Vietnam!

Gipper

Today, in 1973, the Paris Peace Accords were signed, ending America’s involvement in the Vietnam War. Of course, the war in Vietnam would continue condemning millions of people to decades of totalitarian rule.

lt.col_stirm_pow_returns_vietnam_war_mar171973.jpg

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2012/01/27/friday-free-for-all-vietnam-edition/

And those millions who lost their lives and those millions who survived only to suffer under totalitarianism after the commies took over, can thank the Dem Party.

Werbung:
Yes, they can thank the Democrat, Lyndon Johnson for having stepped up the war based on false beliefs and assumptions instead of allowing the people of Vietnam to have the independence and unity they sought back in '54, as well as the Republican, Eisenhower, for having turned down Ho Chi Minh's request for help in their struggle for independence and instead sending "military advisers" to continue the fight after the French gave it up.

Who can they thank that the domino theory turned out to be wrong, and that modern day Vietnam is not a Communist country? I'm not sure about that one. My opinion is that communism simply failed because it doesn't work. Once the Castro brothers finally pass away, it seems likely that Communism will be just another footnote in the dustbin of history.

Yes, they can thank the Democrat, Lyndon Johnson for having stepped up the war based on false beliefs and assumptions instead of allowing the people of Vietnam to have the independence and unity they sought back in '54, as well as the Republican, Eisenhower, for having turned down Ho Chi Minh's request for help in their struggle for independence and instead sending "military advisers" to continue the fight after the French gave it up.

Who can they thank that the domino theory turned out to be wrong, and that modern day Vietnam is not a Communist country? I'm not sure about that one. My opinion is that communism simply failed because it doesn't work. Once the Castro brothers finally pass away, it seems likely that Communism will be just another footnote in the dustbin of history.

need to run out of Kims in NK too

need to run out of Kims in NK too
good point. Maybe a small area Communism will stick around a little bit longer after all, kind of like that stubborn bit of smallpox that has at last been eliminated from the globe. NK Communism can serve a purpose, contrasting as it does with the relative freedom that prevails in SK and reminding us that no one wants it back.

good point. Maybe a small area Communism will stick around a little bit longer after all, kind of like that stubborn bit of smallpox that has at last been eliminated from the globe. NK Communism can serve a purpose, contrasting as it does with the relative freedom that prevails in SK and reminding us that no one wants it back.

yup. sux to be them though.

I heard one person claim the Vietnam war slowed down Communist aggression in Asia, even though victory was not gained. In that case, in a sense, the US army did win the war. However, traditionally, the USA to must literally "win the war", or it's seen as a defeat.

I heard one person claim the Vietnam war slowed down Communist aggression in Asia, even though victory was not gained. In that case, in a sense, the US army did win the war. However, traditionally, the USA to must literally "win the war", or it's seen as a defeat.
People claim all sorts of things.

I don't belong to the school of thought that views issues in black and white. Lets face it capitalism has its strengths and weaknesses in equal measure and the same is true with communism. This means that communism is likely to re-invent itself in other names and variants. The best system of governance is a hybrid system of the two like the former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddaffi's policy of the greenbook revolution.

I think a big problem with Communism, as with Fascism, is that there there isn't any freedom of speech. Nonetheless, some have argued the US has no real freedom of speech since lobbyists buy out politicians. In fact, that was an argument Castro brought up. However, then again, I'm not sure I really favor freedom of speech, or if society can operate with it, as I noted in another thread where I spoke about my dislike of white supremacists moving in my neighborhood.

Perhaps, I am in favor of moderate freedom of speech and of the press etc..

Werbung:
Back