7 lies (or delusions) of GOP ideologies in 2'47"

I always am looking for growth. . . Can you, and especially the others here say the same?

I can and some others can too. Join us.

What you accuse me of doing, is what I see (not so much you and a couple of other posters, but all the others) do every day, and with a lot less factual information being provided to back up their statements.

Yes others do it. I thought I indicated that in my post. so we are in agreeement. How does the actions of others in any way mean that you yourself should not try to be your best?

You point out to my being an extreme leftist. . . Yet you don't see anyone here as an extreme rightist? If that is not a bias, I don't know what is.

I am quite aware that others here fall into all sorts of camps. Most are mixtures of things. I have yet to see anything mixed in with your progressive ideas. As far as I can tell you are a very pure progressive.

Do you believe that you have reach such a level of perfection and fairness that you ( and especially your little proteges here) have nothing to learn by opening their minds to othe pints of view?

I already indicated that we all can grow.

do you set yourself, and those who think like you as being the only "gardeners" in this forum, and thus able to determine what is a weed that needs toc be destoyed or at least removed by any means, and what is a flower that must be tended to?

I did not try to imply you were a weed. And I did try to imply that you need to make your own choices about gardeners. I would hope you would drink all truthful water no matter how bitter and no matter who it came from. That would include others here and at times would exclude some you are presently drinking from.

It seems to me that a forum of this kind is NOT supposed to be a French garden, but a broad field in which all weeds are flowers, and all flowers are weeds, just the way God intended the world to be.

This is alreadly a much more varied garden than you may imagine. I do value different ideas and am encouraging you to value them too. You need a better system for figuring out which ideas you want to explore.

Werbung:
Both sides offer propaganda which is called progaganda and not always recognized as such by those that believe it.

But both sides also offer factual and good information and we here can be smart enough to rise above being pawns of the leaders.

With an emphasis on outing falsehood, being accurate, honest, willing to change our minds, accepting what is good from anyone we can create a true dialectic. But the same old political sniping will not result in a dialiectic.

I totally agree!

The key is to be a critical reader of any information, ESPECIALLY that information that we seek most, from the sources that make us e most "comfortable" because those sources always provide a spin that confirms our mind set, rather than challenge it, and to determine in the honesty of our heart why we choose to believe in it, rather than in the opposite interpretation given by another source.

there are issues that CAN be proven with factual, concrete information. there are also many issues that will be in a grey area where one can't "prove" anything, but that need to be looked at with an even more critical and open mind.

What i do not respect is the "party line" (from both sides) that, just because it fits one's need to have one's own beliefs reinforced rather than challenge, is accepted at face value, and repeated at nauseum, thus "taking a life of it's own," rather than being verified for veracity to the extend possible.

Back