1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Who thinks this Post should be on the Conspiracy Thread..and Why?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by KeepOurFreedoms, Jul 31, 2007.

?

Should the Post listed be on the Conspiracy board?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. no there is not

2. 9 is a big boy he dosent need a worm like you speaking for him......you arent even qualified to hold his jockstrap in my book

3. USMC the Almighty

USMC the Almighty Well-Known Member

Yes there is.

4. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Not likely

5. USMC the Almighty

Who's right to speak out has been infringed upon? And moving a thread from one forum to another doesn't count.

6. TruthAboveAll

TruthAboveAll Well-Known Member

USMC, thank you for bringing this issue to discussion. Since Roker and Keep... seem to question whether freedom of speech is honored here, I'm guessing they would also be outraged if they were arrested after crying "Fire!" in a packed theater.

Freedom of speech is only in effect where the government is concerned. I think it is fully reasonable to try to direct, or re-direct, specific threads to the appropriate category.

"Conspiracy" implies collusion, involving two or more persons; "Theory" is conjectural summary of a proposed explanation.

My heart goes out to the man, the subject of the video. (Yes, I did watch it.) He has real, tangible physical problems. He also has many emotional problems. Many of his "observations" about events on 9/11 were his personal assessments, based on his knowledge, perspective and beliefs.

This is not nearly sufficient as evidence. Put it this way. If you can imagine the nature of what he is saying, then juxtapose it into a one-on-one situation where a lawsuit was involved, no judge or jury would find on his behalf. The medical condition part? Definitely provable. The EPA's evaluation of air quality? That's iffy, but could possibly stand up. (Iffy, because this truly was an unprecedented event and there were factors even the EPA in their all-knowing, all-responsible position couldn't possibly qualify.)

Everything else, however, would be thrown out unless there were significant corroboration. So until the time that something definitive emerges as solid evidence, this is a subject that by definition must go to the Conspiracy Theory category. By definition, regardless what you, Roker, me... any of us believe.

7. KeepOurFreedoms

KeepOurFreedoms Well-Known Member

!!!!!

8. USMC the Almighty

This is the bottom line. It does't matter what you may think about the validity of the 9/11 story, saying that it was orchestrated by anyone other than the Islamic terrorists is, by definition, a conspiracy theory.

9. "Conspiracy" implies collusion, involving two or more persons; "Theory" is conjectural summary of a proposed explanation.

we have one man .....re-canting his experience on that day
    this does not imply collusion...it dos not fit the defenition of a conspiracy

10. ArmChair General

ArmChair General Well-Known Member

Who's the decider when it comes to what is a 'conspiracy theory'?

11. USMC the Almighty

Merriam-Webster.

12. Castle

Castle Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes, one man making assertions that contradicts so many other accounts. Of course, those that require an alternate accounting of that day will cling to this if, for no other reason, to further their agenda. If you do not wish to be included in this group, I suggest you refrain from your petty personal attacks and focus on providing factual evidence that challenges popular belief.

I make no claims as to the validity of his experience but the facts remain. This is still a theory that does not support the facts as we know them. You are not prevented from stating your opinions on this subject.

A subject that currently belongs where it is.

-Castle

13. how does this mans story fall in the defenition of "conspiracy"

14. how does this mans story fall in the defenition of "conspiracy"

here is from USMC source

Main Entry: con·spir·a·cy
    Pronunciation: k&n-'spir-&-sE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
    Etymology: Middle English conspiracie, from Latin conspirare
    1 : the act of conspiring together
    2 a : an agreement among conspirators b : a group of conspirators
    synonym see PLOT

where does this mans re-canting of the days events fall into the above defenition?

15. USMC the Almighty

Jesus Christ, Roker. KOF clearly posted the video to support the position that 9/11 was an inside job (hence the title of the thread).

The definition of a conspiracy theory, according to Merriam-Webster is "a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators". Saying that 9/11 was perpetrated by the government fits this definition. End of story.