US says China mulling weapons for Russia in Ukraine war

reedak

1. WASHINGTON -- U.S. intelligence suggests China is considering providing arms and ammunition to Russia, an involvement in the Kremlin’s war effort that would be a “serious problem,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said....

“We’ve been watching this very, very closely. And, for the most part, China has been engaged in providing rhetorical, political, diplomatic support to Russia, but we have information that gives us concern that they are considering providing lethal support to Russia in the war against Ukraine,” Blinken said in an interview that aired Sunday, a day after his meeting at a security conference in Munich with Wang Yi, the Chinese Communist Party’s most senior foreign policy official.

"It was important for me to share very clearly with Wang Yi that this would be a serious problem,” Blinken said....

“But what Secretary Blinken said is big news to me,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. Graham said the world should “come down hard on China” if it provides lethal weapons to Russia and he advised Chinese leaders not to do anything rash.

“To the Chinese, if you jump on the Putin train now, you’re dumber than dirt,” he said. “It would be like buying a ticket on the Titanic after you saw the movie. Don’t do this.”

Graham said it would be the “most catastrophic thing that could happen to the U.S.-China relationship. … That would change everything forever.”...

Retired Gen. Jack Keane, a former Army vice chief of staff, said he agreed with the Biden administration’s decision to expose China’s possible readiness to provide some lethal weapons to Russia. He said it may persuade China to hold off.

“And I think coming out and exposing and I would go further and tell them what we think they are attempting to provide, China will pull back likely after that public exposure,” Keane said....

Source Link: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-warns-china-send-weapons-russia-ukraine-war-97323518

2. MUNICH, Feb 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris on Saturday warned that Chinese support for Russia in its war in Ukraine would reward aggression, as the two powers traded barbs at a prominent security conference in Germany.

At the Munich Security Conference, Harris said the United States was "troubled that Beijing has deepened its relationship with Moscow since the war began."

"Any steps by China to provide lethal support to Russia would only reward aggression, continue the killing, and further undermine a rules-based order," she said....

Source Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/china...deepened-relationship-with-russia-2023-02-18/

3. “But what Secretary Blinken said is big news to me,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. Graham.

Of course, it is big news to Mr Graham. What that "blinking-eyes" fella and LOL Harris said at the 59th Munich Security Conference (MSC) was meant for hoodwinking the international audience -- not honest people like Mr Graham. Do they need to lie or feed the same **** to the folks at the Congress who are familiar with the age-old US disinformation campaigns? Birds of a feather flock together.

4. Graham said: “To the Chinese, if you jump on the Putin train now, you’re dumber than dirt.”

The US has sold a lot of lethal weapons to Taiwan since the election of the self-declared "Messiah" ex-president. Since then, US economic coercion against China has been increasing relentlessly to almost 90 percent sanction now. If Mao Zedong is still alive today, Chinese radios would have reverted to the old practice of blasting patriotic music and anti-American slogans about "US Imperialism" (美帝国主义) everyday. However, the MCC (abbreviation for "mung caa caa" 矇查查 meaning "muddle-headed" in Cantonese) Chinese Emperor seems to be still harbouring the delusion that Sino-US relations can be improved. It shows that he is dumber than ****.

5. Graham said it (Chinese sale of weapons to Russia) would be the “most catastrophic thing that could happen to the U.S.-China relationship. … That would change everything forever.”

Mr Graham appears to be unaware that Sino-US relationship is already beyond repaired or having reached stage IV cancer. In short, China and the US are already ensnared in Thucydides's Trap.

6. The director of the Office of the CCP Central Foreign Affairs Commission should have pushed back very strongly against the US disinformation campaign at the 59th Munich Security Conference in the following way:

"Ladies and gentlemen, my dear friends Antony Blinken and Kamala Harris, lend me your ears; I come to bury the warmongers and propagandists, not to praise them. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with the warmongers and propagandists.

As recently as August 2022, the Russian president said he was ready to supply allies in Latin America, Asia and Africa with a full gamut of weapons from small arms to armoured vehicles, artillery, combat aircraft and drones. With such an abundance of weapons to export globally, does the second largest nuclear superpower need to lose face by importing third-grade weapons from a mediocre country like China that has been importing Russian arms since its establishment in 1949?

In addition, what will happen to China if it sells its limited stock of weapons to Russia or any other country? Without a single bullet left, my country's island province could become the 51st state of the United States without even a single fight. The US Marine Corps would be marching all the way to Beijing from the Chinese coast opposite to Taiwan without firing even a single bullet.

Lastly, if a non-nuclear state like Ukraine could defeat the second largest nuclear superpower in the world, my country which is so many times weaker than Russia will certainly be routed in a war by a non-nuclear state. China could never afford to sell away its limited stock of weapons to Russia or any other country. My country should import a lot of weapons instead. Where can China buy them to defend itself? From the US? From the EU?"

