Who Is A Christian

Careful mate that puts you in the same camp as your antagonist... and...that's an extremely un-christian point of view if you don't mind me saying so!
Is there a place in the afterlife for making false accusations against someone? Isn't the Bible all about meekness and allowing God to pass judgement upon those that transgress?

Not at all. His claim is that Trump can lie all he wants since "grace" covers the sin. However, Paul wrote that Grace was not permission to sin, rather it was cause not to sin: Romans 6: 1-4; 15-18

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

<skip>

"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

You said I don't understand the teachings of Christ, however, I always assumed that the narrative of Christianity was to offer guidance to those that have lost the path to God and that ultimately it was God that judged the soles of man.... or something like that?

Scripture says to
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine[/size.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 2Timothy 4:1-4

Your narrative in a lot of your coversation is one of distrust and indeed vitriol towards your fellow men.

Only towards liars, etc. Why would one trust a liar? Grumpy said that Trump screwed him out of $25,000 in some deal. One of the signs of a conversion Christianity is to restore those he has screwed to their original place. Has Trump done so? He claims to be a "christian", yet denies any allegation made against him even while he pays millions to settle the lawsuit rather then have to testify in Court. However, that was only in the case that was highly publicized.

Whatever happened to the ethos of forgivness and compassion? You obviously feel hurt and aggrived and you seem to feel the need to launch a counter offensive against those that you feel are tresspassing against you - we live in a world of men who do us much harm and give us cause for impatience, anger, revenge, etc., but surely as a Christian your reaction should not be to strike out against them. Who are you to question the Godliness of someone or despise his words or actions, has not God reserved this prerogative for himself?

Again, you do not understand the teachings of Christianity. 1Corinthians 6: 2-5

"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?"

God will judge the hearts of man in the Last Days Judgement (e.g. Acts 17: 31) . However, until that day comes we are required to judge others by their actions, and their words. How else are we to know the truth? How else are we to avoid the traps Satan has set for man? Yes, we all sin, it is in our nature to do so. And we all judge just as you have. Scripture has said to beware of false prophets, and teachers, and those who go about devouring those who have accepted their falsehoods. As Christ said in Luke 12: 57 "“And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?"

But then again as you say I don't know the teaching of Christ although I wonder based on your perspective whether you need to do some sole searching?

Well, I do not search the "soles" of my shoes, I do search my spiritual soul though.

Werbung:
1 Corinthians 6: 2-5
I don't understand - but then again you already know that. I was interested in exploring "Who are you to question the Godliness of someone or despise his words or actions, has not God reserved this prerogative for himself?"
...and then you quote the above Corinthians passage.... what about the rest of the quote so that you can gain the context of the passage? Dispute resolution within the faith in a godly, humble and forebaring manner and not resorting to external pagan tribunals or courts. Isn't it supposed to hark back to Jews following the Jewish laws when refering to disputes between Jews - Jews would not refer their disputes to a pagan tribunal. Similarly the converted Gentiles being addressed in this passage are being rebuked for bringing their internal disputes to a Gentile court. Its about the method of arbitration amongst believers - forgiveness!!

If you carry on reading that passage it warns about being all puffed up and being above others in wisdom and knowledge. All unrighteousness is sin!! Heavy stuff huh... Anyway young Trapper mi' lad you are not resolving a dispute you are persuing a vendetta against a section of society - which is decidedly un-Christian my good fellow and the wrath of god is waiting to be dumped on your head!

Werbung:
Anyway young Trapper mi' lad you are not resolving a dispute you are persuing a vendetta against a section of society - which is decidedly un-Christian my good fellow and the wrath of god is waiting to be dumped on your head!

Well, you are right in that you do not understand. The Christian faith is in decline, and one of the major reasons why is no one wants to follow the tenets of Christ, and the Apostles. They want to rely on their "opinions". And it is kind of hard to solve a "dispute" when one side continues to ignore scripture, and then claims, as you just did, that one is on a "vendetta" when they tell the truth, and point out the error of others ways. Christ did the same thing in numerous teachings of His, so maybe He was on a vendetta against Jews especially the Pharisees, etc.

So, if God wishes to pour out His wrath on my head for speaking the truth, then so be it. It will be far worse for those who ignore Gods truth in favor of their fables.

By the way, do you know any of the teachings about Christian Separation?

For starters http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer's Corner/christian_separation.htm

Back