Vote for John McCain

JordanMcBride

You know I think I will vote for him based purely on the fact that the GOP did not back him before......I dont really know what he believes in, but he seems to be the most natural and honest of the group.....

Werbung:
You know I think I will vote for him based purely on the fact that the GOP did not back him before......I dont really know what he believes in, but he seems to be the most natural and honest of the group.....

You "don't really know what he believes in", but you're voting for him anyway? If you can't take the time to find out a candidate's views on the respective issues, maybe you shouldn't be voting at all.

As for McCain's honesty, he has flip flopped on, among other things,... abortion, the Confederate flag, the Bush tax cuts, and gay marriage. Here check it out, there may be more:

You "don't really know what he believes in", but you're voting for him anyway? If you can't take the time to find out a candidate's views on the respective issues, maybe you shouldn't be voting at all.

Amen to that. All too many people vote for "their" party, just as they root for "their" team, without understanding an iota of the issues and challenges facing this nation.

As for McCain's honesty, he has flip flopped on, among other things,... abortion, the Confederate flag, the Bush tax cuts, and gay marriage. Here check it out, there may be more:

All of which are peripheral issues anyway.

There are no perfect candidates to choose from in November, so the task becomes choosing the one we object to the least.

Clinton is no longer a viable candidate, barring dirty tricks at the Democratic National Convention. She is most likely staying in the race to make it less likely that Obama will be the winner, in turn making it possible for her to make another attempt in four years.

Third party candidates have no realistic chance, leaving a third party vote simply as a protest vote. Many of us would like to vote for "none of the above". Voting third party gives us that option, but doesn't elect anyone but the minions of the big two.

Of course, the voters could start to vote for the issues, could look at all of the candidates and choose the best one regardless of party. Hell could freeze, pigs could fly, and San Francisco could go Republican, too.

What, exactly, does Obama stand for? Trying to get a grasp on his stand on the issues is like trying to get a grip on a handfull of sand. Does he really mean to bring the troops home? How soon? Is he for universal health care? How does he plan to pay for it? Exactly what changes does he stand for? He wants to do something about the economy, but what? Does he understand why we're going into a recession? If so, just what does he think the government can do about it?

Even lacking the Jeremiah Wright debacle, I couldn't vote for an enigma like Obama.

That leaves McCain.

We know where he stands on the war. We know where he stands on torture. We know where he stands on health care.

Personally, I'd like to see a candidate with a committment to fiscal sanity, a firm stance on securing the border, and a pragmatic solution to the war in Iraq. I'll settle for one who at least isn't planning on a precipitous withdrawal from Iraq, who is an authentic war hero, who is at least willing to listen to the people on the border issue, and who at least isn't promising the moon and stars without saying how we're going to pay for them.

and someone who makes a statement like this:

well im not voting for a chick

makes me wonder if he's even old enough to vote.

JordanMcBride...Proof not evryone should vote

Vote when you know what you are talking about, if not let people who realy care decided...People like you are how you end up with Bush. People who don't pay attention, or would vote against the best person running cuz she has breasts. ( I at least have good reasons to not want her)

Sometimes I hate Democracy

Out of the bunch, I feel McCain would do the less damage.

Out of the two Democrats, I reluctantly would rather see Hillary than Obama, even though I absolutely can't stand her. Obama is praised as a great speaker, but yet, when he is on defense, he stumbles and doesn't come across so well. I do believe the momentum of his campaign, is more around words and banking on the sheer hope for true change.

The O.P. reminds me of a quote by Churchill - "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Bob Barr / Mary Ruwart '08 or bust!

McCain = Bush + a brain

What could be worse?

Think of the lies, the wars, the violation of the constitution, now think of that from a man who knows what he is doing!!!

DON'T VOTE FOR REPUBLICANS, THEY WILL KILL YOUR SONS AND TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS!!!

McCain = Bush + a brain

What could be worse?

Think of the lies, the wars, the violation of the constitution, now think of that from a man who knows what he is doing!!!

DON'T VOTE FOR REPUBLICANS, THEY WILL KILL YOUR SONS AND TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS!!!

Yeah.....vote for the Democrats and see your taxes raised big time, while you get nothing in return if you're middle class. Vote for the Democrats and witness the constant bashing of traditional American values for the next four to eight years. Vote for the Democrats if you want to help Osama bin Laden, Al Qaeda, the Taliban and all other enemies of America. :mad:

Werbung:
I think you've proved your mentality with the statement "Vote for the Democrats if you want to help Osama bin Laden, Al Qaeda, the Taliban and all other enemies of America."

This is obviosuly not true but shows how warped your mind has become with fear. You have believed everything racist anti-Muslim bigots have told you. I pity you. I don't like Islam, but I've learnt to make rational decisions and not fear it totally irrationally.

Back