Violence vs Sex

Thank you for that link. I had never heard that there was something that would do this for you. I will definently be putting this to good use. Thanks. As for the rating system unless it is G rated I don't let my young children watch it before I do just because I have no clue on how they rate these movies anymore.

Werbung:
I don't even rely on ratings anymore. I go to places like www.kidsinmind.com where I can look at exactly what the controversial parts will be. It is broken up into ratings according to language, sex and violence.
Regarding homosexuality issues, lesbians are shown usually as a way to stimulate males, and are often shown kissing on television, now. Gay men are usually shown as a joke and much less likely to kiss on tv. This double standard hurts men and women in general and certainly our perceptions of homosexuality. I just HAD to go there again, didn't I?

Heh- that's why I created a thread for this discussion...in fact if you'd be so good as to cross-post this to "The Oedipus Complex!?" (shameless plug for everybody else to join in)- then it would be a good jumping point to initiate discussion on media as a dynamic force regarding gendered perceptions of sexuality too :)

I don't even rely on ratings anymore. I go to places like www.kidsinmind.com where I can look at exactly what the controversial parts will be. It is broken up into ratings according to language, sex and violence.
Regarding homosexuality issues, lesbians are shown usually as a way to stimulate males, and are often shown kissing on television, now. Gay men are usually shown as a joke and much less likely to kiss on tv. This double standard hurts men and women in general and certainly our perceptions of homosexuality. I just HAD to go there again, didn't I?

Thanks very much for that link there,I'll be sure to search on there now before acutally letting my daughter sit down in front of the T.V.:yesway:

Hey guys, I have been gone for a few weeks, just catching up on the posts. You are very welcome and I am glad that I could recommend a useful site to you. I really enjoy this forum and find our discussions informative.

I hadn't heard of that site, either, but will definitely check it out. There are so many movies I don't let my kids watch because they're young and I'd like them to maintain their innocence a little longer. It'll be good to actually go someplace where the movies are actually discussed.

Werbung:
Yes, it is a good resource that helps you know enough about the content of the movie that you can make an informed decision about whether it is acceptable for your child or not. I don't always agree with the ratings, having found some movies with a PG or R rating to be perfectly acceptable and others with a G rating to teach values I do not wish to promote. I would much rather know more about the movei on the front end and decide from there.

Back