US First Muslim Representative

I don't see that it matters that CAIR has not yet been indicted on anything, although many of its members have. The connection itself is enough to raise questions about the quality of Ellison's character. (I am, for the record, equally suspicious of other Democrats who run around with these dangerous lunatics, so don't dare accuse me of religious bigotry). We all rightly condemned Republicans for cavorting around with Jack Abramoff back when he was only under investigation.

Werbung:
While I dont disagree that there have been many Muslims terrorists, my point in the whole thing was to point out that Muslims, just being Muslims we should not be suspicious of them having a bomb strapped to themselves all the time.

We should listen to sensible Muslims like Abdel Rahman al-Rashed, general manager of the al-Arabiya news channel, who wrote in the Arab News two years ago what our own officials struggle to say:

"It is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists, but it is equally certain, and exceptionally painful, that almost all terrorists are Muslims. ... We cannot clear our names unless we own up to the shameful fact that terrorism has become an Islamic enterprise; an almost exclusive monopoly, implemented by Muslim men.''

Now I will point out, that there have been only two major attacks my Muslims in the US, in the last 27 years. The original WTC bombing, and the 9/11 attacks.

This is if you don't count any of the attacks on our military bases or embassies overseas.

In November 1995, five Americans were killed and 30 wounded by a car bomb in Saudi Arabia set by Muslim extremists.

In June 1996, a U.S. Air Force housing complex in Saudi Arabia was bombed by Muslim extremists.

On Aug. 7, 1998, U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim extremists.

In October 2000, our warship, the USS Cole, was attacked by Muslim extremists.

In the meantime, Americans, presumably Christian or at least non muslims in the same time period, were responsible for Oklahoma city, the Unabomber, Eric Rudolph, DC Sniper, along with several school shootings, and serial killers, which I am going to lump into terrorist acts.

This is a terrible argument. You are lumping criminal incidents with international, religion-driven terrorism...just like Clinton. Obviously that philosophy didn't work. You can't treat terrorism as a domestic crime issue -- it is a part of a larger national security struggle that extends all over the globe.

The KKK is probably the worst single terrorist groups in American history.

By what measure? Certainly not deaths.

The bombing in Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh was idealogically driven. He killed 186 people and wounded more than 500. Eric Rudolph was driven by his hatred of abortion and gays. He killed 3 people and wounded 150 in his bombings. Those are works of terror, not of a common criminal.

Terrorism will never be eliminated as it is a tactic. That isn't to say we shouldn't try to stop those who would use it. Quite the contrary but a military response is not the only answer. It will require a combination of police work, dialogue, politics, economics, diplomacy, and military force where necessary. If we focus only on one religion or one group of people we are setting ourselves up for more failure.

Werbung:
The bombing in Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh was idealogically driven. He killed 186 people and wounded more than 500. Eric Rudolph was driven by his hatred of abortion and gays. He killed 3 people and wounded 150 in his bombings. Those are works of terror, not of a common criminal.

Okay, fine. This week alone, there have been 66 jihad attacks driven by Islam have injured 343 and claimed the lives of 345.

Terrorism will never be eliminated as it is a tactic.

True, but the ideology of radical Islam can be defeated just like the ideologies of Nazism and Fascism.

Back