A Tragic Mistake

It doesn't really matter because you are a true believer and facts will never change your opinion.

But how's this for starters?
1. Stagflation - look it up in the event you do not know what it is.
2. Iran Hostage Crisis - again look it up.
3. USSR on the move throughout the world due to Jimma's appeasement - well most Americans did not like this, but liberals did.

I know your response, these things were all meaningless and the evil doer Bush did much worse. Liberals ugh!!!

That's it...that's what you post for support of your 'FEELINGS'...Oh, the HORROR, the constant strain and direct impact that those 3 finite inconsequential things had upon 'ALL of AMERICA.'

With logic like that it's no wonder that you seem so mesmerized by the ILK of Glen Beck & Rush Limbaugh's of the world...LMAO

Werbung:
That's it...that's what you post for support of your 'FEELINGS'...Oh, the HORROR, the constant strain and direct impact that those 3 finite inconsequential things had upon 'ALL of AMERICA.'

With logic like that it's no wonder that you seem so mesmerized by the ILK of Glen Beck & Rush Limbaugh's of the world...LMAO

As I predicted...

Hmmm...I imagine a clever prosecutor who had evidence, say, that Cheneyco lied to Congress in order to start a war on the People's tab to assimiliate Iraq's oilfields for private enterprise and profit, and if said lies could be demonstrated to have led, via the titanic war costs to have helped place our nation in a position of strategic vulnerability via the recession at this critical hour...I'm thinking treason would apply too. In that sense greed would be illegal.

So now your "case" relies on a "clever" prosecutor who will have possession of this "evidence" you cite that has never been shown to exist?

Further, you seemingly ignore the actual costs of the wars and how Iraqi oil fields were actually handled. The largest Iraqi contract, actually the first one done by the new Iraqi government, went to a Chinese company. Wouldn't it make sense if we invaded for oil that we would have demanded an American company get that contract?

Further, the costs of the wars is in the ballpark area of $1 trillion. If that spending is what led us into a recession, then how on Earth do you justify what we are doing now? After all war is government spending is it not? So, you basically argue that government spending caused the recession. Therefore, you ought to be 100% opposed to all the spending currently underway to supposedly "get us out."

Barring that, I imagine that extradition to foreign courts could come up with some charges that would stick.

You "imagine" that a foreign court could "come up with" a charge that would stick.... What planet do you live on? We do not extradite anyone on the idea that a foreign court might come up with a charge that could stick...

Other nations have laws forbidding murder-for-profit, even if we don't. We owe it to the world to show them we are humble about Iraq and what was done there. If we don't, it could mean the end of the United States of America, and maybe even the planet if things get ugly enough...as they look like they're shaping up to be..

Point out these laws, and then explain how on Earth any of those nations might even attempt to claim jurisdiction in the matter.

Of course all of that is irrelevant anyway since there is no evidence or case to be made that anything was a "murder for profit."

And all this for just a few greedy white guys that we're harboring. We demanded Hess et al in Germany. The world may demand this of us. What makes us the exception? Details please.

A "few greedy white guys.."? What is that supposed to mean? Additionally, in Germany, there was openly declared war and we won it. We accepted an unconditional surrender, and therefore we had the authority to do what we did. In the present situation there is no such authority.

Its funny but your position of arguing subjective legality may wind up backfiring on Cheneyco in the end. It's all a matter in the end of how much good will be done in interpreting the laws to find for a guilty verdict.

This makes no sense, outside of the fact that you just dislike the people and want to make some excuse to try them in the absence of any actual reason to do so.

This is crazy..

I voted for Obama, donated to his campaign, but I can't defend the sending of more troops to Afghanistan. Heck, we've still got them in Iraq...what happened to his promise to have them all out of there within a year?

Obama's presidency, so far, has been a disappointment for me and many other liberals. He's continued all of Bush's wars. Kos had a poll yesterday, showing a distinct lack of enthusiasm among Democrats..we're going to get creamed next year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/opinion/01herbert.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

While I personally would prefer a more expedited move out of Afghanistan as well I see this as more of a well thought out political strategy.

For Democrats to continue to win (either Party for that matter) they must hold onto Independents. This move ratifies what President has said all along that Afghanistan was the ball the Bush administration took it's eye off of.

This surge as inoculates our President from any credible (and you know it would be coming) attack from the Rabid Right that he wouldn't fight terrorists... and at the same time gets the troops in and out with a time line very quickly (by military intervention standards).

While I truly believe we can stay in Afghanistan another 3,4,5 years and things will be virtually the same because of the embedded tribal nature of this country, the religious fanaticism that is indigenous to this region and the base of the drug trade in this area I'm certainly not one to believe our moves would not only be worse if the other side was once again in power.

In that Republicant scenario we have blatant lies and twisted selective information taking us to invading countries and a lust for military Nation Building all over the entire world.

Let alone the Right's desire mostly to benefit the already wealthy, to strip women of their right to choose and we'd certainly never be talking about the desperately needed Health insurance Reform... and many other things.

While I may not agree fully with every single decision on balance I look at how much worse it was and would be again. That definitely keeps me in support of our President.

Alright, here is the first one:

You keep going back to this point of "bringing them to justice", when talking about Bush, Cheney, etc... I assume somewhere in that statement you involve the court system correct?

What crimes are you going to charge them with? What laws are you going to assert they broke? No where do you mention anything like that.

You make vague arguments that
they are guilty of "greed", but that is hardly illegal.

Werbung:
This is crazy..

I voted for Obama, donated to his campaign, but I can't defend the sending of more troops to Afghanistan. Heck, we've still got them in Iraq...what happened to his promise to have them all out of there within a year?

You should have objected before they went to Iraq for WMD that didn't exist.

Obama's presidency, so far, has been a disappointment for me and many other liberals. He's continued all of Bush's wars. Kos had a poll yesterday, showing a distinct lack of enthusiasm among Democrats..we're going to get creamed next year.

So much forgetting screamed. Obama was proven to be correct if we liked it or not.

Back