Who from history would you invite to dinner?

Werbung:
Yep, that'd be him. In my opinion, he was the most logical of all the spiritual leaders. In fact that a lot of what he taught can coexist with other religions without a problem. Gotta like thie guy right?
After dinner I'm hoping for a game of dominoes with the B man.

Yep, that'd be him. In my opinion, he was the most logical of all the spiritual leaders. In fact that a lot of what he taught can coexist with other religions without a problem. Gotta like thie guy right?
After dinner I'm hoping for a game of dominoes with the B man.

I think I'd go more for chess; of course you'd have to teach him how first.

yeah, I don't even know how to play dominoes. So maybe chess afterall. What about Wei-chi. that's a pretty simple game in practice, fun too.

Was he that Ranger sniper who was given the Medal of Honor in Mogadishu/1993?
Yeah, Gordon and Shughart were the snipers that died protecting Michael Durant. I've met Durant before, and to hear him talk about the events is extremely inspiring. Honestly, I'd consider them to be the greatest heroes of this generation.

One of the real men of the last century. Saddam Hussein

Right now, Saddam's wherever the real men go; where Pancho Villa went, and Patton, and Richthofen. Not heaven, but someplace way, way better.

Werbung:
What's your reason for it?

Fact is, the longer we stay in Iraq the better Saddam looks. He never had a tenth of our money or weaponry but he did what we can't: kept that bag of snakes in order.

Damn, did you see that cellphone video of his death? A bunch of Shia monkeys in ski masks woofing at him, safe behind their masks, with Saddam handcuffed and under guard, woofing like cockapoos at a pit bull heading for the Pound's death cell. And Saddam laughed at them, especially when they chanted the name of their pissant Imam, Moqtada al-Sadr. You can hear him on that jerky cellphone video sneering, "Moqtada?" And Saddam earned the right to laugh; he killed Sadr Sr. and kept Junior so terrified he didn't dare show his fat face until Saddam was gone and only the wimp occupiers were in charge.

Saddam told the ski-mask monkeys they weren't real men. And he had the right to say that too. Call him what you want, but Saddam was a man, a real man. One of the last. To me, watching that execution was like watching Planet of the Apes: a bunch of de-evolved primates killing the last man. Saddam looked like the 20th century in that overcoat and hat. He'd lost weight in prison. Never flinched, not once. You try that: going to the gallows with your blood enemies screaming insults at you. See if you can hold your bladder, never mind answer back as fast and calm as he did.

The 20th was a good century, bloody and unbowed, as the man said. We're going to miss it when it's gone. It's hanging on in places here and there at the edge of the office world, but we're doing our best to finish it off, and that hanging was a big step in that wrong direction.

Back