Trump Calls on Biden to “Resign in Disgrace” Over Afghanistan

reedak

1. In a stunning rout, the Taliban seized nearly all of Afghanistan in just over a week, despite the billions of dollars spent by the US and NATO over nearly two decades to build up Afghan security forces.

Ever since the Taliban swept over Afghanistan in a stunningly paced offensive and took Kabul Sunday (15 August 2021), Trump has repeatedly blamed Biden for Afghanistan's fall to the Taliban, even though the US withdrawal that triggered the collapse was negotiated by his own administration. The following are some of Trump's criticisms of his successor.

2(a) "It is time for Joe Biden to resign in disgrace for what he has allowed to happen to Afghanistan, along with the tremendous surge in COVID, the Border catastrophe, the destruction of energy independence, and our crippled economy," Trump said in an email on Sunday (15 August 2021) amid the Taliban's takeover.

(b) He concluded the email by perpetuating his claim that Biden won the presidency via election fraud, “It shouldn’t be a big deal because he wasn’t elected legitimately in the first place.”

(c) "First Joe Biden surrendered to COVID and it has come roaring back. Then he surrendered to the Taliban, who has quickly overtaken Afghanistan and destroyed confidence in American power and influence. The outcome in Afghanistan, including the withdrawal, would have been totally different if the Trump Administration had been in charge. Who or what will Joe Biden surrender to next? Someone should ask him, if they can find him," the self-declared "Messiah" ex-president suggested in a statement on August 16, 2021.

(d) "Can anyone even imagine taking out our Military before evacuating civilians and others who have been good to our Country and who should be allowed to seek refuge? In addition, these people left topflight and highly sophisticated equipment. Who can believe such incompetence? Under my Administration, all civilians and equipment would have been removed," the "Me First" ex-president said in the same statement on August 16, 2021.

(e) "Tragic mess in Afghanistan, a completely open and broken Border, Crime at record levels, oil prices through the roof, inflation rising, and taken advantage of by the entire world—DO YOU MISS ME YET?" he said in a short emailed statement on Friday (13 August 2021).

(f) Trump claimed: "Afghanistan is the most embarrassing military outcome in the history of the United States. It didn’t have to be that way!"

(g) "The corrupt Presidential Election of 2020 got us here. Never would have happened if I were President!" Trump wrote.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Biden-surrender-slams-hiding-Camp-David.html

(h) "What Joe Biden has done with Afghanistan is legendary. It will go down as one of the greatest defeats in American history,” Trump said.

(i) “The Taliban no longer has fear or respect for America or America’s power,” Trump said. “What a disgrace it will be when the Taliban raises their flag over America’s embassy in Kabul. This is a complete failure through weakness, incompetence and total strategic incoherence.”

https://www.******/usa/532129-trump-biden-defeat-afganistan-resign/

(j) "Biden’s botched exit from Afghanistan is the most astonishing display of gross incompetence by a nation’s leader, perhaps at any time," Trump said at a boisterous rally packed with his supporters near Cullman, Alabama.

(k) At the rally, Trump blamed the situation on Biden not having followed the plan his administration came up with and bemoaned US personnel and equipment being left behind as troops withdrew.

"This is not a withdrawal. This was a total surrender," he said.

(l) Trump said the Taliban, with whom he had negotiated, respected him. He suggested the quick takeover of Afghanistan would not have happened if he was still in office.

"We could have gotten out with honor," Trump added. "We should have gotten out with honor. And instead we got out with the exact opposite of honor."

https://www.geo.tv/latest/366478-trump-assails-biden-for-afghanistan-humiliation

(m) “This person who is running our country made a horrific decision of taking our powerful military. We may be forced to go in and we may not be forced out. All Joe Biden had to do was follow a plan,” Trump said.

