US judge rejects challenge to Washington state law that could hold gun makers liable for shootings

MusicLover

SEATTLE (AP) — A federal judge on Friday rejected a challenge to a Washington state law that cleared the way for lawsuits against the gun industry in certain cases. The measure was one of three bills signed by Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee last year seeking to address gun violence.
It requires the industry to exercise reasonable controls in making, selling and marketing weapons, including steps to keep guns from being sold to people known to be dangerous or to straw buyers. It allows the attorney general or private parties, such as the family members of shooting victims, to sue for violations or damages under the state's Consumer Protection Act.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association, challenged the law in U.S. District Court in Spokane, saying the measure violates the Second Amendment as well as the free-speech rights of its members.
U.S. District Judge Mary K. Dimke rejected the lawsuit in a decision Friday, saying the organization had not established legal standing to challenge the measure. She noted that its members were neither being sued under the law nor had expressed an intent to violate its terms.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-ju ... 9295&ei=56

This is very good news. I hope the lawsuits start soon. This is one industry that has caused a lot of suffering in our nation.

I hope they're sued out of business. It will save lives.

Werbung:
SEATTLE (AP) — A federal judge on Friday rejected a challenge to a Washington state law that cleared the way for lawsuits against the gun industry in certain cases. The measure was one of three bills signed by Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee last year seeking to address gun violence.
It requires the industry to exercise reasonable controls in making, selling and marketing weapons, including steps to keep guns from being sold to people known to be dangerous or to straw buyers. It allows the attorney general or private parties, such as the family members of shooting victims, to sue for violations or damages under the state's Consumer Protection Act.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association, challenged the law in U.S. District Court in Spokane, saying the measure violates the Second Amendment as well as the free-speech rights of its members.
U.S. District Judge Mary K. Dimke rejected the lawsuit in a decision Friday, saying the organization had not established legal standing to challenge the measure. She noted that its members were neither being sued under the law nor had expressed an intent to violate its terms.

This is very good news. I hope the lawsuits start soon. This is one industry that has caused a lot of suffering in our nation.

I hope they're sued out of business. It will save lives.
Oh dear. But it's their 2nd amendment right to have a gun. They don't care about the collateral damage of hundreds of school kids having their brains blown out by some ratbag. Their rights must never be infringed.

I hope they're sued out of business. It will save lives
Much of that was trash sounds good but not enforceable.
Other then making a product that's not defective just as with any other product they are not responsible if a idiot or a but cake or a criminal . our mental health system along with privacy laws and law enforcement do not interact and function well together. People friends and families need to speak out a little more often.
Mini do not out of Shame.
I've had guns all my life using them in my personal life and my professional life and I've been a hunter most of my life I'm still an avid Target shooter why should I be penalized because other people are idiots.

Last edited:
Oh dear. But it's their 2nd amendment right to have a gun. They don't care about the collateral damage of hundreds of school kids having their brains blown out by some ratbag. Their rights must never be infringed.

No one is taking guns from anyone.

This law holds gun makers accountable for their own actions of selling guns to dealers who sell to straw men and other illegal acts.

People can have all the guns they want. However if the maker breaks the law, they will be sued.

I hope the lawsuits start soon and the gun makers are sued into bankruptcy.

No one is taking guns from anyone.

This law holds gun makers accountable for their own actions of selling guns to dealers who sell to straw men and other illegal acts.

People can have all the guns they want. However if the maker breaks the law, they will be sued.

I hope the lawsuits start soon and the gun makers are sued into bankruptcy.
Ok you buy a new car and then sell it to a guy who has no drivers license and has a wreck and kills a person. who responsible the car maker the guy who sold the car or the guy who wrecked it ?

Lets test liberal logic .

Ok you buy a new car and then sell it to a guy who has no drivers license and has a wreck and kills a person. who responsible the car maker the guy who sold the car or the guy who wrecked it ?

Lets test liberal logic .

We aren't talking about cars here. There is no such law for cars.

This is about guns.

