Why does our Media televise Royal events but the British media doesnt televise American events?

Stveox, Yes we do have the Supper Bowl on TV here. However because of the time difference it is on late at night so few watch it. Do you see Australian football there?

Yeah,,But its never live. ESPN cuts it up to make room for an 2 hour telecast. But However Cricket and Rugby are never on American TV

Werbung:
England has come back lately. I can live without rugby.
I wonder if Americans could concentrate long enough to watch a Test Cricket match. It goes on for days. If even takes a long time to decide if you are out (see Aus1022 you tube). I afraid I have never seen a complete super bowl for the same reason it takes too long if you are not interested, late at night. Even the Royal events were watch more in replay in Australia for at least they were on at a reasonable time.

I wonder if Americans could concentrate long enough to watch a Test Cricket match. It goes on for days. If even takes a long time to decide if you are out (see Aus1022 you tube). I afraid I have never seen a complete super bowl for the same reason it takes too long if you are not interested, late at night. Even the Royal events were watch more in replay in Australia for at least they were on at a reasonable time.

of course. its popular in parts of the country (we used to be something of a force in it back in the day. we WERE a colony at one point and some things persevere. of course if you dont understand the game not much chance. quite a few amateur leagues here now too (they obviously don't play test) my niece's husband plays on one (he's Bahamian/English). loads of indians here too as well as South Africans (at least where I live) and more than a few West Indians.

I am sure The Brits will watch the presidential inauguration and the 4th of July celebrations in the news. In Australia we will do the same. But we are also interested in Asian celebrations as most of our tourists come from Asia.

I am sure The Brits will watch the presidential inauguration and the 4th of July celebrations in the news. In Australia we will do the same. But we are also interested in Asian celebrations as most of our tourists come from Asia.

makes sense. I'm still ion mourning Steve Irwin's untimely death.

Ever watch NFL football during playoffs if it goes into overtime? It can be a very long game. You see in reg season game it team doesnt score in Sudden Death it goes as a tie. But in Playoffs if team doesnt score in first sudden death it goes in 2nd sudden death. If nobody scores youll have an 2nd halftime. Then another coin toss. If team doesnt score in 3rd suden death it goes in 4th sudden death and the process starts all over until someone scores. The Longest NFL game was between Oakland vs Baltimore 1977 divisonal plasyoff game 2 sudden death overtime quarters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_to_the_Post

Ever watch NFL football during playoffs if it goes into overtime? It can be a very long game. You see in reg season game it team doesnt score in Sudden Death it goes as a tie. But in Playoffs if team doesnt score in first sudden death it goes in 2nd sudden death. If nobody scores youll have an 2nd halftime. Then another coin toss. If team doesnt score in 3rd suden death it goes in 4th sudden death and the process starts all over until someone scores. The Longest NFL game was between Oakland vs Baltimore 1977 divisonal plasyoff game 2 sudden death overtime quarters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_to_the_Post
I think Cricket Test matches go for longer than your NFL football. Also why do your players were helmets and long pants in your football. Our is just as rough but we do not wear helmets and wear shorts.

Attachments

• football photoes 1950s 003.jpg
    football photoes 1950s 003.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 2
Werbung:
I think Cricket Test matches go for longer than your NFL football. Also why do your players were helmets and long pants in your football. Our is just as rough but we do not wear helmets and wear shorts.

aussie players in helmets and long pants. used to wear ties too. I think Steve does not realize that it goes on for 5 days and that there may be no outcome even then. : )

but perhaps you meant ausie rules "football". we hit hard in NFL yours is a contact sport (akin to our NBA with smallish guys), ours in a collision sport.

cricketshot.jpg
australian_all_rounder_andrew_symonds_photo_by_nzp_3173067214.jpg

Back