White House Is Said to Debate ’08 Cut in Iraq Troops by 50%

Multigraph

WASHINGTON, May 25 — The Bush administration is developing what are described as concepts for reducing American combat forces in Iraq by as much as half next year, according to senior administration officials in the midst of the internal debate.

Full story here.

A good thing or a bad thing?

Werbung:
Of course they are. Look for the troops to start coming home by the end of the summer of '08, just in time for it to be fresh in the memory of the voters for the elections in November. Both parties will be laying claim to bringing them back.

I have read this before and I still think this is a way to rally the base. Bush and his neo-con followers will not leave Iraq till the oil and all other natural resources are depleted.

Of course they are. Look for the troops to start coming home by the end of the summer of '08, just in time for it to be fresh in the memory of the voters for the elections in November. Both parties will be laying claim to bringing them back.

The 2008 election is still more than a year off and it already has me sick to my stomach.

The 2008 election is still more than a year off and it already has me sick to my stomach.

I can agree with that. I think however that the war mongers will be ousted and rational people will be the new "In Thing". What a f#$cking joke our nation. Just when you think they'll tell the truth.....

Werbung:
Well I'm sure Bush's brain trust has worked out the perfect solution. Double the troop level between now and the election, then cut back the level by 50% and tell everyone he has a "secret plan." Then our wonderful next leader can do an about face and pick up the policy where Bush left off. It will do wonders for the new President's campaign coffers when the Texas Oil Mafia gets done with the new boy (or girl).

Back