Baby steps, yes...but progress for sure!

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Breaking News Alert
The New York Times
Thu, December 24, 2009 -- 7:16 AM ET
-----

Senate Passes Health Care Overhaul Bill

The Senate voted Thursday to reinvent the nation's health
care system, passing a bill to guarantee health insurance for
all Americans and rein in health costs as proposed by
President Obama.

The vote, on the 25th straight day of debate on the
legislation, brings Democrats a step closer to a goal they
have pursued for decades. It clears the way for negotiations
with the House, which passed a broadly similar bill last
month by a vote of 220 to 215.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com?emc=na

Some will see this as problematic, some will see this as real progress; for me I see this as a huge step in the right direction and if my country is going to spend billions, I'd prefer it to be for our benefit than for ending the lives of people in their own country...but that's just MY OPINION ;)

Werbung:
Trouble is, it does not insure all Americans nor does it reign in costs nor is it deficet neutral for that matter. And as if that were not enough, it's constitutionality WILL be challenged and almost certainly found to be lacking.

But I guess it sounds nice and all to say otherwise.

There are some good provisions in this bill, but it wasn't done in the light of day. As I and others read through this bill we find more and more special deals that help special interest and hurt the average citizen.

Nothing is perfect, but why did 13 different Democratic Senators negotiate significant exemptions for their states? Why was their a last minute clause put into the bill to exclude the construction industry from the small business exemption? Too many favors were done to make this happen.

Trouble is, it does not insure all Americans nor does it reign in costs nor is it deficet neutral for that matter. And as if that were not enough, it's constitutionality WILL be challenged and almost certainly found to be lacking.

And with all of the 'amendments' to our very own constitution and additional 'BILLS' since the ORIGINAL BILL OF RIGHTS...we are a WORK IN PROGRESS and this is just the first step...albeit it not all of what I wanted, nor what each and everyone of us needed...but it is a START and for that I AM GRATEFUL ;)

BTW...WELCOME ABOARD and enjoy the passionate posters...we have a wide variety:cool:

There are some good provisions in this bill, but it wasn't done in the light of day. As I and others read through this bill we find more and more special deals that help special interest and hurt the average citizen.

Nothing is perfect, but why did 13 different Democratic Senators negotiate significant exemptions for their states? Why was their a last minute clause put into the bill to exclude the construction industry from the small business exemption? Too many favors were done to make this happen.

SHOCK/SURPRISE/AMAZEMENT...you didn't know that's how this system has been working since the original founding fathers met in secret to start the REVOLT against the crown...COME ON, FRANKLIN, you just can't be that NAIVE :eek:

SHOCK/SURPRISE/AMAZEMENT...you didn't know that's how this system has been working since the original founding fathers met in secret to start the REVOLT against the crown...COME ON, FRANKLIN, you just can't be that NAIVE :eek:

the president promised an open and transparant new Washington. this is a bold new step in the opposite direction.

And with all of the 'amendments' to our very own constitution and additional 'BILLS' since the ORIGINAL BILL OF RIGHTS...we are a WORK IN PROGRESS and this is just the first step...albeit it not all of what I wanted, nor what each and everyone of us needed...but it is a START and for that I AM GRATEFUL ;)

BTW...WELCOME ABOARD and enjoy the passionate posters...we have a wide variety:cool:

if you want to expand federal control then you have to pursue the ammendment process, you cant just pass bills and thta cover it.

thx

the president promised an open and transparant new Washington. this is a bold new step in the opposite direction.

Forgive my ancient age...but doesn't it take '2' parties to work together for the transparency to work :confused: Since the first attempt to work with the staunch GOP/moss backs this has been a one way mirror, so why should the elected officials keep inviting those same said 'staunch GOP/moss backs' to the meeting if they won't/don't want to discuss the PLAN!!! Why, that would be like standing right in front of your bathroom mirror and yelling at yourself...did you change your mind - EVER?

So they'll continue to just make those 'screeching MONKEY' sounds of anguish/frustration and when they get control of the House & Senate then we'll have the Democrats making the very same sounds...seems to be the way in which it's been working:cool:

Forgive my ancient age...but doesn't it take '2' parties to work together for the transparency to work :confused: Since the first attempt to work with the staunch GOP/moss backs this has been a one way mirror, so why should the elected officials keep inviting those same said 'staunch GOP/moss backs' to the meeting if they won't/don't want to discuss the PLAN!!! Why, that would be like standing right in front of your bathroom mirror and yelling at yourself...did you change your mind - EVER?

So they'll continue to just make those 'screeching MONKEY' sounds of anguish/frustration and when they get control of the House & Senate then we'll have the Democrats making the very same sounds...seems to be the way in which it's been working:cool:

No, transparancy is owned by the party in power as they call the shots.

right off the bat no less than Obama declares "you lost" when alternate views were offered. and that was pretty much the end of any attempt at it. it proceeded to outright barring of the GOP and other silly tricks.

Merry Freakin Christams. What a horrible present we are getting from this out of touch out of control congress.

All who voted to take away freedom and liberty by passing this bill should get coal for christmas.

first, the CBO report suggest it would not be Dedicet Newtral...it would lower it actuly over 10 years, and possibly more the next 10...so that is true...

and 2nd, I am sure someone will try, but they will fail. What will they sue on ? that the Goverment can't regulate health care insurance? it has for some time, no court has said it cant. That the goverment can not help those who do not have health care? it already has and does, courts have never said no again...what are they going to argue? Outside of , we don't like it.

when was the last bill to not do that?

when was the last bill to not do that?
I asked the same thing {great minds ;)} but seriously...if we start dissecting the 'who won the most kickbacks' then we need to at least be fair and look at all of the bills that have been passed by both parties in the [say] last 20 years and compare each of them side by side...transparency and all that fair play...don't cha know!

No, transparancy is owned by the party in power as they call the shots.

right off the bat no less than Obama declares "you lost" when alternate views were offered. and that was pretty much the end of any attempt at it. it proceeded to outright barring of the GOP and other silly tricks.

The only thing the Right ever offered was Kill any bill, Kill it...they never realy wanted to work on this bill, they have done nothing but stall and try to kill or poison it. Some of there people even said there goal was not compromise and to work with the Dems, but to kill it....and those where the ones who where put in a position to actually work on ideas...

When your only goal is to deffeat the other side, can you realy expect them to say hey what do you think , lets work on this together while you try only to stop us...

The the Republicans rot on the sideline, to be pushed out of the way, and ignored by the people.....it will be a nice gap for a nice Independence party to fill....Death to the Republican party

Werbung:
first, the CBO report suggest it would not be Dedicet Newtral...it would lower it actuly over 10 years, and possibly more the next 10...so that is true...

and 2nd, I am sure someone will try, but they will fail. What will they sue on ? that the Goverment can't regulate health care insurance? it has for some time, no court has said it cant. That the goverment can not help those who do not have health care? it already has and does, courts have never said no again...what are they going to argue? Outside of , we don't like it.

State's rights. Health insurance is not interstate commerce. The regulation you mention is done at the state level. Exclusively. Takes an amendment to change this and is not impacted by the anti-trust legislation sometimes brought up in this regard.

Several states already have their cases ready to file.

All the federal government could do is buy already licensed policies in the states where the people live. No mandating of coverages and also no requirement for people to buy (separate issue).

Pretty simple really.

Back