A REAL-Prez; On-The-Job....FINALLY!!

Smirk, NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3133320415_d69367fbab.jpg

Werbung:
"The White House is targeting companies that use loopholes in the law that allow them to legally avoid paying billions in taxes. It also focuses on wealthy individuals who break the law by creating hidden overseas accounts.

The Obama administration plans to raise $103.1 billion by removing tax advantages for investing overseas and will use that money to help make a tax credit permanent, the officials said. The administration also hopes to raise $95.2 billion over the next 10 years by cracking down on overseas tax havens.

The White House, under the plan, would eliminate the "check-the-box" provision which allows corporations to designate overseas subsidiaries as branches of the company, not subjected to taxes. This tax loophole enables companies to avoid paying U.S. taxes.

The White House will announce the changes as part of the administration's budget. The plans include the Internal Revenue Service hiring almost 800 employees, who would be devoted to cracking down on overseas tax abuse.http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/04/obama.tax.code/index.html"​

Yeah....I'd say that's CHANGE most people can Believe In!!!

:cool:

Yeah....I'd say that's CHANGE most people can Believe In!!!

:cool:

Shaman, this policy has been tried over multiple administrations and has failed every single time. Obama has proposed nothing different to make this one a success. Please tell me why it will work this time?

Shaman, this policy has been tried over multiple administrations and has failed every single time. Obama has proposed nothing different to make this one a success. Please tell me why it will work this time?
Shaman, Kennedy tried a very similar proposal in 1961. Since then it comes up here and there, and typically goes away just as quickly.
I guess you misunderstand the concept of "...multiple administrations...".

:rolleyes:

I guess you misunderstand the concept of "comes up regularly" and always ends in failure.
I've never underestimated (that's misunderestimed, for Bush-lemmings) your ability to distract with the next, new (and, improved/approved?) rhetorical-phrase.

"Maybe Barack Obama really is The One.

(....And, he isn't even White, bododie!! :p )

Yesterday's news was good -- almost supernaturally so.

The economy? Recovering.

The markets? Rallying.

Swine flu? Abating.

Drought? Ending.

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff declared his confidence that Pakistan's nuclear weapons are well secured. The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee declared his confidence that a massive health-care overhaul will be accomplished this year. Warren Buffett declared his confidence that the economy is "out of the quicksand." And the Supreme Court was confident enough about the state of the nation to turn its attention to Janet Jackson's breasts.

Call it good policy, as Democrats do, or beginner's luck, as the last remaining Republicans do, but you can practically hear the nation collectively exhaling.

The rapid improvement in the public's mood is without precedent in modern history."​

I've never underestimated (that's misunderestimed, for Bush-lemmings) your ability to distract with the next, new (and, improved/approved?) rhetorical-phrase.

I see the subject has changed. But I think it is hilarious that you are attempting to credit Obama for a drought ending, that is pretty good.

I see the subject has changed. But I think it is hilarious that you are attempting to credit Obama for a drought ending, that is pretty good.
It's the compassionate-thing-to-do!

We're figuring.....once we've recovered all-of-the-a$$et$ the 1%ers ripped-off.....and, herded all-of-them into re-education-camps/state-operated marijuana-farms....it'd be extremely-harsh to deprive them of rain. It wouldn't be economically-feasible.

You can thank us, later.​

"Pakistani security forces attacked Taliban fighters on Wednesday killing at least 64 of them, the military said, after the United States called on the government to show its commitment to fighting militancy.

Expanding Taliban influence in nuclear-armed Pakistan has spread alarm at home and abroad and will be a core issue when U.S. President Barack Obama meets his Afghan and Pakistani counterparts in Washington later on Wednesday.

"Pakistan must demonstrate its commitment to rooting out al Qaeda and the violent extremists within its borders," Richard Holbrooke, U.S. special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said in congressional testimony on Tuesday.

Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said Pakistan's commitment was unwavering: "We are suffering the most because of terrorism. Who else would be more interested in extirpating this?"

Afghanistan President Karzai said on Tuesday that Pakistan -- whose intelligence services have long been accused of maintaining old ties to the Afghan Taliban for strategic reasons -- should sever such links. Basit said the neighbors needed to transcend such old suspicions.​

obama20a.jpg

"Hey....no prob. It's time everyone else starts doin' their share o' the work, as well."

It's the compassionate-thing-to-do!

We're figuring.....once we've recovered all-of-the-a$$et$ the 1%ers ripped-off.....and, herded all-of-them into re-education-camps/state-operated marijuana-farms....it'd be extremely-harsh to deprive them of rain. It wouldn't be economically-feasible.

You can thank us, later.​

This is your evidence that Obama ended a drought? This is classic.

obama20a.jpg

"Hey....no prob. It's time everyone else starts doin' their share o' the work, as well."

Pakistan has been fighting this problem for years now. Now that the Taliban is 60 miles from their capitol their problem because a lot worse for them and us. Especially if they lose control of their nuclear weapons. It is a serious problem, and they have been attempting to combat for years, and even now it is an open question if they have the capability.

Werbung:
Get ready for the "moralist"-insurgency, folks!!​

"President Barack Obama wants to eliminate more than $100 million in spending on abstinence-only education, directing the money instead to teen pregnancy-reduction programs that don't take the no-sex approach.

Administration budget documents say Obama wants to redirect funding from "abstinence-only education programs to evidence-based and promising teen pregnancy prevention programs."

rt_obama_080103_main1.jpg

Back