unsolved mysteries ........

palefrost

*poof*

You are given the power to see the solution of one of history's "unsolved mysteries."

What secret would you pick to uncover?

Werbung:
The "hard problems" of consciousness. I suspect I could extrapolate the results to formulate a model of mind and being that could possibly help mediate the way which we percieve our sense of being and thus have implications on moral philosophy. Given that this is one of my major life goals anyway.

It says in history!! For example.

The Great Pyramid
The Colossus of Rhodes
The Statue of Artemis (Diana)
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
The Great Lighthouse
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
The Great Pyramid of Giza
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
The Colossus of Rhodes
The Pharos of Alexandria

The Seven Wonders of the Medieval Mind
Stonehenge
The Colosseum
The Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
The Great Wall of China
The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
The Hagia Sophia
The Leaning Tower of Pisa
The Seven Natural Wonders of the World
Mount Everest
The Great Barrier Reef
The Grand Canyon
Victoria Falls
The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
Paricutin Volcano
The Northern Lights

The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World
Palau
The Belize Barrier Reef
The Galapagos Islands
The Northern Red Sea
Lake Baikal
The Great Barrier Reef
The Deep Sea Vents

The Seven Wonders of the Modern World
The Empire State Building
The Itaipú Dam
The CN Tower
The Panama Canal
The Channel Tunnel
The North Sea Protection Works
The Golden Gate Bridge

The Seven Forgotten Natural Wonders of the World
Angel Falls
The Bay of Fundy
Iguaçú Falls
Krakatoa Island
Mount Fuji
Mount Kilimanjaro
Niagara Falls

The Seven Forgotten Modern Wonders of the World
The Clock Tower (Big Ben)
Eiffel Tower
The Gateway Arch
The Aswan High Dam
Hoover Dam
Mount Rushmore National Memorial
The Petronas Towers

The Seven Forgotten Wonders of the Medeival Mind
Abu Simbel Temple
Angkor Wat
Taj Mahal
Mont Saint-Michel
The Moai Statues
The Parthenon
The Shwedagon Pagoda
The Forgotten Wonders
The Aztec Temple
The Banaue Rice Terraces
The Borobudur Temple
The Inca City
The Statue of Liberty
The Mayan Temples
The Temple of the Inscriptions
The Throne Hall of Persepolis
Petra
The Suez Canal
The Sydney Opera House
The Red Fort in India

I would choose to uncover the mystery of what exactly that "craft" was that crashed in Roswell back in... what was it? The 50's or 60's?

I would have to pick the Bermuda Triangle. I have always been interested in this since I was in highschool and had to do a report on it.

Well, I'm an anthropology major, so I'd like to "solve" the mysteries behind any of the Mesoamerican sites and temples (Aztec, Maya, Zapotec, etc). There is no one temple or city...there are SO many, and many of the glyphs have yet to be deciphered.

I also have always been interested in the Bermuda triangle since watching a film about it when I was in my teenage years!

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? LOL No, I'm just joking.

I think I would like to actually see how they built things like Stonehenge or the Pyramids in Egypt. There's been so much speculation into who and how they were built, I'd like to be able to see for myself.

Great question :D

I would choose to uncover the mystery of what exactly that "craft" was that crashed in Roswell back in... what was it? The 50's or 60's?

1948 was the year, I think.

I would kinda like to know the truth around the crop circles that have popped up from time to time. A number of them have been exposed as frauds, but I wonder about the rest of them...

I never even thought about the crop circles. I would like to know that one too. We have a running argument me and my husband on what caused these.

Another thing I'm interested in finding out is how/why the Nazca Lines were made. I'm not sure I agree with the extraterrestrial theory, but barring anything else being presented, I guess it's as good a theory as anything else. :shrug:

Where the other sock goes.

Why whenever I throw something out I need it the next day.

How the networks know which two shows, of all shows, I want to watch and schedule them opposite each other.

Why the call I'm waiting for comes just after I've stepped in the shower.

How it is that the expensive item I just bought is now on sale.

Why the person who left his sneaker in the middle of the road never came back for it.

Why he left his sneaker in the middle of the road in the first place.

Plumley: the answer to your first 5 questions can be summed up in a combination of the concepts of retrospective awareness (and thus hindsight) and attentional bias. Those are all things that we seem to notice explicitly because our mind has intentionally focused on it in some way or another- and thus we seem to remember them most of all regardless of the proportion of events that they actually occupy.

About the dude who left his sneaker in the middle of the road...well that one beats me! I also wonder about the sneakers hanging from the power-lines. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Where the other sock goes.

Why whenever I throw something out I need it the next day.

How the networks know which two shows, of all shows, I want to watch and schedule them opposite each other.

Why the call I'm waiting for comes just after I've stepped in the shower.

How it is that the expensive item I just bought is now on sale.

Why the person who left his sneaker in the middle of the road never came back for it.

Why he left his sneaker in the middle of the road in the first place.

Very good and valid points there I'm liking them!
Made me think a little aswell:notworthy:

Werbung:
Dong: You don't have to over-intellectualize everything. This is just a fun topic.

I would like to know why I always end up with mismatched socks in the dryer *kidding*

I would like to know the big two questions "Why are we here?" and "How did everything come to be?"

:twocents:

Back