Would you be against deferments for a Draft???

Hey....you're the one, stupid-enough, to suggest we could Win, in Iran!!!!!

249.gif

image1304134g.jpg

Of course what I said was that we could win a conventional war, and I noted we would have a problem with an occupation...

I suppose in your enduring brilliance you overlooked that? Or perhaps you just lie?

Werbung:
Of course what I said was that we could win a conventional war, and I noted we would have a problem with an occupation...

I suppose in your enduring brilliance you overlooked that?
Not at all!

You don't appear someone who's got much experience with either scenerio.

You seem more like someone who's parents leave him home, alone...a lot.

:rolleyes:

I suppose in your enduring brilliance you overlooked that? Or perhaps you just lie?

Do you see much chance of a we blow things up and then run away war though? Send no ground troops in, or just hope for a coup and some good leadership pops up and takes over? Also that no effect would be found on Iraq ( as Iran more then likey would attack tragets in Iraq as well ( I know if I was Iran I would rain scuds and silk worms on bagdad) in such a event. we sent far far to few troops in to Iraq....and it was a pre beaten army for the most part. Iran has a real military, and troops that will actuly fight...And with that many troops tied up, you know North Korea is just going to do what it wants with no fear ...I think war 4 at same time would be pretty much a no go.

Not at all!

You don't appear someone who's got much experience with either scenerio.

You seem more like someone who's parents leave him home, alone...a lot.

:rolleyes:

Do list your vast foreign policy experience for us all. I am anxiously awaiting.

Do you see much chance of a we blow things up and then run away war though? Send no ground troops in, or just hope for a coup and some good leadership pops up and takes over?

If we do send in ground troops to Iran, someone in DC has lost their mind.

Also that no effect would be found on Iraq ( as Iran more then likey would attack tragets in Iraq as well ( I know if I was Iran I would rain scuds and silk worms on bagdad) in such a event.

Really? If I was Iran I would hit Saudi Arabia first.

we sent far far to few troops in to Iraq....and it was a pre beaten army for the most part. Iran has a real military, and troops that will actuly fight...And with that many troops tied up, you know North Korea is just going to do what it wants with no fear ...I think war 4 at same time would be pretty much a no go.

We did not send in to few troops, we just botched the ensuing occupation.

As for Iran having a "real" military, outside of the Revolutionary Guard, they are not exactly an impressive force. But you are correct, we sure do not need to be involved in four wars, and the odds are slim that we do anything about Iran in my opinion, unless we get a lot of International support.

The problem is the definition of winning. If you mean conquering then it would cost us dearly in lives and $. If we're talking about effectively debilitating their military capability, power infrastructure, nuclear enrichment plants, and their communications. Then we could do that with very little risk.

The key is that unlike Iraq, there is a strong contingent of Iranians just waiting for an opportunity to bring the country into the 21st century politically, socially, and economically.

Why do you say it is likely we will have a draft here soon?

How many times do we need to send our troops over seas on multiple tours? Seriously. We recycle garbage not our troops. I think it is time for a draft and I know some of you don't want it but its time that more Americans know the true meaning of sacrifice and duty to ones country. I did my time in the military and would gladly do it again with no problem. But the time has come for a draft and we all need to come to grips with it and accept it. Our all volunteer military is being stretched too thin and we can't be in denial about it anymore. :mad:

You would have to speed up deployments again, but you could use a lot of the soldiers already in Iraq, as well as air and sea power in the Gulf to win a conventional war.

I have a question for you and it the $64,000 dollar one too? what makes you think other countries particularly CHINA would stand by and just let us invade IRAN? I mean seriously? That is a scenario that would frighting the hell out of a lot of people and not to mention our forces wouldn't last long in a conflict of that magnitude being stretched out the way they are currently. Remember what a Chinese General said about a War with the U.S. "they could beat us in the Air, Ground, and Sea but at the expense of a couple million people and the lost of a majority of their cities". Lets not pretend we can just go in and not expect a country like CHINA or Russia for that matter to not sit back and finally say enough. CHINA doesn't have a problem sacrificing good relationships with the U.S. and I can remember what they have said about IRAN numerous times. They may support us on sanctions but they also have oil fields in that country too and I don't think they want us that close to what is theirs. We need to tread lightly and while I know we have a powerful military, on the other hand IRAN will not be easy.

The problem is the definition of winning. If you mean conquering then it would cost us dearly in lives and $. If we're talking about effectively debilitating their military capability, power infrastructure, nuclear enrichment plants, and their communications. Then we could do that with very little risk.

The key is that unlike Iraq, there is a strong contingent of Iranians just waiting for an opportunity to bring the country into the 21st century politically, socially, and economically.

The problem is, those same people if we attack, many will turn on us First...leave fighting each other for 2nd...And before they have a chance....there will be many many many dead Iranians that will have pissed them off . As much as I hated Bush...if someone tried to Invade to save us from him? I would try to kill evry single one that stepped on US soil....Save dealing with the Right for after.

I have a question for you and it the $64,000 dollar one too? what makes you think other countries particularly CHINA would stand by and just let us invade IRAN? I mean seriously? That is a scenario that would frighting the hell out of a lot of people and not to mention our forces wouldn't last long in a conflict of that magnitude being stretched out the way they are currently. Remember what a Chinese General said about a War with the U.S. "they could beat us in the Air, Ground, and Sea but at the expense of a couple million people and the lost of a majority of their cities".

The Chinese could probably beat us at land due to sheer numbers, but in the air they lag, and their Navy is pathetic. Further, if the scenario goes nuclear, China would lose dramatically, they have a very limited capability that can reach the United States.

Further, China will stand by and let us invade Iran (which would be idiotic on our part) because our economy will trump Iranian oil.

Lets not pretend we can just go in and not expect a country like CHINA or Russia for that matter to not sit back and finally say enough. CHINA doesn't have a problem sacrificing good relationships with the U.S. and I can remember what they have said about IRAN numerous times. They may support us on sanctions but they also have oil fields in that country too and I don't think they want us that close to what is theirs. We need to tread lightly and while I know we have a powerful military, on the other hand IRAN will not be easy.

I agree, I would totally oppose an invasion, but China is not going to intervene against us to support Iran. China does not really like Iran, they just want. If it came down to us or Iran, they will pick us.

How many times do we need to send our troops over seas on multiple tours? Seriously. We recycle garbage not our troops. I think it is time for a draft and I know some of you don't want it but its time that more Americans know the true meaning of sacrifice and duty to ones country. I did my time in the military and would gladly do it again with no problem. But the time has come for a draft and we all need to come to grips with it and accept it. Our all volunteer military is being stretched too thin and we can't be in denial about it anymore. :mad:

I would support a draft if the military wanted one.

Werbung:
Back