Who Earns Minimum Wage?

Hey $10 an hour for unskilled workers is better then Collecting WELFARE-FOOD STAMPS-PUBLIC HOUSING that taxpayers have foot the bill. Make the Rich pay employees more
Ten may be more than they are worth but if uou play your cards right you can do far bsttrr on welfare. Ask acorn.

Werbung:
Ten may be more than they are worth but if uou play your cards right you can do far bsttrr on welfare. Ask acorn.

A recent study showed that, in 32 states, people on welfare earn more than those who work full time at minimum wage.

Hey $10 an hour for unskilled workers is better then Collecting WELFARE-FOOD STAMPS-PUBLIC HOUSING that taxpayers have foot the bill. Make the Rich pay employees more

Okay, raise the minimum wage. Then watch the cost of living rise across the board too.

Not too good for the people on fixed incomes.

Okay, raise the minimum wage. Then watch the cost of living rise across the board too.

Not too good for the people on fixed incomes.
Exactly. Why is it that people think increases in the cost of gooes sold doesnt simply get passes along ? And this has nothing to do with "greedy rich people". The margins will not be sacrificed. Raise taxes ? Cost gets passed along. And it hurts everyone, the poor most of all.

Exactly. Why is it that people think increases in the cost of gooes sold doesnt simply get passes along ? And it hurts everyone, the poor most of all.

Because they are stupid. People today don't seem to understand "cause and effect".

My grandfather wasn't educated, but even as a poor dirt farmer he understood that well. When his costs to raise his crops went up, he had to raise his prices too.

Well I don't have to buy from America. If Wealthy Americans raise prices on their products I can always buy products from China or from Japan.

Well I don't have to buy from America. If Wealthy Americans raise prices on their products I can always buy products from China or from Japan.

Bingo --- if 'wealthy Americans' are forced to pay unreasonable wages, they won't be able to sell their products, and then they will lay off those costly workers ... and nobody wins.

Because they are stupid. People today don't seem to understand "cause and effect".

My grandfather wasn't educated, but even as a poor dirt farmer he understood that well. When his costs to raise his crops went up, he had to raise his prices too.
Yup. Not rocket science is it...

I think most of us agree that people who work should have more than people who do not, and yet, people can make more by staying on welfare than by working at a minimum wage job.

So, raise the minimum wage, but that decreases the demand for minimum wage workers and so fewer people will be able to enter the workforce.

So, decrease the welfare state, but that will decrease the money that the poor have to spend, which will decrease demand, which will decrease the market for consumer goods, which will decrease the number of jobs available.

So decrease the minimum wage, which will also decrease the money that the poor have to spend.... you know the rest.

So, insist that the minimum wage worker improve his skill set so he can earn more money, but then, improving one's skill set is expensive and the minimum wage worker doesn't have a lot of money.

So, make higher education more available to the working poor via student loans and grants, but that makes tuition even more expensive as the institutions providing higher education don't have to stay within what their potential students can afford.

And, of course, automation will raise the standard of living and take the drudgery out of manufacturing, but at the same time decrease the numbers of unskilled jobs available.

and ideology (any sort of ideology) and bumper sticker politics will fix everything.

Higher education is not a requirement, a high school degree has been shown to have a dramatic effect on lifetime earnings. Just stay in school and your time at min will be short.

Working minimum wage is in itself an incentive to want to better oneself. Most people gain job experience and move up within the company or move on to another one. Sometimes people take night courses to improve their positions and some gain work experience, take courses and start their own businesses.

There is no "one size fits all" way to become successful.

Working minimum wage is in itself an incentive to want to better oneself. Most people gain job experience and move up within the company or move on to another one. Sometimes people take night courses to improve their positions and some gain work experience, take courses and start their own businesses.

There is no "one size fits all" way to become successful.
All true right up until going on the dole approaches an equal option. And we are past that for many.

All true right up until going on the dole approaches an equal option. And we are past that for many.

People have been on dole ever since I can remember. Welfare is a way of life for many and it's generational. Having kids out of wedlock is the ticket, and the more kids they have the more money they make.

I remember watching a 60 minutes program about the welfare problem, and I'm talking many, many years ago. A single mom who had several kids, one of her kids was fifteen, and she was pregnant. It just goes on and on.

Werbung:
Higher education is not a requirement, a high school degree has been shown to have a dramatic effect on lifetime earnings. Just stay in school and your time at min will be short.

Well the education system has failed our children because of greed from teachers unions. I think teachers should be fired because of their job performance. But Teachers unions will not allow you fire teachers. I think they should be fired like Head Coaches and Baseball managers do when your team suck. Learn from George Steinbrenner, Vince McMahon and Donald Trump. If you fail in your performance you get fired. If your class is failing grades then the teacher gets fired.

Back