2nd Chevy Volt fire after a crash test

dogtowner

Staff member
moral of the story, do NOT wreck your Chevy Volt !

or if you MUST, then be damn sure to follow Chevy protocols in storing the batteries or be prepared to go up in smoke.

WASHINGTON — Federal officials say they are investigating the safety of lithium-ion battery in General Motors Co.'s Chevrolet Volt after a second battery fire following crash-testing of the electric car.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Friday that three Volt battery packs were crash-tested last week. In one instance, the battery caught fire afterward, and in another the battery emitted smoke and sparks.

Last May, a fire erupted in the battery of a Chevy Volt that had been damaged during a government crash test three weeks earlier. Last week's tests were an attempt to replicate the May fire.

NHTSA has opened a formal safety defect investigation of the batteries.
General Motors officials said previously that government officials didn't follow the carmaker's protocols for storing post-crash batteries.

I guess you're supposed to store the deadly batteries in a vacume sealed environment forever.

Werbung:
This is exactly why America has to start invading countries. BECAUSE OF OPEC. Until we have better high technology to make cars run better and safer on batteries and on solar instead running on Gas & Oil then spead the war futher. Like Under bush years Afgainstain & Iraq have been invaded by Americans. Newt Gingrich would attack IRAN and invade them. And he would Invade Venezuela get Hugo Chavez removed from power and return freedom to Venezuelans. Then price of oil and gas would come down because oil production would incrase to lower prices. Newt Gingrich would use the Miltitary as a source job growth. High School kids wouldnt be going to College cause the cost college has skyrocketing. They wouldnt be looking for a job cause No one is hiring. So the only opition kids have is to enlist in the military. Under President Newt Gingrich the military would have the highest recruits since WWII So Start invading countries that have oil production and remove the dictators until we get smarter scientist to create better high technology to make cars run better and safer on batteries and on solar instead of using oil and gas the War would stop.

why is it the right seems thrilled when anything thats good for the earth or less pollution has a issue?

I have to question whether burnt lithium ions are good for the earth.
The problem with Chevy Volts is the government subsidies specific to it. If its a good thing then it will represent the better mousetrap. Right now its just crony capitalism at it's worst.

I have to question whether burnt lithium ions are good for the earth.
The problem with Chevy Volts is the government subsidies specific to it. If its a good thing then it will represent the better mousetrap. Right now its just crony capitalism at it's worst.

I'm not sure it's really capitalism at all.

If electric cars are practical, then the private sector will soon be selling them. If they aren't, then they should stay in research and development until they are practical.

Right now, I wouldn't buy one.

I'm not sure it's really capitalism at all.

If electric cars are practical, then the private sector will soon be selling them. If they aren't, then they should stay in research and development until they are practical.

Right now, I wouldn't buy one.

I think the "capitalism" in crony capitalism is a euphemism.

and i agree, as they stand, they are a poor choice.

This is why we have to Go to War!! Because of Dictators like Hugo Chavez and OPEC. The Soviets took 1/3 of Europe from 1950s to 1960s to expand communist rule for their economic purposes. We must take Arabic land because of Dictators in the middle east and OPEC. You see it did some good invading Afgainstan and IRAQ.We got rid of the Taliban,Saddam and Bin Laden. Arabs did their share removing Hosni Mubarak,Muammar Gaddafi and now Bashar al Assad. When these dictators are gone it could bring a good economic future. It could also help bring down OPEC. Newt Gingrich made a statement on Fox News 4 years ago about the price of an barrel of oil and what to do about it. If hes elected the war would be expanded futher into Middle east. There are No Jobs available for teens and college is too expensive to afford. Newt Gingrich would increase the pay for the military so if you want to make money earn a living your best opiton is to become a soldier. Recruitment could be highest since WWII. When our companies start producing Tanks,Guns,Fighter and bomber planes to take the rest of the garbage out in the middle east the brighter our economic future would become like lower gas prices again no more long lines. I hope Newt does become President of the United States he would bring real change and better economy.

Republican Environmentalism
Coal_Burning_Power_Plant_Smoke_Stacks.jpg

Good, no problem

25W-Eco-Light-Bulb-1a.jpg

outlast 10 normal bulbs?
Uses far less Energy?
Recyclable?

Evil and will destroy the world..I suddenly care about Mercury.

OOO evil battery....Can't have Fuel Efficient cars with less Emissions...

But I am fine with my laptop, cell Phone, car battery and all that......

Republican Environmentalism
Coal_Burning_Power_Plant_Smoke_Stacks.jpg

Good, no problem

25W-Eco-Light-Bulb-1a.jpg

outlast 10 normal bulbs?
Uses far less Energy?
Recyclable?

Evil and will destroy the world..I suddenly care about Mercury.

OOO evil battery....Can't have Fuel Efficient cars with less Emissions...

But I am fine with my laptop, cell Phone, car battery and all that......

Further proof you are brainwashed by the Ds and their leftist media.

Who started the EPA? Any idea? Richard Nixon proposed the EPA and signed it into law. And, certainly you know Tricky Dick was an R.

Is there any R now or ever proposing to pollute the air, water, ground? Any one?

Why do you persist in posting outright leftist propaganda?

Cause when Republicans introduce an idea into law Democrats twist it around for their own purposes. Take the TSA for Example,,Bush Introduced the TSA to keep us safe from Terrorist hijacking planes. Democrats turn the TSA into Nazi idea like searches like the gestapos did for example (PAPERS PLEASE) Nixon introduced the 55MPH Speed limit to save gas during the oil shortage. Democrats turn the 55MPH Speed limit to give Police powers to rob you on the highway for state revinue. Just like Seat Belt laws are designed to do. Democrats want the Nanny state just like how your parents used to dictate you when you were a child. Remember your granny and your aunts told you your parents tell you things cause its for your own good? Democrats make Nanny type laws cause its for your own good thats why Cops rob your wallets and pocketbooks cause ITS THEIR JOB TO ROB YOU! Lets face it,,, THE POLICE DONT PROTECT YOU! THATS WHY WE NEED GUNS!!

Cause when Republicans introduce an idea into law Democrats twist it around for their own purposes. Take the TSA for Example,,Bush Introduced the TSA to keep us safe from Terrorist hijacking planes. Democrats turn the TSA into Nazi idea like searches like the gestapos did for example (PAPERS PLEASE) Nixon introduced the 55MPH Speed limit to save gas during the oil shortage. Democrats turn the 55MPH Speed limit to give Police powers to rob you on the highway for state revinue. Just like Seat Belt laws are designed to do. Democrats want the Nanny state just like how your parents used to dictate you when you were a child. Remember your granny and your aunts told you your parents tell you things cause its for your own good? Democrats make Nanny type laws cause its for your own good thats why Cops rob your wallets and pocketbooks cause ITS THEIR JOB TO ROB YOU! Lets face it,,, THE POLICE DONT PROTECT YOU! THATS WHY WE NEED GUNS!!

dems loved TSA as it allowed them access to a whole bunch more federal workers to unionize.

insurance companies want4ed the 55 and seatbelts to reduce insurance claims, both parties happy to oblige.

cops were fining people forever, helps insure people don't act up. like ants, if we only realized we outnumber them by such vast numbers there is little we couldn't do to change the status quo.

Werbung:
Back