In case you didn't know, straw man sales are illegal. Both at the federal and state level. The manufacturers are knowingly selling to dealers who sell to straw men. Then there's their advertising to children. That's also illegal. One gun manufacturer has already had to pay out millions for being sued for advertising to children.

The judge in this case just thew out the challenge to this law. It's the law of the land in Washington state.

You can throw all the temper tantrums you want. You can try to change the subject all you want but it won't change the fact that the law is in effect in Washington and gun manufacturers are going to be sued. I hope sued into bankruptcy.

Deal with it. There isn't anything you can do to stop it.

If you want to talk about this law, which is the subject of the thread, I'm happy to do so.

If you want to talk about cars, I won't read or respond to your posts.

This is about guns.

In case you didn't know, straw man sales are illegal. Both at the federal and state level. The manufacturers are knowingly selling to dealers who sell to straw men. Then there's their advertising to children. That's also illegal. One gun manufacturer has already had to pay out millions for being sued for advertising to children.

The judge in this case just thew out the challenge to this law. It's the law of the land in Washington state.

You can throw all the temper tantrums you want. You can try to change the subject all you want but it won't change the fact that the law is in effect in Washington and gun manufacturers are going to be sued. I hope sued into bankruptcy.

If you want to talk about this law, which is the subject of the thread, I'm happy to do so.

Getting back to our constitutional rights:

1710024971898.png

This is about guns.

You do not get it do you? Liberal logic on display again.
You guys just do not apply logic or common sense is the real issue You just proved my point

But why do you need a gun?
If you find yourself in a situation where a murderer with a gun is trying to murder innocent people you may need a gun to stop him. If you find yourself among fellow patriots facing an aggressive leftist government willing to shoot down innocent citizens for resisting the loss of freedoms by leftist edict you may need to join with other armed patriots to resist the attempted takeover in a last line of defense against the coup.

Do you play sports or have hobbies? If so, why? Do you think others should have the right to take away your belongings because they don't see why you should have them?

If you find yourself in a situation where a murderer with a gun is trying to murder innocent people you may need a gun to stop him.
Is that so. You'd shit yourself if someone poked one up your nose.

If you find yourself among fellow patriots facing an aggressive leftist government
Here we go again. Those pillaging hordes of democrats again.
The only opportunity ever where that scenario happened was on j6 and you patriots sat in your hands and did nothing. Yet you call yourselves patriots. What a pathetic hypocrite you are.

willing to shoot down innocent citizens for resisting the loss of freedoms by leftist edict you may need to join with other armed patriots to resist the attempted takeover in a last line of defense against the coup.
You may? The takeover attempt was on j6. Remember that? It was a coup attempt and your still defending it. Piss off.

Do you play sports or have hobbies? If so, why? Do you think others should have the right to take away your belongings because they don't see why you should have them?
You have no use for weapons like automatic guns. You're just indoctrinated by the herd mentality. Forget your hunting and target practice justifications, it's bullshit.
As for eliminating tyranny, don't make me vomit.
An old codger like you couldn't get out of your wheelchair quick enough to stop shytting yourself but suggest to you'd take up arms to defend freedom?
You couldn't see the end of the barrell.

Is that so. You'd shit yourself if someone poked one up your nose.
Since I am a scaredy cat in your imagination you think that gives Beto the right to seize my guns?
Here we go again. Those pillaging hordes of democrats again.
The only opportunity ever where that scenario happened was on j6 and you patriots sat in your hands and did nothing. Yet you call yourselves patriots. What a pathetic hypocrite you are.
Leftists murdered a cop and many bystanders in their 2020 looting and violence sprees, and leftists murdered two unarmed women at the Capitol on Jan 6. No conservative opponent of voting fraud on Jan 6 murdered anyone, much less set cop cars on fire or sent hundreds of cops to hospitals with head injuries from tossed bricks.
You may? The takeover attempt was on j6. Remember that? It was a coup attempt and your still defending it. Piss off.
Democrats stole the 2020 election and continue to deny their guilt.
You have no use for weapons like automatic guns. You're just indoctrinated by the herd mentality. Forget your hunting and target practice justifications, it's bullshit.
Just because you think Americans should not own guns does not make you God and does not make you smart.
As for eliminating tyranny, don't make me vomit.
An old codger like you couldn't get out of your wheelchair quick enough to stop shytting yourself but suggest to you'd take up arms to defend freedom?
You couldn't see the end of the barrell.
I understand. You are not satisfied by merely making up cartloads of crap about President Trump, but you also seem compelled to slander your innocent fellow Americans as well.

