Why SHOULDN'T Kevin McCarthy become the new House Speaker aside from his lack of mental horsepower?

He has a head start on knowing his way around the House chamber.

Charles Eugene "Chip" Roy (born August 7, 1972) is an American attorney and politician serving as the U.S. representative for Texas's 21st congressional district. A member of the Republican Party, Roy took office on January 3, 2019. Before his election to Congress, he served as chief of staff to Senator Ted Cruz and as first assistant attorney general of Texas.

Chip Roy
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Texas's 21st district
Personal details
Chip Roy, official portrait, 116th Congress.jpg
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 2019
Preceded byLamar Smith
BornCharles Eugene Roy
August 7, 1972 (age 50)
Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.
Political partyRepublican
SpouseCarrah Key

(m. 2004

[...]

Though initially Roy saw politics "as an avocation, a sort of interest, but not something I would do anytime soon, if ever",[2] his mind began to change when, while still in law school, he began working for then-Texas attorney general John Cornyn on his 2002 campaign for the United States Senate.[5][6] After the September 11 attacks, Roy reflected on his goals. "I was in law school when September 11 happened. I will always remember that moment, crystallized in my head. That had a lot to do with my commitment to public service", he has said.[7]

When Cornyn was elected and made vice chairman of the Republican Committee and the Judiciary Committee, Roy served as his staff director and senior counsel. Roy provided counsel for Cornyn and his staff on legislative issues including nominations, intellectual property, crime, civil justice reform and advising him during the immigration reform debates under the George W. Bush administration.[8][9][10] Roy worked for Cornyn until 2009.[6]

Roy returned to Texas as a special assistant in the office of the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas.[11] In 2006, Roy met Ted Cruz, then Texas Solicitor General, during a strategy session discussing the case League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry, a case about redistricting that Cruz argued before the Supreme Court.[9]

Perry administrationEdit

Roy resigned from his job as a special assistant U.S. attorney after six months to be a ghostwriter on then-Governor of Texas Rick Perry's 2010 book Fed Up! and work for Perry's 2012 presidential campaign.[1][8][6]

The book served as a campaign agenda for Perry's campaign, and offered a range of Perry's positions, including criticism of the Social Security system as unconstitutional (calling it "a Ponzi scheme"), changing the election of U.S. senators back to state legislatures (they were made popularly elected by the Seventeenth Amendment), ending life tenure for federal judges, and repealing the 16th Amendment (which allows a federal income tax).[8] The book also denounces as "overreach" federal efforts to regulate health care, labor conditions, energy policy, and pollution.[8] In the book's acknowledgments section, Perry singled out Roy for "special recognition" for resigning his...

Wikipedia

A person with that little time in congress will not get enough support. All these other names get thrown out there and McCarthy still gets 10 times the votes than the others.

Werbung:
A person with that little time in congress will not get enough support. All these other names get thrown out there and McCarthy still gets 10 times the votes than the others.
Trump never held a govt position and was elected POTUS. You're argument doesn't stack up.

Putin impressed Obama with his execution of the "Front man" concept of governing. And we have seen how Obama is, himself, a Front man, and has (on Colbert?) admitted his comfort with the idea of sitting in his basement in his sweats and giving orders to his frontman.

I will think of McCarthy as Trump's front man.

It would work

"And we have seen how Obama is, himself, a Front man, and has (on Colbert?) admitted his comfort with the idea of sitting in his basement in his sweats and giving orders to his frontman.

"we have seen" = "my worthless biased opinion" lol

you think presidents only give orders in suits and ties? lol

Putin impressed Obama with his execution of the "Front man" concept of governing. And we have seen how Obama is, himself, a Front man, and has (on Colbert?) admitted his comfort with the idea of sitting in his basement in his sweats and giving orders to his frontman.

I will think of McCarthy as Trump's front man.

It would work
You'll love this.

well the republicans only took a week to do what everyone else does in a day. lol.

typical republican incompetence at governing.

well the republicans only took a week to do what everyone else does in a day. lol.

typical republican incompetence at
We believe in taking the necessary time to get things RIGHT, not get things quick and WRONG!

Werbung:
Back