Why does god like the devil more than he likes humans?

I might give a damn about what you think............ IF you ever decide to THINK instead of just being a loud-mouth, ignorant, bigoted loser. I'll keep an eye out for a rare post in which you use your brain instead of just your bigoted mouth.
I assume everyone has heard of Hanlon’s Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Werbung:
You are on a debating board saying you don't give a shit what anyone else thinks?

Bizarre

I care that loads of people are duped into believing the mythology of religion which then cons them out of their money and gives them false hope.

And in times gone by would have them brutally murdered for thought crimes

So you see the church cares a lot about what you think

Understand this: Most of us have dealt extensively with your kind, you do not live in the same world as the rest of us..your thought processes are utterly alien. No one can have a rational conversation with you; the discussion will always turn on them and what you will do to make youself seem better than everyone else. You can only feign empathy, because you cannot experience it, and faking it is a means to an end. There is no successful treatment for this disorder, unless you recognize it as a problem. Arguments about the Constitution, the Declaration, natural rights, rational thought or “common decency” are meaningless to you unless we somehow satisfy your pathological desires.

I might give a damn about what you think............ IF you ever decide to THINK instead of just being a loud-mouth, ignorant, bigoted loser. I'll keep an eye out for a rare post in which you use your brain instead of just your bigoted mouth.
I recieved this in an e-mail... In politics, never attribute to malice or stupidity that which is adequately explained by narcissism.

So you believe in a beardy guy who lives in the sky

Because of a book that says people lived to be 800 years of age

That says the sun goes round the earth

That snakes can talk to humans

And I'm the irrational one?

I suppose you have to try that tack as defending the 800 year old people story is probably even too ridiculous for Christians

Shame god couldn't write an accurate loving book instead a collection of viciousness and lies

I reckon god hates Christians which is why he has made being one so ludicrous

Shame god couldn't write an accurate loving book instead a collection of viciousness and lies

I reckon god hates Christians which is why he has made being one so ludicrous

Vicious, un-loving, and ludicrous lies?? You mean like, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and despise you." This is the kind of un-loving, vicious lies you mean????? You're very ..... uninformed!

What about burning people for eternity for turning out exactly how you knew they would?

Often for thought crimes

What about drowning almost everyone on earth including children and babies because a few people broke the rules?

What about making a world so badly that it would need you to have a son who had to be tortured and brutally murdered when nobody forced you to make it that way

What about saying that practising gays should be executed?

Etc

And as for the lies I don't know where to start

Let's just ask why god is so ignorant that he doesn't know that the earth goes round the sun?

God is clearly not only viscious but massively ignorant too

Which explains a lot about his followers

I keep trying to educate you, but you continue to be a hypocritical dunce. You tell us that God doesn't exist. You then tell us that HE is vicious. Something or someone that/who doesn't exist cannot have intentions of any kind. You then imply that His followers embrace the viciousness that you've attrributed to this non-existent deity. YOU are the one attacking Christians and Jews for their beliefs. I haven't see those vicious followers of God attacking you for being an atheist!! The attacks you've received have been directed toward your simple-minded, bigoted, and hateful attacks on those of faith. You know what intelligent members think of your hateful bigotry, so I don't have to repeat our sentiments..... do I?

Ahh now jprd I thought you might be bright enough to see what I am doing

God doesn't exist, that is obvious

But my point is that even if he did he would be, judging from the bible, a vicious devil loving dickhead

Which is actually yet more proof that the god you describe doesn't exist

Am I expecting too much of you jprd?

Ahh now jprd I thought you might be bright enough to see what I am doing

Rest assured that I am definitely bright enough to see what you're doing.

God doesn't exist, that is obvious

The non-existence of God is only "obvious" to those with small minds. Perceiving the universe as a spontaneously-generated entity created from nothingness is a simple-minded concept. It takes far more FAITH to believe our universe exists in a sea of nothingness, than it takes to believe in God!

But my point is that even if he did he would be, judging from the bible, a vicious devil loving dickhead

The New Testament speaks to the forgiveness of those who persecute you, and to the responsibilities of Christians to care for those less fortunate. If you see such concepts to be vicious and devil-like, you should perhaps consult a dictionary.

Am I expecting too much of you jprd?

Never fear that your "intellect" will ever become too much for me to handle! If you want to win a debate, I suggest you challenge a shrub..... a very small shrub. You might have a chance of winning that debate? Shrubs are as incapable of intelligent thought as you are. ;)

Oh dear, you missed out al, the drownings and plagues and hell

And as for creating the devil?

God is seriously evil. A dictator and a tyrant

No wonder you like him so much

I can understand your reasoning, but I would challenge your premise. Your premise is that the Devil actually won against God, which you base on the existence of Hell and evil.

This premise would assume that:
A. If God were all-knowing, he wouldn't create evil.
B. God is doing nothing

These are some issues that I have dealt with as I have journeyed back to faith. What I found in my answer is that:
A. Assuming that evil shouldn't exist is a statement about how humans believe the universe should run. Of course, humans would assume that because God is good, there should be no evil. How would you define "good" if that is the only option is "good". A higher ethic (in my opinion) is to choose good while evil exists (that whole "free choice" argument). This exists in all of the major religions.

B. God is doing nothing. As a person of faith, of course, I would say that God is actually doing a lot. The evidence depends on who you believe "God" is and what you believe "God" should or can do. If you don't believe in God, no amount of evidence will convince you. If you do believe in God, everything can be used to support it.

In short, evil either has to be part of an all-knowing God's plan or a mistake. Either way, all of us humans have to try to live together the best way we know how.

I can understand your reasoning, but I would challenge your premise. Your premise is that the Devil actually won against God, which you base on the existence of Hell and evil.

This premise would assume that:
A. If God were all-knowing, he wouldn't create evil.
B. God is doing nothing

These are some issues that I have dealt with as I have journeyed back to faith. What I found in my answer is that:
A. Assuming that evil shouldn't exist is a statement about how humans believe the universe should run. Of course, humans would assume that because God is good, there should be no evil. How would you define "good" if that is the only option is "good". A higher ethic (in my opinion) is to choose good while evil exists (that whole "free choice" argument). This exists in all of the major religions.

B. God is doing nothing. As a person of faith, of course, I would say that God is actually doing a lot. The evidence depends on who you believe "God" is and what you believe "God" should or can do. If you don't believe in God, no amount of evidence will convince you. If you do believe in God, everything can be used to support it.

In short, evil either has to be part of an all-knowing God's plan or a mistake. Either way, all of us humans have to try to live together the best way we know how.
Yes Sir.... I want to nurture environments where people can openly disagree without fear of being caricatured, labeled, or demonized. I favor a tone of tolerance, especially in a world where every subject, it seems, is a heated one—politics, religion, sexuality, privilege and poverty, faith and reason—name your poison.

Werbung:
Yes Sir.... I want to nurture environments where people can openly disagree without fear of being caricatured, labeled, or demonized. I favor a tone of tolerance, especially in a world where every subject, it seems, is a heated one—politics, religion, sexuality, privilege and poverty, faith and reason—name your poison.
I wholeheartedly agree with you! There is already enough fear-mongering and bashing on TV, radio, social media, and other aspects of the Internet. If we want to build better dialogue, we have to actively create and practice it!

Back