to the working classes in the nature of increased employment and higher wages.

Although the term is not used much anymore, it is still the basis for the Republican Conservative philosophy of enriching the already rich. However, after eight years of a Republican Conservative administration, the data I have seen indicates that the top 2% or so of (the wealthy) have increased their income in during the Bush Administration, whereas the upper middle class has remained stagnant as to income and all others, including all the working class (not on welfare or unemployed), have lost net income.

Therefore, the term "trickle down" should be replaced in the Republican Conservative lexicon with the term "flow across". The money in the form of tax breaks for the wealth obviously has not benefited the working people and/or the economy. It never exits the upper income bracket; the rich have gotten richer, the working class and poor have gotten poorer. The rich invest in third world counties where they only have to contend with subsistence wages for the workers and channel the income from their foreign investments into off-shore accounts(Re: Dick DeVoss, former contender for Republican Governor of Michigan)where income tax is not paid.

Stand upright and recite the "Pledge of Allegiance", Conservative Republicans, you have done America proud.

I think that's the best break down of "Trickle Down" or "Supply Side" economics I've seen posted dahermit.

The other thing that has been running rampant is instead of reinvesting as was the presumed purpose often the larger corps. have been using those profits to just buy back their own stock hence making themselves even richer.

I don't want to see businesses over taxed to the point they can't make a good profit. But I also see no reason for large tax breaks (basically Corporate Welfare) for companies able to make a good profit without them.

A perfect example is Big Oil. They've posted record profits (for any business ever) for so long now no one can probably even remember when they didn't. But they're still getting huge subsidies and tax breaks. And in most cases don't really pay the premium they should when they drill on public lands.

Everyone wants good roads & bridges (infrastructure) and a strong military and they should want a shored up Social Security & Medicare system, affordable heath care and such. These things cost money.

I understand people not wanting to pay taxes but at the same time I think most people like a general decent standard of things in this country. There's no doubt we could pay less taxes if we had dirt roads a military half it's current size and homeless elderly living in shanty slums like before S.S. but that's just not America to me.

I think if we really look at things we see that if not for government over the years there would be less and less of a middle class. You'd be rich or poor. It's didn't kill business the way the tax code was set up under President Clinton. The country prospered just fine... and we even built up a surplus.

Had we used that wisely we could have shored up Social Security and then started looking at tax cuts. I think you first have to pay the bills you know are coming in before you cut your income.

Throw in some instability due to the worlds dwindling oil supplies, the wars, and over regulation in the banking industry and you have what we have.
Also, instability due to unregulated oil speculation, the WARS!!!! 3 billion a week! NO kidding? Over regulation of the banking industry??!! Can you say: Predatory lending? Predatory lending would not have been possible if the banking industry was, "over regulated".

You are correct about not being a recession; the wealthy are not effected at all, it is only the middle and lower class people who are in financial trouble. Therefore, you can say that there is no recession.

So what...

When money is invested in China the person who receives the money has only a few options..

1) Take the money out of circulation. Who cares, because that just leaves the money in circulation for valuable.

2) Exchange the money. If the person is holding US dollars and wants to then exchange the money, the person who exchanges is this presented with the same options.

3) Spend the money where the US dollar is accepted. The number one spot for this, is of course, the United States. So, all the money that is being invested in China simply comes back to the US in the form of investment in the United States, ie buying US goods etc...

I cannot possibly see why you believe investment in the United States is a bad thing...
Thank you for the economics lesson. Have you ever read: Polly Anna?

The poor

As Jesus sat talking with his followers, a wealthy Conservative Republican came unto him saying: "Lord, what must I do to be saved and enter the kingdom of God?"

Jesus answered: "You must give away all your money and earthly possessions to the poor and follow me."

Shocked, the Conservative Republican said: "But lord, I have worked hard for my stocks, Beamer, nice threads, why should I give all this away to some welfare mother and kids and the poor who are too lazy to work?"

Jesus said unto him: "What profit a man if he gain the whole world but lose his own soul?"

The Republican went away sad (He could not bring himself to give away his wealth and follow Jesus; he would rather lose his own soul and keep his swimming pool and Blackberry.)

After the man had left, Jesus said: "It would be easier for a Camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter the kingdom of God."

However, hearing what Jesus said, his followers said unto him: "Lord if that be true how can any of us enter the kingdom of God?"

To that Jesus answered: "All things are possible in God."

Hearing this only confused his followers. They pressed Jesus: "Lord which is it? Why would you give a clear instruction of what a person must do to be saved and then say that "...all things are possible in God"?"

And Jesus answered: "I just wanted to see how many of you in your greed would choose to ignore the clear instructions I gave and choose that "all things are possible in God..." option. It keeps those who's lives are centered around acquiring earthly goods from entering the kingdom of God.

Just a "little" license with the written word.;)

Werbung:
Thank you for the economics lesson. Have you ever read: Polly Anna?

I assume you are talking about the book where the girl goes to the miserable town and makes everyone happy through her constant optimism... which I assume you are trying to relate to my economics post.

Sorry if I prefer to deal in real economics as opposed to children stories. :rolleyes:

If you have some other alternative for what can be done with the money, I am all ears. But if a trade deficit matters, why are you not concerned about the trade deficit between New York and Texas? Why are you not concerned about the trade deficit between you and me?

Back