You do not get it do you? Liberal logic on display again.
You guys just do not apply logic or common sense is the real issue You just proved my point

No I do get it.

You don't like the subject of this thread so you're trying to change it to cars.

You're nothing but a coward.

Meanwhile, there isn't even one thing you can do to stop the lawsuits against the gun manufacturers. Those lawsuits are coming and I hope they are sued into bankruptcy.

If you want to talk about cars, start a new thread about it. Stop being such a coward about the subject of this thread.

Since I am a scaredy cat in your imagination you think that gives Beto the right to seize my guns?
Who has tried to size your guns? You're a bit paranoid son.
Leftists murdered a cop and many bystanders in their 2020 looting and violence sprees, and leftists murdered two unarmed women at the Capitol on Jan 6.
Cops killed Floyd and it preceded all the violence. They murdered him and the courts proved it. Not one Democrat was involved in murdering those women. They were told to leave and starting smashing windows. It's in tape. They should have shot the lot.

No conservative opponent of voting fraud on Jan 6 murdered anyone, much less set cop cars on fire or sent hundreds of cops to hospitals with head injuries from tossed bricks.
You cannot say they were all democrats and you know it. You're a liar.
Democrats stole the 2020 election and continue to deny their guilt.
Yeah sure. Here we go again.
Just because you think Americans should not own guns does not make you God and does not make you smart.
Your pathetic justifications for owning them is the issue. Anyone who fights like hell to keep their guns while ignoring the 35000 deaths each year and ratbags slaughtering kids, doesn't make them smart either. That's you.
I understand. You are not satisfied by merely making up cartloads of crap about President Trump, but you also seem compelled to slander your innocent fellow Americans as well.
The courts will decide if it's crap and they will find him guilty. I'll bet on it.
USA is full of low IQ ratbags like you who worship guns, god and the GOP. All a recipe for disaster and it's happening now. We are one election away from you nuts I stalling a known fascist. Let's see if you all come to DC and rid the country of tyranny then.
You're as weak as piss like the rest of the brain dead fools.

Werbung:
Who has tried to size your guns? You're a bit paranoid son.
Nobody will ever try to seize my guns in spite of all their hype to the contrary.
Cops killed Floyd and it preceded all the violence. They murdered him and the courts proved it. Not one Democrat was involved in murdering those women. They were told to leave and starting smashing windows. It's in tape. They should have shot the lot.
Floyd died from complications of drug abuse while resisting arrest. Refusing to believe the facts is not only unjust, but criminal because of the violence that has been incited because of the refusal to acknowledge the facts.
Your pathetic justifications for owning them is the issue. Anyone who fights like hell to keep their guns while ignoring the 35000 deaths each year and ratbags slaughtering kids, doesn't make them smart either. That's you.
Guns for defense against lawless gun-toting thugs do not cause innocent deaths but prevent innocent deaths.
The courts will decide if it's crap and they will find him guilty. I'll bet on it.
USA is full of low IQ ratbags like you who worship guns, god and the GOP. All a recipe for disaster and it's happening now. We are one election away from you nuts I stalling a known fascist. Let's see if you all come to DC and rid the country of tyranny then.
You're as weak as piss like the rest of the brain dead fools.
Jailing Trump on bogus charges and trying him before biased juries and judges will never atone for allowing Democrats to commit crimes for which they are never made to give an account.

Back