Young widow kills intruder, protects herself and her baby.

no doubt.

Eww... icky poo! It's a gun! Get it out of my world. I have to go to a rainbow coalition rally, and don't want to smell of gun oil. Eww!

3,2,1 again!

Is gun ownership really a liberal vs conservative issue? It seems to me more like a libertarian vs authoritarian one. The mystery is why conservatives tend to be on the llibertarian, or correct, side on this issue, yet on the authoritarian, or wrong, side of so many others. It seems to me to be a conflict of ideology.

But, maybe that's just me.

Conservatives support the Constitution ... as Libertarians do ... We all know that the U.S. Constitution is the biggest obstacle in the way of liberals pushing their authoritarian agenda. Do not forget we have fought two World Wars over their antiquated ideologies. And, please expound on the issues you are referring too, where Conservatives rest on the authoritarian side!

Werbung:
no doubt.

Eww... icky poo! It's a gun! Get it out of my world. I have to go to a rainbow coalition rally, and don't want to smell of gun oil. Eww!

3,2,1 again!

Is gun ownership really a liberal vs conservative issue? It seems to me more like a libertarian vs authoritarian one. The mystery is why conservatives tend to be on the llibertarian, or correct, side on this issue, yet on the authoritarian, or wrong, side of so many others. It seems to me to be a conflict of ideology.

But, maybe that's just me.

Yeah...its just you, because all that gange use has messed you up. Your confusion on this issue is laughable.

Gun ownership IS a liberal vs conservative issue. This is because liberals have made it this way because they would love to ban gun ownership. Liberals are all about imposing their views on the rest of us...but you claim not to know this. Liberalism IS authoritarianism.

Your inability to see this, plus your belief that conservatives tend toward authoritinism just proves once again your liberal tendencies and lack of understanding conservatism. Conservatism is about liberty for the individual and the rule of law. The law is the Constitution...and we conservatives believe in it 100% as it was originally intended. The Founders made gun ownership the 2nd Amendment (not the 5 or 8 or 10th) to the Bill of Rights for a reason. They knew the importance of an armed citizenry if the people are to remain free from government tyranny.

Liberalism is authoritarianism? Well, yes, in some instances, it is. Certainly, on the issue of Second Amendment rights it is.

How about who gets to decide who marries whom, whether a woman does or does not have to carry a fetus to term, and which drugs are and aren't OK. Are the conservativers on the libertarian or the authoritarian side of those issues?

It is not a right left, one dimensional dichotomy, but, I've said that before.

Liberalism is authoritarianism? Well, yes, in some instances, it is. Certainly, on the issue of Second Amendment rights it is.

How about who gets to decide who marries whom, whether a woman does or does not have to carry a fetus to term, and which drugs are and aren't OK. Are the conservativers on the libertarian or the authoritarian side of those issues?

Conservatives support the Constitution, as Gipper said 100%. The Constitution guarantees the American citizen many things. It does not guarantee a mother the right to murder her unborn child, despite what the liberals would have you believe. The Constitution does not guarantee you the right to marry your gay lover or anyone else for that matter. It does not guarantee you the access or use of any drugs or even healthcare.

To be Conservative is to support the U.S. Constitution. The issues you have mentioned are matters of morality, which clearly as we all know liberals fall very short of. Because Conservatives stand on the ... well "Conservative" side of these issues does not in anyway suggest they support any form of authoritarian views. In fact, authoritarian views and agendas are formed solely by governments, not the Constitution. Conservatives are for less government and liberals are for more. Now, which do you think sides more with the authoritarian side?

"for the greater good" yeah it certainly is

marriage ? state issue
abortion ? equal protection under the law issue
drugs ? agreed. legalize it all. but blue laws were not exclusive to the right.

fair enough, lets just keep things to the constitutional test. that documentwas / is crafted on a multi dimentional concept. if anythng its libertarian in nature.

"for the greater good" yeah it certainly is

marriage ? state issue
abortion ? equal protection under the law issue
drugs ? agreed. legalize it all. but blue laws were not exclusive to the right.

fair enough, lets just keep things to the constitutional test. that documentwas / is crafted on a multi dimentional concept. if anythng its libertarian in nature.