(n) Trump’s recent remarks come after he had pitched the bizarre idea that America should have bombed "the bases into smithereens" and then evacuated American troops. In a statement released on his website, Trump said, "First you bring out all of the American citizens. Then you bring out ALL equipment. Then you bomb the bases into smithereens - AND THEN YOU BRING OUT THE MILITARY. No chaos, no death - they wouldn’t even know we left!". Boasting about his capability, he added, "The Taliban knew I would rain down fire and fury if any American personnel or interests were harmed, the likes of which have never been seen.”

Source: https://www.republicworld.com/world...ys-would-never-happen-if-i-was-president.html

(o) “It’s a great thing that we’re getting out, but nobody has ever handled a withdrawal worse than Joe Biden,” the 45th president told Fox News’ “Hannity” on Tuesday. “This is the greatest embarrassment, I believe, in the history of our country.”

(p) As more grim reports emerged of thousands of Americans stuck in Taliban territory, with checkpoints between them and Kabul’s international airport, Trump said the current situation in Afghanistan was “many, many times worse” than the Iran hostage crisis that doomed the presidency of another Democrat, Jimmy Carter.

“I looked at that big, monster cargo plane yesterday, with people grabbing the side and trying to get flown out of Afghanistan because of their fear, their incredible fear, and they’re blowing off the plane from 2,000 feet up in the air,” he said. “Nobody’s ever seen anything like that. That blows the helicopters in Vietnam away. That’s not even a contest. This has been the most humiliating period of time I’ve ever seen.”

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/trump-calls-afghanistan-collapse-most-humiliating-moment-for-us/

3. As seen from his repeated attacks on his successor, the “Me First” ex-president could not wait until the next presidential election in 2024 to “reclaim his crown”. The following are some possible reasons:

(a) The self-declared “Messiah” ex-president is in financial and political danger as the Trump Organization faces possible criminal charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/28/donald-trump-organization-new-york-criminal-charges

(b) If Trump could make his comeback in the next presidential election, he will be 79 years old -- the age in which he questioned his political rival's mental state in his interview by Chris Wallace in 2020. Trump claimed that Biden was "mentally shot" and "not competent" to be President.

He also claimed that Biden would not be able to sit down in a lengthy one-on-one in-person interview the same way he did with Wallace.

"Let Biden sit through an interview like this, he'll be on the ground crying for mommy," Trump said. "He'll say, 'Mommy, mommy, please take me home.'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...president.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

https://www.globalvillagespace.com/trump-calls-biden-not-competent-to-lead-the-us/

(c) As in a popular Cantonese slang in Hong Kong gangster movies "趁佢病,攞佢命" which literally means "Killing him while he is sick", Trump and the Republicans are quick to take advantage of Biden's vulnerable situation and falling approval rating by keeping up the momentum of their attacks on him.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/joe-bidens-approval-rating-plunges-amid-afghanistan-chaos/

(d) As in the Chinese saying 路必有弯,夜长梦多 which literally means "A long road has its twists and turns, and a long night is fraught with dreams", the longer the "Me First" ex-president waits for making his comeback, the more uncertain his political future.

So if this is not the time for the "Me First" ex-president and the Republicans to "beat the dog that has fallen into the water" (as in the Chinese saying 打落水狗), then when? :)

Werbung:
......and all this will be forgotten in a couple of months.....

My great friend, Trump will definitely exploit the issue if he could run for re-election in 2024. It is he who set the trap for Biden to walk in. It is he who struck the disgraceful deal with the Taliban in 2020. Why didn't he withdraw the US troops during his term of office? It is analogous to someone doing an unfinished business in the toilet and walking out of the toilet with something hanging like a sausage or tail at the bottom of his body. :)

Werbung:
1. In a stunning rout, the Taliban seized nearly all of Afghanistan in just over a week, despite the billions of dollars spent by the US and NATO over nearly two decades to build up Afghan security forces.
C'mon...c'mon....Lil' Dumbya was just a lil' over-anxious to get into Iraq.
As usual.....the
Dems had to step-in and clean-up the mess.

Back