What the hell is wrong with my econ prof?

What's wrong with that? Negro is a perfectly PC-enough word.
You know what's REALLY offensive? When people call me white. I'm not white. I'm more pinkish. And another thing - if I have to be defined by my skin color, then everyone else around me needs to be as well. So from now on, I work with blacks and browns and yellows and reds and whites.

Don't like it? Then stop calling me white. I'm a hyphenated-American just as much as the next guy.

Werbung:
I'm an American, no hyphen. Something wrong if people are still hanging on to a hyphen after more than one or two generations.

You're right. I'm not black, but I have plenty of friends who are. I grew up playing basketball on a predominately black team. Some of my closest friends in the Corps are black. Saggy, I obviously can't prove it, but I would venture to say that I have more black friends than you, a liberal.

That's completely irrelevant.

USMC the Almighty said:
Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you want to live in a hyper-sensitive word where we have to worry that every descriptive word might "offend" someone, I'm not going to stop you.

You don't have to worry about it, that's not what I said. You just don't get to decide what offends people. It doesn't offend me, but it might offend some people. If you choose to say it, that's fine, but you don't get to decide what other people think.

Arent you simply going with Admin choice of what is offensive? He was probably more offended by the comment than the "african American" in the classroom.
Isnt it kind of presumtuous to presume that someone with dark skin identifies themselves with the continent their ancestors came from maybe 15 generations ago?

I never said I find it offensive, or that the word is wrong to use. I'm simply pointing out that USMC doesn't get to decide what offends other people.

Werbung:
You don't have to worry about it, that's not what I said. You just don't get to decide what offends people. It doesn't offend me, but it might offend some people. If you choose to say it, that's fine, but you don't get to decide what other people think.

Okay, who cares. This is a complete non-issue.

Back