Yes, it is, definitely.

Marriage is a state issue, or, better yet, an issue to be decided by the churches, but not by the federal government. Agreed. That one is not in the Constitution.
Abortion is an equal protection issue if and only if you posit that a zygote is the same as an infant or an adult. Personally, I'd never choose an elective abortion for any woman, but that is not my choice, or that of big daddy government. It is hers.
Drugs? Yes, you're on the right side of that one. Blue laws may be right or left, but are certainly not libertarian. The war on drugs has brought more problems than the drugs themselves. Moreover, the Constitution says nothing about this issue. Personally, I don't use recreational drugs despite what Gipper thinks, but that's my personal decision, not that of Big Brother.

Yes, it is, definitely.

Marriage is a state issue, or, better yet, an issue to be decided by the churches, but not by the federal government. Agreed. That one is not in the Constitution.
Abortion is an equal protection issue if and only if you posit that a zygote is the same as an infant or an adult. Personally, I'd never choose an elective abortion for any woman, but that is not my choice, or that of big daddy government. It is hers.
Drugs? Yes, you're on the right side of that one. Blue laws may be right or left, but are certainly not libertarian. The war on drugs has brought more problems than the drugs themselves. Moreover, the Constitution says nothing about this issue. Personally, I don't use recreational drugs despite what Gipper thinks, but that's my personal decision, not that of Big Brother.

well the ship sailed on govt being in the marriage biz a LONG time ago to address the property aspects so unless everyone agrees to opt out of asking the govt to settle these sorts of disputes, aint no changing this I'm afraid.

each zygote is a unique being (with the caveat of identical twins, not sure if they differ in terms of BA or not). close enough for me as you already knew.

drugs are just a society thing and if there was to be legislation surrounding it then it should be left at the state level. I'm afraid that FDA is a little too fond of having a role (and the $/power it brings so even if you leave off recreational drugs there is no gitting past that.

well the ship sailed on govt being in the marriage biz a LONG time ago to address the property aspects so unless everyone agrees to opt out of asking the govt to settle these sorts of disputes, aint no changing this I'm afraid.

each zygote is a unique being (with the caveat of identical twins, not sure if they differ in terms of BA or not). close enough for me as you already knew.

drugs are just a society thing and if there was to be legislation surrounding it then it should be left at the state level. I'm afraid that FDA is a little too fond of having a role (and the $/power it brings so even if you leave off recreational drugs there is no gitting past that.

Without the war on drugs, there would be no rationale for the asset forfeiture laws.

I love this story ... from a political perspective! I live in the Great State of Texas ... where it is well known and accepted ... if you Tread on Me ... you will be shot! It is in the News everyday here ... people addicted to meth and pills are attempting home invasion and being shot everyday .... an addiction and a criminal mind is risky business in the Great State of Texas.

Not to mention Texas leads the nation in most executions.Florida is 2nd ,,California is dead last.

Not to mention Texas leads the nation in most executions.Florida is 2nd ,,California is dead last.

Yes ... Like Ron White says ... we have an express lane ... however, I am not sure that is always a good thing. Capital punishment should be enacted only with irrefutable evidence, such as DNA.

Thumb_Guns_1065.jpg
free-men-own-guns-slaves-dont.jpg

Werbung:
I have to both agree and disagree with PLC's statements. The issue of gun control is very much a Conservative/Libertarian vs Liberal/Progressive issue. Name the last Republican to champion, or even support, any gun control measure... Meanwhile Democrats push for stricter gun control laws every year. And I agree that Conservatives often have an authoritarian streak, despite the many denials regarding this fact. Just one example of this was a decade or so ago when "Conservatives" were pushing to make it illegal for people to burn the American flag.

So while TexasT claims that "Conservatives support the Constitution... 100%", Conservatives are quick to ignore such Constitutional phrases as "Congress shall make no law..." when issues of "morality" are on the table.

Back