Chevy dealers refusing new Chevy Volts from GM

Little-Acorn

GM has been manufacturing a $40,000 car that seats four, has a so-so ride, isn't very fast, and goes maybe 35 miles before it has to run as a gasoline car anyway. And the govt side-crash-tested three of them, which took the impacts reasonably well... but then spontaneously caught fire in the storage yard a few weeks later.

For some reason Chevy dealers are telling the factory to keep them, they don't even want to TRY to sell them.

Gee, I don't see any reason, do you?

Apparently GM doesn't - they're still making them.

They don't call them Government Motors for nothing.

---------------------------------------

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120123/RETAIL07/301239977/1261

Some Chevy dealers spurn Volt allocation
GM cites concern over fire investigation

Mike Colias
Automotive News -- January 23, 2012 - 12:01 am ET

DETROIT -- Some Chevrolet dealers are turning down Volts that General Motors wants to ship to them, a potential stumbling block as GM looks to accelerate sales of the plug-in hybrid.

For example, consider the New York City market. Last month, GM allocated 104 Volts to 14 dealerships in the area, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Dealers took just 31 of them, the lowest take rate for any Chevy model in that market last month. That group of dealers ordered more than 90 percent of the other vehicles they were eligible to take, the source said.

In Clovis, Calif., meanwhile, Brett Hedrick, dealer principal at Hedrick's Chevrolet, sold 10 Volts last year. But in December and January he turned down all six Volts allocated to him under GM's "turn-and-earn" system, which distributes vehicles based on past sales volumes and inventory levels.

GM's "thinking we need six more Volts is just crazy," Hedrick says. "We've never sold more than two in a month." Hedrick says he usually takes just about every vehicle that GM allocates to him.

GM spokesman Rob Peterson confirmed that "dealer ordering is down" for the Volt. He said many dealers have been waiting for resolution of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's investigation into the risk of fires in the car's battery pack. Last year three packs caught fire in the days or weeks following government test crashes.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Werbung:
invent a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.
invent an expensive piece of crap and dealers say 'no thanks'.

what we need is LP Gas. its cheap, plentiful and we've had the tech for decades.

that will tide us over while we find a viable alternative.

idiots think the president made the car...Republicans cheer for US company to fail...

sensible people know the president pushed Chevy to get the car to showroom floors when Chevy clearly knew it was not ready. conservatives are unsurprised when problems arise from government interference. and we are disappointed that the chapter 11 process was not allowed to take place thereby robbing GM of the chance to emerge successfully.

sensible people know the president pushed Chevy to get the car to showroom floors when Chevy clearly knew it was not ready. conservatives are unsurprised when problems arise from government interference. and we are disappointed that the chapter 11 process was not allowed to take place thereby robbing GM of the chance to emerge successfully.

or of course, he did not. GM did...I know this comes as a shock to you...but GM was realy poorly managed well before the goverment bailed them out...I know breath,.....its hard to accept but sometimes GM actuly did things that have nothing to do with Obama ...But you know just blame him, he sat in and drew up the plans himself..

I swear one day you guys will get smart enough to know the President can't even if he tried be to blame for 1 100th of what you guys bitch about.,

or of course, he did not. GM did...I know this comes as a shock to you...but GM was realy poorly managed well before the goverment bailed them out...I know breath,.....its hard to accept but sometimes GM actuly did things that have nothing to do with Obama ...But you know just blame him, he sat in and drew up the plans himself..

I swear one day you guys will get smart enough to know the President can't even if he tried be to blame for 1 100th of what you guys bitch about.,

Are you being sarcatistic? Was that post meant to be funny?

What is funny? You and your kind blamed Bush for all sorts of things, but BO gets a pass...HYPOCRISY!

GM's management was bad, so BO gets to fire them...is that nonsense or what?

What was and still is bad about GM, is they are still mired with costly union contracts granting very rich benes to employees and retirees. Sorry to blow your love of unions bubble. GM will be in trouble again because the main problem was not corrected, and if a commie is in the WH then, they will get bailed out again...to your delight.

Are you being sarcatistic? Was that post meant to be funny?

What is funny? You and your kind blamed Bush for all sorts of things, but BO gets a pass...HYPOCRISY!

GM's management was bad, so BO gets to fire them...is that nonsense or what?

What was and still is bad about GM, is they are still mired with costly union contracts granting very rich benes to employees and retirees. Sorry to blow your love of unions bubble. GM will be in trouble again because the main problem was not corrected, and if a commie is in the WH then, they will get bailed out again...to your delight.

I blamed Bush for things he had power over...not things companies did. Also Obama did not just fire people...see odd thing...when your about to loan a company alot of money to fix alot of screw ups they made...sometimes its not worth it when you have the same people in charge...Gm chose to fire him, and get help...GM could have said no , gone bankrupt, and ceased being a company...I know that would have made you happy..

Also welcome to the Free market ...if you don't like what your paying your Union workers...well Tough****... You agreed to the contracts...no one put a gun to your head. Maybe next you can complain its the customers fault for not paying enough for the Product...

http://www.freep.com/article/201201...-S-develop-Volt?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Auto

Pretty much all American cars are shit

Ironic eh?

The best marques are European including Ferarri, Bentley, Aston Martin, Porsche, Range Rover, Maserati, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lamorghini etc

They are costly but they are great

If you want great cheaper cars you might buy Japanese brands

They are beautifully made, hugely reliable and often look good

They are certainly way ahead of US cars

They are costly but they are great

If you want great cheaper cars you might buy Japanese brands

They are beautifully made, hugely reliable and often look good

They are certainly way ahead of US cars

they (Japanese ones) do rate well in cost to own comparisons. while my brother's old M-B was a great old car, his newer ones do not compare favorably. Fords on the other hand have gotten better over the last ten years or so.

Werbung:
Fords have but on the whole US cars sold in the US are largely not a patch on Japanese cars for engineering and not a patch on European cars for desirability

Back