Wheels falling off obamacare before its really even going

dogtowner

Staff member
about that preexisting condition thing

if you are not already signed up too damn bad for you suckers.

A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

“Finally, due to growing concerns about the rate of PCIP [Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program] spending, in February 2013, CCIIO [under HHS] suspended PCIP enrollment to ensure the appropriated funding would be sufficient to cover claims for current enrollees through the end of the program,” states the GAO report, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Enrollment and Spending in the Early Retiree Reinsurance and Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Programs.

Werbung:
It must realy piss you off to know sick people can get insurance now...

also you forget that the part that pays for part of it....has not gone into effect...but I know those are just facts....

Just keep rooting for health care to fail....so more and more and have no insurance....rather then hope it works and costs slow and more have coverage...
But I know you would hate that...all those fucking poor people getting health care making you wait 15 min in line.

It must realy piss you off to know sick people can get insurance now...

also you forget that the part that pays for part of it....has not gone into effect...but I know those are just facts....

Just keep rooting for health care to fail....so more and more and have no insurance....rather then hope it works and costs slow and more have coverage...
But I know you would hate that...all those fucking poor people getting health care making you wait 15 min in line.

costs are soaring

the part that pays for pre existing is precisely what has already failed

fewer have coverage already, insurance for the poor is up 146% in Cali.

and now we are learningthe numbers who were to be covered is a fraction of billed which itself was tens of millions fewer than the bs purported.

as predicted.

a disaster.

enjoy

They are predicting that Obamacare is going to produce even fewer insured than before the monster became law.

What I also found out is that there are deductibles and out of pocket percentages on the four plans.

Bronze coverage 60%
Silver coverage 70%
Gold coverage 80%
Platinmum coverage 90%

So depending on your income, and which policy you pick your still going to be out of pocket, which will prevent a lot of people from being able to afford the out of pocket and the monthly premiums.

So if someone gets treatment and can't pay the out of pocket expense, who is going to eat the cost?

They are predicting that Obamacare is going to produce even fewer insured than before the monster became law.

What I also found out is that there are deductibles and out of pocket percentages on the four plans.

Bronze coverage 60%
Silver coverage 70%
Gold coverage 80%
Platinmum coverage 90%

So depending on your income, and which policy you pick your still going to be out of pocket, which will prevent a lot of people from being able to afford the out of pocket and the monthly premiums.

So if someone gets treatment and can't pay the out of pocket expense, who is going to eat the cost?

but at least theyll have that card, right ?

assuming they can even afford the bronze. or are even required to buy. fine print is showing lots of loopholes for big biz so that small biz gets slammed and the poorest slammed hardest of all. 2014 is going to be ugly. assuming there are efen exchanges then (not looking good at this time).

but at least theyll have that card, right ?

assuming they can even afford the bronze. or are even required to buy. fine print is showing lots of loopholes for big biz so that small biz gets slammed and the poorest slammed hardest of all. 2014 is going to be ugly. assuming there are efen exchanges then (not looking good at this time).

It must make you happy to think so many will have no insurance...I mean sure you bitch about costs but ignore that they had skyrocketed for years and ignore that the cost reducing parts of the law are not in effect yet...but I know facts...Maybe you will get lucky and a bunch of poor people will die before the end of year so you can get in a bit faster to the Dr..

Its funny for the so called christians who don't give 2 shits about the people with out health care, and what happens to them...Jesus must realy look at you guys and think...how the fuck are these assholes able to scream bloody hell about gays, but care so little about the poor and the sick?

I wounder how many people would have to die per year for you to give a shit? Maybe some old school body's in the street for you.

It must make you happy to think so many will have no insurance...I mean sure you bitch about costs but ignore that they had skyrocketed for years and ignore that the cost reducing parts of the law are not in effect yet...but I know facts...Maybe you will get lucky and a bunch of poor people will die before the end of year so you can get in a bit faster to the Dr..

Its funny for the so called christians who don't give 2 shits about the people with out health care, and what happens to them...Jesus must realy look at you guys and think...how the fuck are these assholes able to scream bloody hell about gays, but care so little about the poor and the sick?

I wounder how many people would have to die per year for you to give a shit? Maybe some old school body's in the street for you.

