10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

Werbung:
Marriage is also widely considered "stabilizing" and a married couple is more likely to be a stable contributing member in the group then unmarried singles.

Of course, you are refering to heterosexual marriages. Its stabalizing effect is in its promotion of the parents of a child, living with and raising that child. As opposed to one or both not doing so. And as one of the "unmarried singles" I would argue that you have nothing whatsoever to base your claims regarding singles and their contribution to the group.

Of course, you are refering to heterosexual marriages. Its stabalizing effect is in its promotion of the parents of a child, living with and raising that child. As opposed to one or both not doing so. And as one of the "unmarried singles" I would argue that you have nothing whatsoever to base your claims regarding singles and their contribution to the group.

No, I'm referring to marriage in general: a commitment of individuals to each other with concurrent social and legal obligations. Traditionally they are more likely to buy a house, settle down in a permanent location etc. etc. Family/children certainly could well be part of it. Of course times change, people are marrying later, and single people are accumulating more wealth.

I'm making no claims regarding singles so quit being so touchy. I'm merely repeating something that is often said regarding marriage - it's a stabilizing force in society.

Because you haven't given it a rational or ethical purpose.

There is no need for homosexual behavior - only the simple and rational concept of planned parenthood and reproductive health.

Sorry, but that still has absolutely nothing to do with marriage or the rights afforded to a married couple.

Sorry, but that still has absolutely nothing to do with marriage or the rights afforded to a married couple.

That has EVERYTHING to do with marriage as a LEGAL INSTITUTION.

There is no big conspiracy afoot here. Anyone can spend the rest of their lives with whoever they wish. Without the the legal form or substance, however, it's just not a marriage.

It is not frozen. Its just not applied to homosexual unions.

Why not?

Marriage has been defined in many ways:
one man, one woman
many men, one woman
many women, one man
one man, his wife, his wife's widowed sister...
only one race
adult and child
between children

I have yet to see a valid reason not to extend it to consenting adults of the same sex.

That is not a purpose for which the state should institutionalize homosexual behavior. There is a big difference.

Not really. State recognition of marriage is nothing more then a granting of certain rights and privledges. Either those rights should be granted equally or not at all and the state should completely stay out of marriage.

Apparently some people do not know that gays/lesbians buy homes, work at good jobs, contribute a great deal to the cities they live in, and raise children. They actually do more than their share in making the cities they live in work, becuase they tend to be better educated and more financially secure.

There are ideas about what and who gays/lesbians are that are based entirely on biggotry. That they spend their time in bars, seeking sex and all work in hair salons.

That has EVERYTHING to do with marriage as a LEGAL INSTITUTION.

There is no big conspiracy afoot here. Anyone can spend the rest of their lives with whoever they wish. Without the the legal form or substance, however, it's just not a marriage.

That is exactly the problem.

The legal recognition of marriage confers certain rights:
inheritance (yes, unmarried partners can inherit, but other family members can more easily contest and break the will)
adoption of a partners children
the right to visit a seriously ill or dying partner
differences in taxation

If it's not marriage - then there should be some legally recognized union that confers the same rights or - there should be no special rights associated with marriage.

Werbung:
That is exactly the problem.

The legal recognition of marriage confers certain rights:
inheritance (yes, unmarried partners can inherit, but other family members can more easily contest and break the will)
adoption of a partners children
the right to visit a seriously ill or dying partner
differences in taxation

If it's not marriage - then there should be some legally recognized union that confers the same rights or - there should be no special rights associated with marriage.

Isn't a legally-binding last will and testament to be followed to the "T" upon your death? That's what my lawyer told me last month when i complete mine. If that's all this is about, just draft a well-written, very specific will and you'll be fine.

Back