Additional Reference:

Last edited:
Werbung:
1. WASHINGTON -- U.S. intelligence suggests China is considering providing arms and ammunition to Russia, an involvement in the Kremlin’s war effort that would be a “serious problem,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said....

“We’ve been watching this very, very closely. And, for the most part, China has been engaged in providing rhetorical, political, diplomatic support to Russia, but we have information that gives us concern that they are considering providing lethal support to Russia in the war against Ukraine,” Blinken said in an interview that aired Sunday, a day after his meeting at a security conference in Munich with Wang Yi, the Chinese Communist Party’s most senior foreign policy official.

"It was important for me to share very clearly with Wang Yi that this would be a serious problem,” Blinken said....

“But what Secretary Blinken said is big news to me,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. Graham said the world should “come down hard on China” if it provides lethal weapons to Russia and he advised Chinese leaders not to do anything rash.

“To the Chinese, if you jump on the Putin train now, you’re dumber than dirt,” he said. “It would be like buying a ticket on the Titanic after you saw the movie. Don’t do this.”

Graham said it would be the “most catastrophic thing that could happen to the U.S.-China relationship. … That would change everything forever.”...

Retired Gen. Jack Keane, a former Army vice chief of staff, said he agreed with the Biden administration’s decision to expose China’s possible readiness to provide some lethal weapons to Russia. He said it may persuade China to hold off.

“And I think coming out and exposing and I would go further and tell them what we think they are attempting to provide, China will pull back likely after that public exposure,” Keane said....

Source Link: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-warns-china-send-weapons-russia-ukraine-war-97323518

2. MUNICH, Feb 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris on Saturday warned that Chinese support for Russia in its war in Ukraine would reward aggression, as the two powers traded barbs at a prominent security conference in Germany.

At the Munich Security Conference, Harris said the United States was "troubled that Beijing has deepened its relationship with Moscow since the war began."

"Any steps by China to provide lethal support to Russia would only reward aggression, continue the killing, and further undermine a rules-based order," she said....

Source Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/china...deepened-relationship-with-russia-2023-02-18/

3. “But what Secretary Blinken said is big news to me,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. Graham.

Of course, it is big news to Mr Graham. What that "blinking-eyes" fella and LOL Harris said at the 59th Munich Security Conference (MSC) was meant for hoodwinking the international audience -- not honest people like Mr Graham. Do they need to lie or feed the same **** to the folks at the Congress who are familiar with the age-old US disinformation campaigns? Birds of a feather flock together.

4. Graham said: “To the Chinese, if you jump on the Putin train now, you’re dumber than dirt.”

The US has sold a lot of lethal weapons to Taiwan since the election of the self-declared "Messiah" ex-president. Since then, US economic coercion against China has been increasing relentlessly to almost 90 percent sanction now. If Mao Zedong is still alive today, Chinese radios would have reverted to the old practice of blasting patriotic music and anti-American slogans about "US Imperialism" (美帝国主义) everyday. However, the MCC (abbreviation for "mung caa caa" 矇查查 meaning "muddle-headed" in Cantonese) Chinese Emperor seems to be still harbouring the delusion that Sino-US relations can be improved. It shows that he is dumber than ****.

5. Graham said it (Chinese sale of weapons to Russia) would be the “most catastrophic thing that could happen to the U.S.-China relationship. … That would change everything forever.”

Mr Graham appears to be unaware that Sino-US relationship is already beyond repaired or having reached stage IV cancer. In short, China and the US are already ensnared in Thucydides's Trap.

6. The director of the Office of the CCP Central Foreign Affairs Commission should have pushed back very strongly against the US disinformation campaign at the 59th Munich Security Conference in the following way:

"Ladies and gentlemen, my dear friends Antony Blinken and Kamala Harris, lend me your ears; I come to bury the warmongers and propagandists, not to praise them. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with the warmongers and propagandists.

As recently as August 2022, the Russian president said he was ready to supply allies in Latin America, Asia and Africa with a full gamut of weapons from small arms to armoured vehicles, artillery, combat aircraft and drones. With such an abundance of weapons to export globally, does the second largest nuclear superpower need to lose face by importing third-grade weapons from a mediocre country like China that has been importing Russian arms since its establishment in 1949?

In addition, what will happen to China if it sells its limited stock of weapons to Russia or any other country? Without a single bullet left, my country's island province could become the 51st state of the United States without even a single fight. The US Marine Corps would be marching all the way to Beijing from the Chinese coast opposite to Taiwan without firing even a single bullet.

Lastly, if a non-nuclear state like Ukraine could defeat the second largest nuclear superpower in the world, my country which is so many times weaker than Russia will certainly be routed in a war by a non-nuclear state. China could never afford to sell away its limited stock of weapons to Russia or any other country. My country should import a lot of weapons instead. Where can China buy them to defend itself? From the US? From the EU?"

Additional Reference:

thanks for the post I had not seen this yet

Werbung:
Back