Bama Cops Canned

I suppose if the video was of a guy jay walking on an empty dirt road, then perhaps you have a point. On the other hand, when a guy directly attempts to run over another police officer while nearly getting a number of others killed, yeah I'm willing to let them decide which homicidal nut case needs beaten.

So if you think they were justified, why do you think they supressed the video for a better part of a year.

Also, as I am pretty sure I mentioned before...the man got 20 years for his actions. Id rather have the courts and a jury of my peers decide my fate than potentially being killed by police after I was lying motionless on the ground.

Cops are trained to enforce the law, keep the public safe, and be a first responder. They are entrusted with a great amount of responsibility in the use of lethal and non lethal force.
Once the suspect is no longer a threat to anyone, that aspect of the job is done, it is time to move into the role of first responding medics. There have been more than a few cases where police have been forced to shoot a suspect. Once the suspect was down, and no longer a threat the police, the cops helped treat the suspect for thier gunshot wound. Not walk up to them and inflict further damage after the suspect was down.

Werbung:
Another something I will throw in just for further perspective when it comes to an issue like this. Growing up playing hockey, I never shied away from a good scrap on the ice or on the street. There are a few things that are simply uncalled for when it comes to this sort of thing, and repeatedly hitting someone after they are helpless is among the most dishonorable things out there(having all your buddies participate is even worse)

Granted I know the circumstances here are in some cases notably different. But I still cant imagine how this could be viewed as justified.

I think if this would have happened to a person who had not just been in a serious crash that the injuries inflicted would have been quite noticable. Of course because it came after he was already hurt, it is difficult to tell which injuries came from which.

There is no question that more often than not, a person who already has a serious brain injury(being knocked unconcious) and then is subjected to further trama from a human kneeling next to thier head and delivering half a dozen well aimed punches, is totally uncalled for. Plus it is very dangerous, hitting someone in the back of the head, even when they are otherwise uninjured. Punching to the back of the head is not allowed in boxing and other fighting sports.

I did not see him getting hit in the head. In the chest with a billy club, it looked like 5 times and another guy with his hands on his upper legs it looked like, Ill watch again later and see if I am missing something

So if you think they were justified, why do you think they supressed the video for a better part of a year.

Also, as I am pretty sure I mentioned before...the man got 20 years for his actions. Id rather have the courts and a jury of my peers decide my fate than potentially being killed by police after I was lying motionless on the ground.

Cops are trained to enforce the law, keep the public safe, and be a first responder. They are entrusted with a great amount of responsibility in the use of lethal and non lethal force.
Once the suspect is no longer a threat to anyone, that aspect of the job is done, it is time to move into the role of first responding medics. There have been more than a few cases where police have been forced to shoot a suspect. Once the suspect was down, and no longer a threat the police, the cops helped treat the suspect for thier gunshot wound. Not walk up to them and inflict further damage after the suspect was down.

I did not say they were justified. Nor did I indicate that the cops acted within the law. I'm not citing state revised code, or giving a lecture on state law.

These are things I don't know about. I would wager that the doctrine of excessive force would prevent this.

What I am saying is that my opinion... just opinion... is that I couldn't care less what happens to scum bags like that guy. You run from police, and I lose all pitty for what happens to you.

Werbung:
Another something I will throw in just for further perspective when it comes to an issue like this. Growing up playing hockey, I never shied away from a good scrap on the ice or on the street. There are a few things that are simply uncalled for when it comes to this sort of thing, and repeatedly hitting someone after they are helpless is among the most dishonorable things out there(having all your buddies participate is even worse)

Granted I know the circumstances here are in some cases notably different. But I still cant imagine how this could be viewed as justified.

differnace is that with the NHL, they attack Bertuzi for his actions and with the cops they support them , hide evidence and people say it was ok.

Back