Why Gloomy Pundits and Politicians Are Wrong About America's Education System

The Great Thomas Sowell knows about the indoctrination of the kiddies in the government run schools. Do you really think a school board member can stop this shit?

You were an educator who likely contributed to the indoctrination and may not have even known it.
I've never heard of Howard Zinn or his book.

Which state is using it as a history text?

Werbung:
And you are an educator......:confused:o_O
Correct, and you are not.

Which state is using the history text cited in your opinion piece? This one is not.

Opinions unsupported by facts are worthless. That is one of the concepts covered in what the bureaucracy chooses to call "critical thinking skills".

Once once acquires some of those skills, indoctrination becomes more difficult. Perhaps that is why the dittoheads hate public education. What do you think?

Correct, and you are not.

Which state is using the history text cited in your opinion piece? This one is not.

Opinions unsupported by facts are worthless. That is one of the concepts covered in what the bureaucracy chooses to call "critical thinking skills".

Once once acquires some of those skills, indoctrination becomes more difficult. Perhaps that is why the dittoheads hate public education. What do you think?

looks like more of a college tome as opposed to k-12. maybe some private hs. but as an alternate view jud
st doesnt fit the mold.

Come on you two....

The book is the most used history book in the government schools....nationwide.....that is secondary p-schools....over 2 millions copies sold. Zinn also has a nice book for junior high students so as to indoctrinate them too....
ttp://www.eagleforum.org/psr/2010/nov10/psrnov10.html
http://zinnedproject.org/about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_People's_History_of_the_United_States
http://www.amazon.com/Peoples-History-United-States-Vol/dp/1565847245/ref=pd_sim_b_4
http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/
Here are the standards adopted by the admittedly liberal state of California for K - 12 education. Looking at history/social science, I don't see any mention of Zinn or his book. I've never used it, hadn't even heard of it.

Why don't you take a look at those standards, which constitute the curriculum taught in this liberal state of California and point out what you view as "liberal indoctrination."

Come on you two....

The book is the most used history book in the government schools....nationwide.....that is secondary p-schools....over 2 millions copies sold. Zinn also has a nice book for junior high students so as to indoctrinate them too....
ttp://www.eagleforum.org/psr/2010/nov10/psrnov10.html
http://zinnedproject.org/about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_People's_History_of_the_United_States
http://www.amazon.com/Peoples-History-United-States-Vol/dp/1565847245/ref=pd_sim_b_4

doesnt show.in the college text exchanges i looked at and amazon was the.only vendor i saw. not typical.
need some real numbers as.

Here are the standards adopted by the admittedly liberal state of California for K - 12 education. Looking at history/social science, I don't see any mention of Zinn or his book. I've never used it, hadn't even heard of it.

Oh crap, it's worse than I thought. That link goes to "Common Core Standards". This is a Chicago brainchild, probably by Obummer's terrorist buddy Bill Ayers.

Terrorist Professor Bill Ayers and Obama’s Federal School Curriculum

Michelle Malkin: Readin’, Writin’ and Deconstructionism Rotten to Common Core

Oh crap, it's worse than I thought. That link goes to "Common Core Standards". This is a Chicago brainchild, probably by Obummer's terrorist buddy Bill Ayers.

Terrorist Professor Bill Ayers and Obama’s Federal School Curriculum

Michelle Malkin: Readin’, Writin’ and Deconstructionism Rotten to Common Core

Good catch...Common Core is an effort by the Feds under BO to impose upon ALL the nations schools K-12, the feds curriculum. So much for the school boards controlling the schools.

Imagine America with a Bill Ayers developed k-12 curriculum.

Leftism can only survive if the populace is unable to think and reason. They have succeeded.

You can easily check to see whether California's state standards were written in Chicago by Bill Ayres. Just put your cursor on the B, then drag it over to the S and you'll see.

B Holy crap! Some people will believe anything! S

Now that that's settled, what part of the California State Standards is "liberal indoctrination?"

You can easily check to see whether California's state standards were written in Chicago by Bill Ayres. Just put your cursor on the B, then drag it over to the S and you'll see.

B Holy crap! Some people will believe anything! S

Now that that's settled, what part of the California State Standards is "liberal indoctrination?"

I see your not inclined to research a subject.

I was talking about the link you provided. First words were "Common Core" Standards. Call it BS if you want to, but apparently there are 45 states that have signed onto it including DC. It is a federal dictate as to the curriculum that states must teach to. States cannot change it, nor add more than 15% to it. As a teacher and parent, I wouldn't think this plan would make you very happy.

Also, Indiana is trying to get out of it.

Truth in American Education

I see your not inclined to research a subject.

I was talking about the link you provided. First words were "Common Core" Standards. Call it BS if you want to, but apparently there are 45 states that have signed onto it including DC. It is a federal dictate as to the curriculum that states must teach to. States cannot change it, nor add more than 15% to it. As a teacher and parent, I wouldn't think this plan would make you very happy.

Also, Indiana is trying to get out of it.

Truth in American Education

The link I provided was to the standards adopted by the California State Board of Education. It had nothing to do with "algebraic thinking" that your link led to.

There is nothing in the state standards that represents "liberal indoctrination." If I'm wrong, point it out.

Werbung:
Since we keep ignoring what is actually written in the state standards, and instead making claims of how "liberals" have taken over, let me quote one of the standards at random. Feel free to point out where the liberal indoctrination is in this statement:

From the math standards:

PicExportError
Develop fluency in basic computational skills.
PicExportError
Develop an understanding of mathematical concepts.
PicExportError
Become mathematical problem solvers who can recognize and solve routine problems readily and can find ways to reach a solution or goal where no routine path is apparent.
PicExportError
Communicate precisely about quantities, logical relationships, and unknown values through the use of signs, symbols, models, graphs, and mathematical terms.
PicExportError
Reason mathematically by gathering data, analyzing evidence, and building arguments to support or refute hypotheses.
PicExportError
Make connections among mathematical ideas and between mathematics and other disciplines.

Is fluency in basic computational skills a liberal value? How about developing an understanding of mathematical concepts?

If you can't find it there , feel free to peruse the rest of the document and please, if there is a goal of indoctrinating students into a liberal philosophy, point it out. The State board of Education needs to know, so they can revise the goals of the school system.

Back