Why won't anyone else take the lead??

Abide

My question is

Why does America have to lead the way in every situation??

This comes up in my mind, as on another board I am engaged with a surprisingly large number of Canadians, who are very anti-bush, anti-Iraq war. Which is fine, but they always bring up Darfur, or Rwanda and ***** about "Why didn't America do something there??"
If the people of other countries are really so damn upset about the human rights around the globe, why don't they pressure their own governments, or be critical of their own governments for not sending a military presence into these areas. Why is there never a headline of "Canada to send mass amounts of troops to quell violence in Darfur"?? Why aren't other governments, who by all accounts have decent troop level strength and technology, fighting the people who are violating all these human rights around the globe??
Even our Allies in the war in Iraq, and on Terror are usually just tagging along with US forces. Why does it seem we always have to shoulder the burden, while everybody criticizes us for another atrocity taking place somewhere else, without taking any action themselves??

Werbung:
That's a great question and like Interested, I'll be damned if I know.

Why does the UN rely on the U.S. more heavily for military and financial support than virtually all of the other countries combined? And worst of all, they don't even help us and instead pass resolutions condemning the U.S.

We have to take the lead because no one else can. For a very long time, the US had a clear vision of the "right" thing to do. Sadly, that vision is being lost to modern liberalism and the cult of the self and America's greatness will diminish as our knowledge of what is right and our willingness to do it fades.

Werbung:
That's a great question and like Interested, I'll be damned if I know.

Why does the UN rely on the U.S. more heavily for military and financial support than virtually all of the other countries combined? And worst of all, they don't even help us and instead pass resolutions condemning the U.S.

The UN is a waste of bumwipe. I can't believe how much we contribute to it and for what.

Back