What are all of these cost saving measures that you are talking about exactly that are about to take effect?

there are no cost reduction provisions just hopes. in fact at every turn it is discovered that the program will drive costs up and far faster than before.

I pay higher ins premiums to defray indigent care costs (since everyone needing care recieves it). but now Ill have to pay for vast new layers of government which will worsten care for all. check your bible and you will notice than Jesus never once tasked government with anything he cared about. ergo obamacare prevents me from doing what I can (as government always does). but you keep beating that foolish dead horse if you wish, says far more about you than it does me.

What are all of these cost saving measures that you are talking about exactly that are about to take effect?

you mean like how a bottom of the line policy for a family of four being $20,000 ?

the only thing specifically mentioned (if you can call it specific) is that some sense of competition will emerge in the currently mythical "exchanges". and this will drive costs down. trouble is that as there isno flexibility on what the policies consist of there really is no competition, everyone will charge the same as its a captive audience.

oh and there are the buracratic death panels who will be dialing back what gets covered. that really does nothing to drive down costs only expenses. and this too will fail (as it has time and again with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement cuts) as they will just jack costs up elsewhere.

in short, nothing has been done to adress the cost curve which is the main reason AMA etc signed on. that alone was reason enough for people to be leary of the sales pitch.

He has a bad case of
Cognitive dissonance,(those two words fit lib's and some conservatives to a tee) it occurs when individuals are confronted by facts which are in conflict with their existing belief systems. This causes people to become quite uncomfortable. They have a choice to make when confronted with an inconvenient fact. (a) They can rationalize away the fact using any number of rationales and escape methods or (b) they can accept the fact as truth and readjust their beliefs.

Cognitive dissonance gets worse for people when a whole body of inconvenient truths and facts are presented or when the truth gets so overwhelming that they can no longer deny the possibility that they might have been wrong all along.

It has been my experience that Liberals choose (a) almost exclusively. They will alter the truth to conform to their beliefs. People rarely let the truth alter their beliefs. This is the heart and soul of cognitive dissonance.

The first step in arresting the harmful effects of cognitive dissonance is realizing that you have it. I had it...

There are millions upon millions of people who adamantly believe fraudulent opinions and who will refuse to bend- even when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This is a dominant feature of politics. This is also a dominant feature of the human condition. Some of the most intelligent people I know- cannot grasp the simple truth that they might be wrong. The tsunami has not come for them. Perhaps it never will.

I don't try to make the best evidence bend to my beliefs anymore- I change my beliefs to accommodate the best evidence.

Does the sun always rise in the east? Not exactly- but I'm not sure it matters. It sure as hell ain't worth arguing about

Werbung:
He has a bad case of
Cognitive dissonance,(those two words fit lib's and some conservatives to a tee) it occurs when individuals are confronted by facts which are in conflict with their existing belief systems. This causes people to become quite uncomfortable. They have a choice to make when confronted with an inconvenient fact. (a) They can rationalize away the fact using any number of rationales and escape methods or (b) they can accept the fact as truth and readjust their beliefs.

Cognitive dissonance gets worse for people when a whole body of inconvenient truths and facts are presented or when the truth gets so overwhelming that they can no longer deny the possibility that they might have been wrong all along.

It has been my experience that Liberals choose (a) almost exclusively. They will alter the truth to conform to their beliefs. People rarely let the truth alter their beliefs. This is the heart and soul of cognitive dissonance.

The first step in arresting the harmful effects of cognitive dissonance is realizing that you have it. I had it...

There are millions upon millions of people who adamantly believe fraudulent opinions and who will refuse to bend- even when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This is a dominant feature of politics. This is also a dominant feature of the human condition. Some of the most intelligent people I know- cannot grasp the simple truth that they might be wrong. The tsunami has not come for them. Perhaps it never will.

I don't try to make the best evidence bend to my beliefs anymore- I change my beliefs to accommodate the best evidence.

Does the sun always rise in the east? Not exactly- but I'm not sure it matters. It sure as hell ain't worth arguing about

little kids will ignore reality when personal desire is the only voice the hear.

most grow up and become less self centered, others call themselves liberals/progressives and refuse to think beyond themselves.

Back