Who would vote for Lou Dobbs for president or anything for that matter?

But it is so much more fun to build fences, and watch the illegals build tunnels under it.

That way, too, we can appear to be in favor of ending illegal immigration, while not actually doing anything to end it, and can blame the other party when they object to spending a pile of money on something that won't actually work.

From the standpoint of party politics, the fence makes a lot more sense than requiring verification of legal status in order to be employed. Why, if we did that, who would take those minimum wage jobs without benefits?

That's the old adage alright... Build a 16 foot fence I'll build an 17 foot ladder.;)

Werbung:

I think I understand why he might run in 2012. I was confused because it was clear he could not win anything, but this new rasmussen report helped me understand.

Dobbs in 2012 Gets Up to 14% of Vote, Hurts GOP Chances
Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs has indicated that he might consider an independent bid for the White House in 2012, and early polling shows he could attract up to 14% of the vote. However, some of that is almost certainly a generic protest vote as an unnamed “some other candidate” picks up between six percent (6%) and nine percent (9%) of the vote in similar 2012 match-ups.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that if the choice is between President Obama, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Dobbs, Obama leads 42% to 34% with Dobbs pulling 14% of the vote.

With Mike Huckabee as the Republican nominee, Obama leads 42% to 36%, with Dobbs at 12%.

If Sarah Palin is the GOP nominee, it’s Obama 44%, Palin 37% and Dobbs 12%.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

Obviously, it’s way too early to evaluate the political environment for the 2012 election, and it’s important to remember that four years ago Obama would not have been considered a serious national challenger for 2008. For Dobbs, the data shows how improbable such an independent bid could be.

With Dobbs out of the equation, Obama and Romney are tied at 44%, Obama leads Huckabee 45% to 41%, and the president leads Palin 46% to 43%.

The similarity of results regardless of the GOP hopeful suggests that voters currently see the question simply as a referendum on the president. The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll shows that Obama’s ratings have recently fallen to the lowest levels of his term.

While the president has a long way to go before facing voters again himself, Democrats in Congress don’t have the same luxury. They trail the GOP on the Generic Congressional Ballot,and Democratic senators are struggling in Nevada, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Colorado and Illinois.

Dobbs is currently viewed favorably by 33% of likely voters nationwide and unfavorably by 42%. However, most of the opinions about him are soft. Just seven percent (7%) have a Very Favorable view and 16% hold a Very Unfavorable opinion.

For Romney, the numbers are 49% favorable and 38% unfavorable (14% Very Favorable, 10% Very Unfavorable).

Huckabee is better like with 58% offering a positive assessment and 30% negative, including 21% Very Favorable and 13% Very Unfavorable.

Opinions are strongest about Palin. Overall, her numbers come in at 46% favorable and 49% unfavorable. Those numbers include 27% with a Very Favorable opinion and 31% with a Very Unfavorable view.

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free) or follow us on Twitter or Facebook. Let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

See survey questions and toplines . Crosstabs are available to Premium Members only.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._2012_gets_up_to_14_of_vote_hurts_gop_chances

or use a small shovel...or in the case of mythbusters...also some tin snips and you can just go right threw...

and don't forget to hire illegals to build it,.

Ain't it a shame that the last administration forgot about the surplus of scrap metal laying around the junk car lots/salvage yards that could have been utilized for that border fence...can't you just visualize the American version of the 'GREAT WALL'...a line of stacked crushed vehicles 2 deep by 6 stacks high! :eek:

WOW, what better use for those recycled excess old clunkers that we manage to over produce;)

I think I understand why he might run in 2012. I was confused because it was clear he could not win anything, but this new rasmussen report helped me understand.
I assume you are suggesting he would play the spoiler role and ensure the Obama victory.

democrat victory, yes...

Till I read that story I seriously could not think of a reason why he would run

You seem to be reading much more into that I am. So I aint buying that ticket in any way shape or form right now. What does he have to gain by subjecting himself to the scrutiny of a national campaign that he would surely lose and likely ensure victory to someone who he doesnt support? Doesnt make much sense to me.

Either way, just in case he does run, Ill get the party started.
*BREAKING NEWS*
I read on a forum once about this Peruvian guy who walked across the border with a bunch of illegal Mexicans, and was picked up in El Paso by Lou Dobbs in a limo and Lou Dobbs did heroin by shooting it into eyes. Then he had all kinds of gay sex with everyone.

You heard it here first folks! Send this to ten people who support Sarah Palin.

You seem to be reading much more into that I am. So I aint buying that ticket in any way shape or form right now. What does he have to gain by subjecting himself to the scrutiny of a national campaign that he would surely lose and likely ensure victory to someone who he doesnt support? Doesnt make much sense to me.

*BREAKING NEWS*
I read on a forum once about this Peruvian guy who walked across the border with a bunch of illegal Mexicans, and was picked up in El Paso by Lou Dobbs in a limo and Lou Dobbs did heroin by shooting it into eyes. Then he had all kinds of gay sex with everyone.

Hey Pandora, did you hear Lou Dobbs did heroin in the back of a limo with a illigal alien? trust me its real, and don't worry about that fact that guy who said it on you tube has a arrest record a mile long about lies to the cops and is wanted my the mexican drug runners.....Pass it on

Hey Pandora, did you hear Lou Dobbs did heroin in the back of a limo with a illigal alien? trust me its real, and don't worry about that fact that guy who said it on you tube has a arrest record a mile long about lies to the cops and is wanted my the mexican drug runners.....Pass it on

when the guy passes a lie detector test Ill start listening, or when a second guy who went to church with Lou says the same thing then gets shot execution style, Ill start listening :)

*BREAKING NEWS*

Yeah I am sure he is considering a run because he knows he has a good chance of winning

*BREAKING NEWS*

Not only that, but he converted to Islam, the religion of his real birth country, Iran. Pass it on.

Werbung:
Pandora , please though, let me know how he is going to run as a right wing spoiler...by moving left on Imigration...( also who on the left realy likes him that much? not anyone I know

Do you think that everyone who is not a liberal is against imigration?

I was reading on this forum and a few other places that evil republicans like illegal imigration because they get slave labor dirt cheap. I would assume some of those evil republicans wanting dirt cheap slave labor would like Lou Dobbs, especially since many republicans are really very liberal in many areas. Think about mccain and even President Bush... they both tried to push amnisty and they were .............republicans!

Istead of you guys making fun of the idea that lou dobbs might be thinking of a presidential run to be a spoiler, why not instead say who you think his base is and explain how he figures he has even a small chance in hell of pulling it off?

Back