What was your first face to face encounter with woke?

Slant Eyed Polack

Mine was about 20 years ago at one of my last radio gigs. We had a Hispanic jock who got her knickers in a twist when I mangled an Hispanic name on the air. My reply that I don't speak Spanish was not persuasive. She filed a complaint (!) and I was written up for being culturally insensitive.

I promptly filed a complaint against the entire staff for their mispronunciation of my surname. It's spelled Kotowski, but is more authentically pronounced Kotofski. That no one does that across the fruited plain is irrelevant. How dare you disrespect my ancestry.

There were no more complaints about my Spanglish after that.

Werbung:
Of being woke or taking advantage of it
Whin8ng about woke and then using the same mechanism is just the same
Nope. Just gave them a taste of their own moronic medicine, which had the practical effect of putting an end to their bullshit. At least with regard to me; nobody tried playing those games with me after that.

Nope. Just gave them a taste of their own moronic medicine, which had the practical effect of putting an end to their bullshit. At least with regard to me; nobody tried playing those games with me after that.
Yep
You could have ignored it, which would have been the mature thing to do instead of playing tit for tat

Yep
You could have ignored it, which would have been the mature thing to do instead of playing tit for tat
You may be wired to bend over for bullshit; more power to you. I refuse. The mature thing to do was for the other jock (whom we'll call Rancid Cow) not to have whined about my failure to roll the Rs when I back announced an Irakere track. Do you think it was mature to have written me up for that?

You may be wired to bend over for bullshit; more power to you. I refuse. The mature thing to do was for the other jock (whom we'll call Rancid Cow) not to have whined about my failure to roll the Rs when I back announced an Irakere track. Do you think it was mature to have written me up for that?
So you decided the mature response was to be immature? Lol

I calculated it would shut them up. Which it did. I won, they lost.

Should I have been written up - yes or no?
I have no idea if your behavior warrante d it duh
All I have is one side of the story duh

Congrats on your victory. You are the man! Lol
I find that people who go through life bring8ng up so called victories from twenty years ago are sad creatures indeed

I have no idea if your behavior warrante d it duh
All I have is one side of the story duh

Congrats on your victory. You are the man! Lol
I find that people who go through life bring8ng up so called victories from twenty years ago are sad creatures indeed
Color me unsurprised you don't have the balls to answer the question, lol.

Color me unsurprised you don't have the balls to answer the question, lol.
I can color you a sad pathetic person if that helps?
Small people love to brag about their small victories

And only a conceited moron would expect an evaluation of a situation from a couple of sentences from one side of the story lol

Color me equally unsurprised that 2nd grade name calling is the best you can do. If you're looking for sad & pathetic, I recommend you consult a mirror.

Your refusal to address the thread topic or the question asked of you indicates you're about as woke as it gets. I suspect you're cheering on the Rancid Cow who was oh-so-offended by my Spanglish.

Werbung:
Color me equally unsurprised that 2nd grade name calling is the best you can do. If you're looking for sad & pathetic, I recommend you consult a mirror.
Best I can do? Not so, I pointed out the fallacy in your post, thinking a fair evaluation could be had from one side of the story
My evaluation of you stands on that basis

Back